3Bliksems

Sep 20, 2016
How often does Lust & Passion release a new update?
The current estimate for 0.2 is the end of January, which would make the release cycle from 0.1-0.2 around 14 weeks or 3.5 months roughly.

While this sounds like a long time, if the update contains the amount of content promised the 0.2 update will contain more renders than a lot of completed games on here, so we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

Personally I'm quietly optimistic about this game.

Reactions: loverock2401

IndigoHawk

Aug 9, 2016
It's funny how much debate there is on a thread for a game with a 0.01 version. This game has potential, but there have been a lot of games with potential. Maybe wait until this game does a few major releases consistently and establishes itself before arguing whether it's art. Many games die out because they are too ambitious, developers get distracted or aren't disciplined enough, life happens, or whatever. This game feels ambitious, and could easily get crushed by having too many paths to make any progress on each update. The quality is good so far though.

belgapen

Aug 6, 2017
One of the patreon post for this awesome game has the title " " Anyone know if a date has been confirmed?

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
I really like this game, all the erotic scenes, but over three months for an update is really too much; the hype dries up and you just forget about it.
I just hope the dev gets more resources to speed up the process for what a monthly release, I think, would be beneficial.
Regular updates are important, as is quality, as life goes on.

dunloprobert

Oct 22, 2017
an honest question? how much is a new computer? reason i ask is because the game developer keeps saying he needs better computers to speed up his work flow, but according to his patron site he currently (at least at the moment) has 242 patreons paying $1,935 a month!
i admit that i do not know the devs financial situation and some will say that i'm being unfair and i also know that the patron amount will and does fluctuate, but he started in actober 2017 and if he has been at this level for at least the last two months then going by his patron site that's nearly an extra $4000 for the last two months, besides his actual job!
yet no obvious improvement in hardware, which according to him would speed up the process of making the game and thus increase the release schedule, thus almost certainly gaining him more support, but as too my initial question how much does a computer(s) that the dev needs to buy cost too buy i.e: $1000, $2000, $5000?
i do appreciate the effort the dev has put into the demo and obviously changing from rpg to renpy and maybe it's me, but i find it strange, that he has not invested his extra finances from the game into better hardware to keep the workflow upto speed, especially when he says that's what he needs to improve things his end.

Reactions: Hyped

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
how much is a new computer?
how much are you willing to appreciate a few months of your life?
ps: only a good video card costs 1200 usd in our country (with an average salary of 450 usd, which still needs work), maybe in Wonderland other prices...
sorry my eng

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
how much is a new computer?
Depends how high do you want to go.
A week ago I purchased a second Titan Xp ~1200€. Two of those + the MoBo, CPU, RAM, PSU, CASE, Storage... A decent render rig is about ~4000€. 5K if you want to have 3 GPUs.
If you go with Titan V, that's 3000€ per GPU.
And just one Quadro GP100 costs ~7000€.

Reactions: n0b0dy

dunloprobert

Oct 22, 2017
@

&

thanks guys for putting things into perspective, i guess it all depends on what specs he's got on his current computer and what he feel he needs to upgrade and is able to afford for new hardware and software to improve his current situation so that he can increase his workflow and obviously if he is like most people (me included.), i'm sure that he'd also like to think that at the end of it all he would come out of this with a tidy little profit.

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
of course he seeks to make a profit, but the quality and number of renders shows that while he justifies the costs
let's see what will happen next:cool:

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
Makes 7,000 usd per release (2,000 x 3.5 m) and can't afford a new computer? Must be building a spaceship. Judging from his renders, it's obvious he's got a good rig.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
In Germany that's not so much. It's the worst place for adult games developer to live

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes