Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
Really I don't think L&P would waste his time with this update if nothing was going to happen then?

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Preface - I don't like the math below but this is what I see:

I'd love to see AWAM's present time of development trend lines change, but those lines point to >1 year for the development of 1 Playable Day (PD) at PD 13 and with the completion of each PD, if the quality/quantity of content remain the same, the PD that follows will take even longer.

If PD 13 takes, for example, 15 months to be completed (let's say completion is around Mar 2023) and we treat the time it takes to finish PD 14 as: PD14 = (PD13 + PD13/10) = 16.5 months (this adds 10% to the time of completion for the next PD).

PD 14 does not look too bad, 16.5 months development time (~August 2024).

This does not sound too bad, but let's extent the trend line out several more PDs:

PD 15 = (PD14 + PD14/10) = (16.5 + 1.65) = 18.15 months (~February 2026)

PD 16 = (PD 15 + PD 15/10) = (18.15 + 1.815) = 19.965 months (~September 2027)

Again, this gets more painful, timewise and we are all waiting longer and longer to see each PD completed.

It's when we carry the trend line out to, let's say PD 20 that we see how much slower development becomes, with PD 20 weighing in at 29+ months of development, putting the completion of PD 20 at around 3rd quarter, 2036.

You don't want to know what PD 30 looks like... Let's just say that, if the trend lines hold as described above, any U.S. citizens reading this now and, able to enjoy PD 30 content, will also be celebrating the 300 year anniversary of the founding of the U.S. - in 2076...

Most here understand the power of compounded interest - where your interest adds to your principal and dramatically increases the value of your $ through time.

Here, the power of compounded time does us no favors.

For those who think that the +10%/PD compounding factor is too pessimistic, reducing this by half to +5%/PD provides only minor relief.

Using a +5% factor in the example above puts us at PD 20 completion arriving at around 1st quarter 2034.

L&P is the only one with the power to change the math here.

This number would decrease if L&P did not take 7-10 days off after every mini release, and it would decrease even more if he did not maintain the DOL farce on Patreon, taking time away from AWAM (bumping as much support to SS as possible).

The only real way to knock time of development of each PD down to something that will see most of us enjoying AWAM at PD 30 is if L&P builds an effective team, something that his supporters have brought up Many times.
No idea how you can even think that PD15 will take 18.15 months.
This is suppose to be smallest day for the rest of the game.
I know this is the exact day we will get the first lesbain sex scene,but I don't believe we will get a 2500 renders event.
And another 500 renders for other events.For a total of 3000 renders.
Because this is what we should expect if it will take 18+months.
BTW the day right now (PD13) is more likely to take something like 18 months.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
is moving fast!!! ok how many pages of plot this event need?
is moving
is moving like a bullet
And that M* said released will be faster now
OMG,it's amazing!!! I never see so fast speed.

Why are there now suddenly always people who act as if L&P would progress quickly. Or have I just overlooked this kind of short posts in the past?

Nothing is fast with L&P, considering that L&P now works on updates that contain only 1/10 of a game day. The development of the game is still extremely slow and none of AWAM's project management problems have been solved. BTW, The PS process is, next to the task of redering, probably the most automatable part of the work. Whoever imagines that L&P is sitting in front of his computer working hard to finish this update right now is probably completely wrong. :LOL:

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Why are there now suddenly always people who act as if L&P would progress quickly. Or have I just overlooked this kind of short posts in the past?

Nothing is fast with L&P, considering that L&P now works on updates that contain only 1/10 of a game day. The development of the game is still extremely slow and none of AWAM's project management problems have been solved. BTW, The PS process is, next to the task of redering, probably the most automatable part of the work. Whoever imagines that L&P is sitting in front of his computer working hard to finish this update right now is probably completely wrong. :LOL:
All That's left to hear on this thread now is that even the CS is automated and L&P actually sleeps through the entire update cycle.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
nothing sensational or sexual will happen; I certainly do not expect a complete disturbance, but I would be happy to be proved wrong
If this is based on your mail reply from L&P then i would say i interpret his message differently.
The event will definitely not go as far as Amber Dylan and L&P was trying to say not to expect such huge leaps, doesn't mean the story won't move forward. If it was just a conversation based scene then it wouldn't have been so big. So something definitely happens.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
IDK, never played ;) Just throwing a general joke on the well known issue.
But, but - shouldn't there be something released to satisfy the update requirement on Patreon?
I know it was reported that the Sophia at cafe teaser was for those on the 1st side job, but it follows that DOL only has the 1st side job so whatever content is created for that path in AWAM would be used for the DOL update.
Something like,
“Having no plans for the rest of the afternoon, Sophia headed out to her favorite cafe for tea and crumpets.”

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes