hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
What I meant with insight is more about a look behind closed curtains while L&P is still working on stuff instead of handing it to you when everything is done. BUT, if there's no other way then I guess that part of my post was just wrong.
(y)

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Haters always gonna hate. It's so much easier to shit on someone's work, especially when the final product you get is completely free, as 99% of us pirate it from here anyway.
There's so much stuff online for horny people out there yet folks tend to pour out their frustration on a bunch of devs, who have their personal lives and not obliged to stress their asses off 24/7.

Your advise to some smart ass was on point. If mister/missis X thinks that a certain task could be done within a XYZ time, why won't they show us how it's done, on their own example. Right, just pointless pretentious suggestions from absolute no-names. Again, if a person supports L&P and doesn't like his working attitude, him personally for whatever reason, simply drop the financial aid, it's that easy. Bitching around on a pirate forum has absolutely no affect on any dev, unless they're active here. Channel your energy elsewhere, crybabies.
Sure, i also think for people who haven't actually tried it themselves, it's difficult to say how much effort really goes into the development of such a game. Ultimately, however, this goes both ways. For example, it makes no sense to pretend that L&P's percentage graphs really show that he is actively working on the project. Maybe L&P only worked on the AWAM update for a mpnth and then took the rest of the time off. We do not know this because there is zero way to verify this.

Therfore, It makes perfect sense for the fans of this game to think about L&P working speed as good das they can, because in crowdfunding it is the community that takes on the role of sponsor, and there is no other control function involved. The fact that this happens in a pirate forum I think is mainly due to the fact that as a nonsubscriber (or no longer subscriber) on Patron you have virtually no opportunity for this exchange of opinions. Even more, anyone who believes that this discussion should be linked to a patron subscription has not even begun to understand how criticism works. If only those who have a positive opinion (pactically the basic condition for a willingness to give also money) could express it, there would be no possibility to inform oneself objectively. It needs both the positive and the negative feedback.

My biggest criticism of L&P is not the development speed, but the lack of project planning. AWAM, despite all the years the game has been in the works, has only just reached midgame and would probably take decades to complete. Anyone who is not completely naive must see that something is going wrong. I think it's a shame because I don't want to see the money I once spent half an eternity ago wasted.

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
What I meant with insight is more about a look behind closed curtains while L&P is still working on stuff instead of handing it to you when everything is done. BUT, if there's no other way then I guess that part of my post was just wrong.
On this part, I don't see what he could tell/show me that could help me for the last phase.

But it also makes me question why you're not hired for the entire programming part as it sounds like you would handle it way better (and probably faster) than he does, which in return would result in less bugs, a smoother testing phase and faster progression in general as he could spend time on other things (DAZ Library for next update to name one example). I mean, maybe you don't have the time or he just doesn't want to hand it out like that, I can't tell and that's none of my business anyway, but I'm just sitting here shaking my head when looking at the output this year and the realization that if this is the new norm, a finished product is now 50+ years away, and that is without his plans for Steam. What's next? In 2024 the estimates go up to 70+ years?
First don't get me wrong. What L&P does works. It's just that he may have some bad habits and I'm trying to keep things consistent.

With other devs, it sometimes works differently. I'm given a nearly Renpy script. For example this:
Code:
# insert music blabla
# bird background
scene xxx with dissolve
s "blabla"
dy "blabla"
scene yyy # show a scrolling from bottom to top
if sophia has sex with Liam previously
    s "blabla"
else:
    s "blabla"
It's a totally untested written on the fly with similar Renpy code. Some comments are added to tell the coder what to do. So for example in the 2 first line above, the writer/artist doesn't lose time to search for what music files are really named. He just gives a hint. In the final "if", he says what test he wants but don't bother to search for the right variable.

So the coder have to replace these comments with real code, fix the numerous codes errors, test the whole and get the script back to the writer/artist for final testing.

But usually there are more than one scene. The writer gives you one scene, you code it while he writes another scene... or something close. In AWAM there is one big scene. I don't know if there is that much to gain this way. In my mind, there is more to gain on the translation part.. but I think I saw you say that this part didn't exist because it was nonsense to work in this way :p

I said it a couple days ago, but why not atleast hire an editor (photoshopping) and/or writer? You or whoever else fit for the job to do the programming part. He always acts as if he's trying to find help, when especially these roles can be filled quite easily as it doesn't require for him to work with another artist on his renders, which is what he always makes out to be the impossible thing for various reasons, just to bring it up months or a year later again, and again....without anything happening, except for him getting slower. He could probably push out twice as much content if he had these roles filled.
Personally I think he really tried/tries to hire people. Hard enough? I don't know. He has a ""plan"". What does that mean? Nobody knows.
In some other games, I see one guy handling the management part. I really think L&P could benefit this type of job on AWAM.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Did Bibifoc become like Onyxdime with icstor?
A hint for me perhaps? :unsure:
And nobody's going to tell me what that means, of course. :cautious:
On the Milfy City F95 board, Onyxdime told them that Isctor was working hard on Milfy City's final version after two years, and he is working with him on the story arcs and that it would be released soon, back in April 2023. Oxyndime told people there would be no delays, and everything was good for an April release. Then, at the end of April, there was no release for Milfy City. Now May, June, and July pass, and still no release. Onyndime tried to play it off by not responding to comments he made and started making excuses or acting like he never said anything.

PietruccioTheHilander is implying the possibility of similar traits that he sees with you and L&P in some of your comments. That's what he means.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
On the Milfy City F95 board, Onyxdime told them that Isctor was working hard on Milfy City's final version after two years, and he is working with him on the story arcs and that it would be released soon, back in April 2023. Oxyndime told people there would be no delays, and everything was good for an April release. Then, at the end of April, there was no release for Milfy City. Now May, June, and July pass, and still no release. Onyndime tried to play it off by not responding to comments he made and started making excuses or acting like he never said anything.

PietruccioTheHilander is implying the possibility of similar traits that he sees with you and L&P in some of your comments. That's what he means.
How the hell does ICSTOR still have over 5,000 patrons when he hasn’t updated game in 2 years?

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes