Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
I will not believe that here on the site there are not the same or even better Developers, Amateurs, Talents, Beginners and Just Good People who can make such a novel, and maybe even better! There would be an incentive and a desire!..... Ps // Who will work for the result and listen and respect the opinion of People! :lepew::coffee:
Most end up following the same pattern: slowing down and eventually ditching the thing. Same story over and over again. Actually, the more promising the title, the more likely it'll happen.

Reactions: RUSSIAN MAFIA

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I will not believe that here on the site there are not the same or even better Developers, Amateurs, Talents, Beginners and Just Good People who can make such a novel, and maybe even better! There would be an incentive and a desire!..... Ps // Who will work for the result and listen and respect the opinion of People! :lepew::coffee:
Developing a game is very time and resource intensive. Yes, there are some great artists on this site, but that doesn't translate into being prepared to make a game. Anyone who spends real time mapping out and exploring creating their own game can tell you that it is a daunting prospect. Most rightfully conclude that it's beyond their ability. Say what we will about L&P, he's still shown more initiative than 99% of people on this forum. And I don't mean that as an insult to anyone, making a game is hard. Even if you think he's a bastard who's milking the game to death, what he's accomplished is impressive.

interblade

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
Dude, just hit up with those fan made games of AWAM. One thing common with all those fan made is the quality of renders especially of Sophia. None of those look like the one from the game but more like a rundown version of her. So if u can create that then just join hands with Pixil or interbladecard and go for it. I will fkin become your high tier patron.
Most time actually goes into setting up scenes, creating dialogue and coding. Renders usually run during the night. A 4090 is great if the scene has allot of gen 8 characters. (not sure if anybody is building a game with gen9)

I would hit you up though if I have a animated scene, those are time destroyers on high quality settings. Not fit for my dual Titan Xp card setup.
Not sure how to send a animated scene though. Do I need to send all the used assets? Will all the animated sliders remember their position (daz usually f's this up).

I think a cool thing to do would be to all work on the same game but everybody makes a different episode of the game, just like they do in comics series. One game, One patreon and a even split between creators. Such a game would have a much higher update cycle and would propably get a bigger patreon following.

Peter Sony

Jun 26, 2021
I believe that L&P has a very good agreement with certain contributors so that their games are developed very slowly. How to explain all the inconsistencies in the development of the game. One day he says he wants to rebuild the story: Improve the images from the beginning instead of improve game sequences. How is it possible that Dylan physically changes so much in so few days. How is it possible that Sophie undresses more quickly with children than with old people. On the other hand, the long waits of the small extensions of the game become fun. Expectations that lead me to develop tolerance for those who lack the ability to meet the expectations they create. During this time, I allow myself to make better use of all F95zone resources. For me, he decided to update the version for the end of August 2023.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
alright, so I like to inject some questions into this thread and change the usual convos you see in here for a bit.

Let's say hypothetically speaking, you somehow end up with the complete IP rights to AWAM, you have everything, all the 3d assets, Ren'py files and written scripts you need to continue AWAM yourself.

What are the first few things you do?
Some interesting answers and some not-so-surprising answers as well, sadly, it didn't really distract from the usual complaining about the speed of updates.

anyway here is what I would do

1) remove the full point system and therefore rebuild the novel in Ren'py from scratch.
2) choices would be do you want to see filthy, lesbian or good wife route scenes, once you make a choice yes or no, then you're locked in for that gameplay.
3) choices regarding if you want a specific character involved with Sophia or not. Sam yes or no, Zach yes or no. If you vote yes, then you ALWAYS see scenes with that character and don't if you vote no.
4) remove the MR Bennett and Mob side of the novel completely.
5) remove the scene with the janitor and showering in school, that was silly.
6) replace the last scene with the maid and the maid once again masturbating on Sophia's bed. Sophia watches but she joins in outside. therefore the scene with the postman doesn't happen.
7) remove the scene with Dylan spying on them in the shower, would move that to sometime in future when Patricia finally tells Sophia about it, as she caught him but didn't say anything.
8) replace all the scenes with Ellie and Dylan with smaller scenes. Sophia interacts with them and sees there getting along better and getting closer. example, Sophia hears them both in Ellie's bedroom and investigates, and finds Dylan is fixing Ellie's computer.
9) remove the scenes with Dylan and Christine, and Dylan and Emma
10) would keep Emma in class, the transfer out of Sophia's class seemed pointless.
11) in the cello lesson when Sophia meant to say that the end but gives in and poses nude, I would end with both of them actually having sex, but Julia catches them before they finish. Also, Dylan spies on them across the street and we find out eventually that there was a bet between Sam and Dylan on who could get the furthest with Sophia.

Is important to note that, it is always easier with the benefit of hindsight to look back and work things out, than first think of what to do.

kimber700

Oct 28, 2022
The progress is stuck at 85% and 80% now. We have no idea what LP is doing whether restructuring the story, doing some personal things... Anyone knows what is happening?

Jan 20, 2022
I was saying this to let him know that many people have families and go to the hospital, even though they work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, and only take 10 days off a year.

I know that even if give LP enough time per render, LP will work for far less time than what I wrote.

For reference, I'm guessing that even if he works less than 40 hours a week, he will still have time.
According to our media reports, the average working time of Germans is about 5 hours per day, which is the shortest average working time in the world.:KEK:

DarthSpitz717

Mar 28, 2023
Some interesting answers and some not-so-surprising answers as well, sadly, it didn't really distract from the usual complaining about the speed of updates.

anyway here is what I would do

1) remove the full point system and therefore rebuild the novel in Ren'py from scratch.
2) choices would be do you want to see filthy, lesbian or good wife route scenes, once you make a choice yes or no, then you're locked in for that gameplay.
3) choices regarding if you want a specific character involved with Sophia or not. Sam yes or no, Zach yes or no. If you vote yes, then you ALWAYS see scenes with that character and don't if you vote no.
4) remove the MR Bennett and Mob side of the novel completely.
5) remove the scene with the janitor and showering in school, that was silly.
6) replace the last scene with the maid and the maid once again masturbating on Sophia's bed. Sophia watches but she joins in outside. therefore the scene with the postman doesn't happen.
7) remove the scene with Dylan spying on them in the shower, would move that to sometime in future when Patricia finally tells Sophia about it, as she caught him but didn't say anything.
8) replace all the scenes with Ellie and Dylan with smaller scenes. Sophia interacts with them and sees there getting along better and getting closer. example, Sophia hears them both in Ellie's bedroom and investigates, and finds Dylan is fixing Ellie's computer.
9) remove the scenes with Dylan and Christine, and Dylan and Emma
10) would keep Emma in class, the transfer out of Sophia's class seemed pointless.
11) in the cello lesson when Sophia meant to say that the end but gives in and poses nude, I would end with both of them actually having sex, but Julia catches them before they finish. Also, Dylan spies on them across the street and we find out eventually that there was a bet between Sam and Dylan on who could get the furthest with Sophia.

Is important to note that, it is always easier with the benefit of hindsight to look back and work things out, than first think of what to do.
_______________________________________________++++++________________________________________

Not bad...

But you forgot the MOST IMPORT change and that it comes from the very beginning... {{{Motives}}}

Basically, you have to rewire Sophia brain as to why any events have an effect on her actions. You can still keep the same personality, but her internal reasons would be the motivation behind her behavior. Yes, you can give her some psychological problems, but people really don't want to play a game with a psychopath. (I hope)

So let's say in the beginning, she is a neglected wife more or less. Husband stuck in the "glamour" world of his job...likes to flirt around and is self-absorbed. Which Liam is a little bit in the current story. Second, Sophia's back story ought to reflect she was a very popular girl growing up... prom queen... star on the lady's basketball time... desired by ever boy. Enters college with a full basketball scholarship... while in college, had some adventures (mild ones) with only a few wild adventures but nothing too serious. Third, her kids are growing up and Empty nest syndrome is catching up with her--would like to have one more baby as she currently does in the story. Lastly, a mild case of midlife crisis would be helpful. Already she is good about maintaining her looks so every lady's event she does from shopping to hair styling as well as fashion sense reflects that.

All that means is Sophia likes the attention she is getting from, EVERYONE, now in the current story. Part of the attention she will deliberately seek--think fishing for compliments. Making Sophia starved for affection also serves to further the story allowing, EVERYONE, currently in the story to get emotionally closure to her.

Then you can hint at a Sophia "Darkside." The great regrets of "what if." The times when opportunities presented themself but she never took them. Like a handsome history teacher making a pass at her while in high school--she wanted to but didn't. The time she didn't go too far in an exciting game of 'Truth or Dare.' And last, just some good old fetishes she has that fuels her fantasies.

The game is trying to give primarily two binary choices, Saint or Sinner--at least in a redeveloped version give some clues and reasoning why the choices are made.

Awamboy

Aug 19, 2022
According to our media reports, the average working time of Germans is about 5 hours per day, which is the shortest average working time in the world.:KEK:
Yet during World War 2 they were working over time! Which reminds me of the Seinfeld joke: " I imagine when Hitler was a kid some kid had him as a friend, he went to visit young Adolf, and left a note for his parents, I'll be at Hitlers"

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
I'm playing from the beginning (again). It really had much more thought to it in the initial instalments. You can clearly see the story is there and all threads seem to lead somewhere. Even (forgive me, Drew Carey) points make sense and matter.

Also, just had had a chance to recall how Dylan peeved on Ellie literally in the prologue :sneaky:

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes