Aidan

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
1 day? and long period wait :( i hope he released 15-20 january, i'm dissapointed

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
Look, we are trying to compare this game with others... and that's where we are wrong.
500 renders for update? That's almost five times the length of a normal update.
So, having said that, what we got here is a unique experience.

An experience that maybe is not for all the people.
The Dev seems more focused in telling his story in his own way that in making some smut game for a quick fap.
There is a lot of ambition... and well, that may be dangerous in its own way.
Because he wants to succeed, it's obvious that he desires to be followed, to gain money... and that's fine.
I still think that he should focus a lot more in college... but well.

Also, @Lust&Passion you maybe should try to be a little more humble... after all, pride and hubris precede the fall.
Don't repeat the same shit about how great your game is... work and show us, don't tell.
You were a newbie with one of the greatest demos this site has seen... so people gave you the benefit of the doubt.
But right now is TIME to show them that there is real talent here, that the demo was not a fluke or pure luck.

So keep working hard, focus less in your critics and make the release dates... that's all that matters.

U

User_215882

I think what people need to do is more reading. If you read his page this isnt a full time job like it is for some like DC. The dev is a student and thats going to cut into the time he has to work on this project. He also wants to push big quality updates (that depends on the player) so if the first update is as big as the demo the expect more than your typical 15 to 30 minute update. Relax.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Lol! Yeah, criticizing is very easy if never worked himself on such a high level of art creation (and amount of text)! Some people are really discussing things as if all devs got "NASA PC's" at home!
And what if I happen to know what I'm talking about? What if I have some experience with both DAZ Studio and Ren'Py?
Iray is a GPU based render engine, which leaves your CPU power for all the Ren'Py scripting, Word translating and whatever else your heart desires. Unless you include the CPU in the rendering process, but as someone who woks on such an extremely high level I'm sure you know that's a stupid thing to do, since its contribution to the image processing is negligible.
Anyways, good luck.

Reactions: Argox

Argox

Jan 6, 2018
It's great 500+ renders per update if all those renders are relevant and belong to an interesting and erotic scene. As other member says, if most of those renders are about a character brushing her hair, walking in the street, or even playing basketball, maybe less renders and more frequent updates could be better.

Reactions: Eye-switcher

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
"Problem" with this game is that it's too "detailed". I don't see it as problem, in fact I consider it as +. But, not all people thinks same. Some of them don't need (or even want) that kind of quality or details or devotion to art. Forgive my language, but they can jerk on much less quality or detail level(which is here far above of all other games). What they want are regular updates even if it means some drop down in terms of quality. They simply don't need 50 renders of MC brushing her hair and they won't appreciate it. Over time they will get tired of waiting (2-3 months between updates or so) and some of them will maybe cancel or redistribute their pledges towards "regulary" updated games. From their perspective, we can't say that impatience can not be understandable.
On the other side, from what I concluded, droping quality because of more frequent updates for dev is out ot question and not going to happen. He wants to do what he imagined. Period. That's also understandable.
But, I guess, as always in situations like this, some compromise must be found if it's wanted that everybody are happy. Maybe to cut updates from half of day to one third ( morning, mid day, evening/night) or something like that. Otherwise, without solution I'm afraid for future of this project, since with this tempo, dev will hardly get desired financial support - that's for sure.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Lol I am very much aware of how Daz Studio works, believe me, and this is just the basics of basics of basics!...
So apparently my initial advice is completely valid and having a mid range PC is not an issue in this case, eh?
Sometimes even inexperienced noobs like me can get something right, even by pure chance, I admit, pure chance.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
@Lust&Passion , Hey
I hope you won't take this in a offansive way as usual but i advise you that don't offend and attack whoever criticize your game. Most of us here are trying to give you usefull information and trying to make this game better. We all (most of us) like this game very much and you should read commends time to time but instead of discussing with people here , take good advises and ignore meaningless ones and move on. I can understand that sometime you might need to answer some of comments but being aggressive and discussing with your potential customers will not help you in long term. As always , good luck with your release , i am sure it will be an awesome one.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Actually I find this kind of attitude kind of healthy. I really prefer to play a game with extreme quality each 3 months rather than play a mediocre VN each month. It would be much better for every player if devs weren't so Patron addicted. I think half a day update each month might be a fine solution if it brings same quality but update per 3 months isn't really that bad in my opinion.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
@Lust&Passion , yeah, no worries, I reacted a little harsh as well.
I see no downside to releasing smaller, half-day updates. Those who want to wait for the full update are free to do it, those who are inpatient get what they want. More frequent updates also create more activity around the project.

Reactions: testor

n0b0dy

Jun 1, 2017
@Lust&Passion , I hope you understand for the sake of your peace of mind when you are a creator of art, no matter what it is and how good it is there will be always people who will criticize it in all sorts of (often unreasonable) ways. This has always been the case for even the most brilliant artists, but with the arrival of the internet it has increased a lot. People just love to complain about stuff, and love to put others down (especially anonymously) and always want more. Also a lot of people carry frustration with them from their daily lives and need project and out that frustration on something else (like you or your game) to feel better. So when you are an artist you shouldn't care too much to what others are saying (especially when it is clear they don't understand the nature of your work and what you are trying to accomplish). I mean it can be good to be open to feedback of course but in the end you should always go your own way and follow your own vision and know you will never be able to change the perception of others about your art if they are dug in or stop them from complaining. So it is best to just ignore those who are unreasonable critical in my opinion, since they will never change their perspective and ways no matter hard you try to convince them. You will never make everybody happy with your game that is just impossible but please know there are many of us who do really like your work and completely understand why your updates take longer than those of other developers. You have a good vision for your game and it is going to be one of the best adult games ever made by an western developer when it is finished.

Peace.

Argox

Jan 6, 2018
Actually I find this kind of attitude kind of healthy. I really prefer to play a game with extreme quality each 3 months rather than play a mediocre VN each month. It would be much better for every player if devs weren't so Patron addicted. I think half a day update each month might be a fine solution if it brings same quality but update per 3 months isn't really that bad in my opinion.
500+ renders can be quality... or just quantity. It depends of the renders and the scenes. Unnecesary renders are not quality. Rather the opposite.

I´m not saying that this game has unnecesary renders (I played the first version months ago and actually I barely remember it), just saying that a lot of renders is not synonymous with quality.

a55555

May 31, 2017
Great job dev keep it up. I support your vision of a highly detailed game. Hope you get more supporters so you can continue this kind of quality at a faster pace. Take your time. This could turn out to be the best H game easily if you keep it up. Also, you are not cocky. I appreciate the confidence. That's what i want to see from a content creator.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
500+ renders can be quality... or just quantity. It depends of the renders and the scenes. Unnecesary renders are not quality. Rather the opposite.

I´m not saying that this game has unnecesary renders (I played the first version months ago and actually I barely remember it), just saying that a lot of renders is not synonymous with quality.
Yup, it's not synonymous but it usually adds to overall quality. Same scene made out of 3-4 renders (pretty standard amount) will be objectively worse than scene made out of 50 or more renders most of the times (always?). It adds to immersion, especially if text is well written as well. Ofc, it's a matter of resources and what's possible for developer and what's not, but in my opinion it's always additional immersion. At this point A Wife And Mother is doing a great job when it comes to it

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Yup, it's not synonymous but it usually adds to overall quality. Same scene made out of 3-4 renders (pretty standard amount) will be objectively worse than scene made out of 50 or more renders most of the times (always?)...
I disagree, it's always about balance. I'm sure you've heard critiques saying that some movie is too long. Sometimes a long exposure adds nothing to the plot and is just a waste of time. A one-man team should also prioritize his time and efforts.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I disagree, it's always about balance. I'm sure you've heard critiques saying that some movie is too long. Sometimes a long exposure adds nothing to the plot and is just a waste of time. A one-man team should also prioritize his time and efforts.
Ofc, that's why I said it's a matter of resources. But the same scene with same text (so it has the same length) is simply better when you see some movement. Non erotic scenes add incredible amount of immersion into game as well. If you think about finished game this one would be endlessly better than most VNs here thanks to its incredible quality. Sadly we have only Patreon release model. But my previous post wasn't even about renders' amount but rather his vision as a developer that seems solid and unchangeable which I find praiseworthy.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes