ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
this might sound really silly, but does anyone think the game will end?
It will end because everything does. Even mighty empires eventually crumble & fall. It's a question of when & how it will end. There is no plan to do anything about the pace of development, (I know the Dev mentioned doing something in 1-2 year's time, [not now, of course] but he's said this type of thing before & further slowdowns resulted, so expect that in 1-2 years). AWAM is moving at the rate chosen by L&P. There is no-one standing looking over his shoulder causing him to go slower. Moving faster would require more work & that is the key to how things have deteriorated. Moving faster would harm the quality, is the Dev's position. Believe him, or don't, this has never been tested by an exodus of paying Patrons.

How many times have we heard the self-righteous comments, (on L&P's behalf), state, quite correctly, "his game, his choices"? That's it exactly. He chooses the pace & size of the rations, no-one else. It will end when he wants it to....but it will end.

keisezr

Jan 26, 2020
here are my unofficial android ports of A Wife And Mother.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

you have to play Part 1 to the very end and let the game export your progress.
provide a meaningful name to keep different playthroughs apart.
you start Part 2 by importing one of your exported game states. save files made by anything other than Part 2 are marked incompatible cuz there is simply no content of Part 1 to get Part 1 save files working.
keep in mind, only exported game states of my android port of Part 1 are usable!

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
hello can you provide a mod file to hide text and option to make font smaller.I tried some mod but none of them are working with this apk.please provide a option to hide text and font slider

Reactions: Kobudo27

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
this might sound really silly, but does anyone think the game will end?
You know that by looking at the early reviews.

There were monthly updates for the first 1-2 years, but even then, 5 years were expected until the game was completed.

In addition, the developer announced that one day, by when, the game would be completed, but in my memory it was 2023, four years later.

The developer recently again said they would have the game complete in 2 years, but currently it has taken 2 years per PD1 and you will have to wait for update 4 to see the scenes this evening.

You have to wait a year to see the whole evening scene, not the whole day.

Even if the developer keeps his word, it's already 8 years.

But at this way, it won't end forever.

Last edited:

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
... And how come animations only progress when the other progress bars are moving...
I agree with the general theory that the Animator might just be L&P pulling double duty, but to play Devil's Advocate for a moment -

You do all know that the Development Progress graphs on patreon aren't actual loading bars right?
It's just a static PNG that L&P generates from a template on their computer, then logs into Patreon, deletes the old PNG and uploads the new one.
I doubt that L&P would have taken the time to share the graphic template with the animator, teach them how to modify it then share the logon details for the Patreon page - just so the animator can update the animations graph independently.

No.
If there is an actual animator (and again that's a medium sized IF) then they'd have some kind of system where the animator checks in to say "Yes, I've made progress" or "No, I've not made progress" everytime L&P goes to update the graph template.

ToshinRaizen

Nov 22, 2021
for the amount of time this update takes to finish i hope this new update gameplay last more than 10 even with slow reading...

Dec 20, 2021
Can't sleep. Made a couple more saves of the events in my playthrough, under the spoiler tag of EDIT3. Can be found here.
I lost my phone and my save files.
I want to start the game (part 2) without any save file by using questionnare. How many paths can I get in part 2?
Help me out please.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
You do all know that the Development Progress graphs on patreon aren't actual loading bars right?
It's just a static PNG that L&P generates from a template on their computer, then logs into Patreon, deletes the old PNG and uploads the new one.
I doubt that L&P would have taken the time to share the graphic template with the animator, teach them how to modify it then share the logon details for the Patreon page - just so the animator can update the animations graph independently.

No.
If there is an actual animator (and again that's a medium sized IF) then they'd have some kind of system where the animator checks in to say "Yes, I've made progress" or "No, I've not made progress" everytime L&P goes to update the graph template.
I mean sure, I'd hope that most people realize it's a PNG L&P has to update manually. :D

Considering the part of my previous post you quoted here, I'm assuming you're implying that there's a possibility of L&P simply not updating the animation bars when he himself doesn't make much progress on CS+RS, for example. While this could explain some things in theory, it really doesn't solve most of the question marks behind all this.

One example being how animations only get an abysmal 5% increase over the span of a week (at the end of said week) when L&P was working on his "in-between specials", which doesn't make sense if they work independent from eachother. Another one would be the fact that his animation bar is moving so inconsistently, which doesn't make much sense either as render times for an animation don't suddenly go from (example) 10% a day, down to 5% in a week.

We are more than 2 months into the current development cycle, and according to L&P, he had prepared everything for his "animations helper" weeks prior to the first progress made, and so there shouldn't be anything left but rendering animations, which even that alone doesn't take much more than a day at most with L&P's rigs. With that in mind, the inconsistent progress on that front makes absolutely zero sense UNLESS L&P is the one doing the animations, working on them whenever he feels like it's time to catch up with the rest. An animator wouldn't still work on the posing 2 months in when we're talking about a couple second long ~25fps animation(s), especially not when everything was already prepared and set up way ahead of time.

Another thing about his progress bars though, and I'm taking it slightly further here, is that they are pretty much meaningless anyway. They are a guesstimate at best, and a complete hoax at worst. When L&P gives a rough estimate for the amount of renders in his next update (this time it was "maybe 300-400"), it's just that. An estimate. Based on that, the progress bars simply cannot be accurate as he himself doesn't know how many renders the update is gonna have in the end, and so it would be more like; "Uhh..I think I'm about halfway there, so let's put the CS+RS bar at 50%". The animations though are the complete opposite. He apparently prepared everything for his "helper" and knows exactly how many animations he will end up with. Partly because, you know, he'd have to pay for them if there's someone creating them.

And so, as always, nothing really makes sense with this guy.

Cheers!

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I'm wondering how many years it will take to finish this game. I mean I really like this game but the frequency and amount of updates makes me sad. :sleep:
Currently 2+ years for a single PD, and 17.4 PD's to go. ~35 years give or take. With every PD taking more development time than the previous one, it's only a matter of time until we hit a century.

3.20 star(s) 462 Votes