Juidas

May 14, 2019

Hey, guys.
I want to address the current slowdown in the game's development progress. These past few weeks have been challenging for me, as unexpected private matters came up that initially seemed minor but ended up causing delays. But the main reason for the seemingly standstill of the progress display is a miscalculation of the size and effort of the scenes.
I thought for the last part of the event after the club visit, I don't need that long. I gave it just approx. 25%. But this final part turned out to be bigger/longer and more difficult than I first thought. This has story technical and development technical reasons. For example, rendering takes much longer than usual due to certain technical circumstances of the scenario. Editing will also be no child's play afterwards. So instead of a 75/25% distribution, it turned out to be more of a 55/45% one.
I apologize for any inconvenience caused by these miscalculations and delays. Rest assured that I'm doing everything I can to finish this update as soon as possible. I'm already at the very end of the scene creation.
I hope for your understanding and thank you for the support

From L&P patreon
Theirs a very distinctive smell coming from this explanation

rAmSiMaL

Sep 1, 2022
Is it your money ? Did you even support this dev once in your life ?

As for the reason of delays i don't think he is telling the truth but who knows
Just fyi… I’ve been supporting him at mid tier level for quite some time (more than a year). I am still supporting him (only during the release month. I feel disappointed by his communication and the progress of the project… He is weird…

Awamboy

Aug 19, 2022
Translation so that what L&P is explaining is understood, in his mind 75% of the update would be in the club and the remaining 25% would be in the Hot Tube, but this changed and now it is 55% the club and 45% the Hot Tub.

Therefore due to his miscalculation the progress table instead of looking like this:
View attachment 2783084

It actually looks like this:
View attachment 2783097

The only good news is that the update will be bigger than expected.
cacu.png

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Theirs a very distinctive smell coming from this explanation
The problem is not this one update, but the entire project planning. It's been almost 6 years since the first version of AWAM was released, and the game is still somewhere between early and mid-game. If the game had progressed further, I don't think anyone would be disappointed or angry, because a longer scene with some more action might take a bit more time but ultimately also gives more fun to play. The problem is more that as AWAM currently stands, each further delay makes the completion of this game increasingly unlikely. L&P urgently needs to get better at making compromises. For example, does it really need beams of light bent from the water that can be seen on Sophia's legs (as shown in the last preview)? When such effects add weeks of delay to a game that's been in development for too long, in think, they're just not worth it.

Still, I'm looking forward to this update. I think it has really great potential. If L&P delivers something here and not everything just falls apart again, then that could mean new hope for the game. We'll see if L&P really delivers or if it's just more hot air in the end.

NotKalle

May 14, 2023
Why are there two parts? Do I need to download both or only part 2? I'm very sorry if this has been answered before. I have just recently created an account and am unfamiliar with how the download links work on this site. Thanks for any help!

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
The fact that 75% and 25% were changed to 55% and 45% may mean that the scale of the 75% rendering was not large.

Calculating based on the number of renders:
(If the calculation is correct)

If he initially planned for 200 renders, he would need about 75 extra renders.
If he initially planned for 300 renders, he would need about 105 extra renders.
If he initially planned for 400 renders, he would need about 150 extra renders.

For this developer, 75 rendering jobs alone would take about 11 to 19 days, right?

is that possible?

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperPerv96

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Why are there two parts? Do I need to download both or only part 2? I'm very sorry if this has been answered before. I have just recently created an account and am unfamiliar with how the download links work on this site. Thanks for any help!
You'll want to download both parts. Think of it as chapters.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NotKalle

kimber700

Oct 28, 2022
His words I understand:

1. He has had some minor personal issues over the past few weeks.
-But that trivial thing became a problem for some reason.
2. He thought that the scene after the club scene would be finished soon.
- But, more narration was needed to explain the situation than expected, and the time taken per rendering was longer than expected.

In the case of number 2, please filter and read it because it is "my imagination that has been infinitely expanded."

I wrote a while ago that there may be other characters.

I think this may have expanded or complicated the situation.

Otherwise, if there were other reasons, he would have said, as he did before, "This scene is so hot, so artistic and so important, so my work is being delayed because I'm putting so much effort into it."

So my guess is still valid, but... well... even if they play cunnilingus and blowjob and have sex with whales... (y)
In case of #2, I have a question!
If only narration is needed to explain more and L&P adds the narration on the same scene (using same images) that expands the pages, is it also we call more rendering?

Reactions: Kumartest

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
In case of #2, I have a question!
If only narration is needed to explain more and L&P adds the narration on the same scene (using same images) that expands the pages, is it also we call more rendering?
Like your words, he may or may not just add narration to the same image.

This is the developer's option.

I've already written it down, but if the developer had only intended to include a swimming scene and then changed the plan to include a sex scene, he would have used the words "hot, artistic and erotic".

But that wasn't the case, so I focused on the narration or dialogue.

He expressed that he did not expect it, and I think this situation can happen when writing dialogues between characters.

I want you to know that I am not saying there is or is not a sex scene.

I'm talking about the kind of scenes that are added.

Last edited:

Deniroeste

Apr 10, 2023
yep - smells like coffee house bullshit.

We are all waiting (?) for Sophia's traits of alcoholism to finish manifesting... a final scene in the kitchen of the house, with a drunk Sophia confessing to her son that she has a sad and disappointing life because of her cock Liam's short... I think it's EVERYTHING we're waiting for...
And the only "solidarity" feature of the manipulative psychopath will be to undress his drunk mother again, to "comfort" her... and he takes advantage and fucks her on the table, without further delay, even against L&P's own will LMAO

( I hope you know that I write humorously and with some sarcasm :lepew::geek::unsure:;))

kimber700

Oct 28, 2022
Like your words, he may or may not just add narration to the same image.

This is the developer's option.

I've already written it down, but if the developer had only intended to include a swimming scene and then changed the plan to include a sex scene, he would have used the words "hot, artistic and erotic".

But that wasn't the case, so I focused on the narration or dialogue.

He expressed that he did not expect it, and I think this situation can happen when writing dialogues between characters.

I want you to know that I am not saying there is or is not a sex scene.

I'm talking about the kind of scenes that are added.
Yes, I don't expect a sex scene.
I meant if this update is designed 200 renders and LP adds 50 dialogues/narrative scenes with the used images (not new images), is it 250 renders? If so, actually nothing to work on the additional 50 scenes since the images are already done but only text.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
Yes, I don't expect a sex scene.
I meant if this update is designed 200 renders and LP adds 50 dialogues/narrative scenes with the used images (not new images), is it 250 renders? If so, actually nothing to work on the additional 50 scenes since the images are already done but only text.
First, if he rescales the renderings to 55% and 45%, it would take 75 extra renders based on 200 renders.

If he doesn't reduce the number of renders, which was initially 75%...
And, of course, no developer wants to delete a rendering they've already created.

Secondly, when I counted the number of renders, it's hard to trust his words.

Calculating only the number of renders, he ended up needing at least 10 and up to 40 additional work days.

Thirdly I don't know what scene he is making.

What I guess is a conversation between three people.

If Liam were there, Sophia and Dylan would have to explain why they were out, where they were, and what they were doing past midnight.

But if it's just the two of them, Sophia and Dylan, there's no need for these conversation scenes.

Again, my guess is based on the assumption that there is someone else.

Finally, I can't calculate the labor intensity he puts in per render.
So I have no choice but to calculate based on the number of renders.

The situation would be different if the percentage he was talking about was labor intensity and not the number of renderings.

And I don't know whether Sofia is changing her swimsuit, swimming, or finished swimming.

So I don't know if all of the added renderings are dialogues or action scenes.

In fact, I'm not even sure if he'll add renderings or how many.

To sum up, can I trust him? I have a hard time believing it.
But if I'm to believe him, I guess it.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes