tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
Let's look at his comment again.

L&P's quote: "To have an average of 200 renders per update."

During this PD, he was on that track if we break it down.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-190-lust-passion.5944/post-4284722

View attachment 3064883

• Event 1 & 2 was combined because he decided to add animation during the production of that event due to comments about his game being compared to being a DIK, which you can search this forum for details about. This also caused the delay for this release because his "animator" couldn't meet his dates; you can search the forum for details.
  • Event 2.1 is part of v0.160 because he was working on this version until the v0.155 animation was complete, which v0.155 (animation) was finished while working on v0.160, so he had to split and combine v0.160 with v0.155 to finish it and release it since v0.160 wasn't completed.
  • Event 5 (Sophia/Sam) was supposed to be a small event because of his concept that if something "hot" happens with Sophia on the previous day with one character, there is supposed to be a "cooldown" period on the follow-up. Well, he reversed course on that concept for this event after the Sophia/Sam event on PD 12 and turned (Sophia/Sam) into a major event.
  • Events 7 and 8 (Sophia/Dylan Part I and II) Part II was supposed to be half the size with animation, but he decided to remove the animation plan and increase the render count.
So, if you look, he is doing that right now. Which is to keep minor events low on the render count, and major events will have a high render count. The problem is planning and organization. There are events that he states are minor events, and then, during production, they become major events, which he ends up adding more renders and possibly animations.

But of course there will be still bit updates which will have way more, like for example the farm journey on Sunday.

It's the same concept he implemented when he announced event releases on 11.23.21. Minor events will have around 200+ renders and will only take a few months to produce. Major events will have whatever he thinks is necessary, plus animations, if needed, with a more extended production period. So this statement isn't new.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Am I looking at the numbers wrong?

In the table you provided, there was an average of 400 renderings, except for version 0.170.

Additionally, the content before the developer's response was that the amount of rendering was too much for one developer to handle, and the developer's response to that was, "i wanna reduce the renders per update for the next playable day."

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Additionally: (Resources I tried to find before but couldn't)

“12 playable days are done and 18 remain. The current update is the end of Part 1 of the game.”
The developer said that when Part 1 was finished, PD12 was finished and PD18 was left.
PD12 is the 19th day in the game and includes the deleted week.

I previously said that the game was initially planned to last 30 days and that the developers later added 7 days.
This developer changed the schedule from 30 days to 31 days, and then again to 37 days.

“Which means they will be smaller of course but come out quicker.”
This is what the developer said before when fans asked for a shorter period between updates.
I've previously said that this developer said a month, but i failed to find evidence.
However, for a while after starting Part 2, this developer updated on average within 1 or 2 months.

But the last update took the developer four months.

- Thank you for providing the information.
- This post was not written because you, so I hope there are no misunderstandings.

I cancel the "30-day date" because I misunderstood it or I cannot prove it.

However, I would like to reveal that I saw a post where the date of this game was changed from the 30th to the 31st, and then changed again to the 37th.
But I'm not sure I didn't confuse "PD" and "in game day".

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Radoslaw Wolf

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Am I looking at the numbers wrong?

In the table you provided, there was an average of 400 renderings, except for version 0.170.

Additionally, the content before the developer's response was that the amount of rendering was too much for one developer to handle, and the developer's response to that was, "i wanna reduce the renders per update for the next playable day."
It's about 346 renders on average between using events 1 through 8. If you combine v0.150, 0.160, and 0.161 and divide them by 2, that's about 334 renders between v0.150, 0.160 (0.161). But if you look at that list, you can see that he created 200 and 300 renders in 40+ days, but he had one 300 that exceeded 70+ days due to "personal" issues, which we found out on the back end of production.

The comment that he wants to reduce the amount of renders is a contradiction in terms with him. Because of this comment...

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-190-lust-passion.5944/post-3931853

1699278701460.png

He's saying he doesn't know how many renders he needs to make a scene because it's a byproduct of produce quality. So he may create a scene with quality that has ten renders or a scene with quality with 1000 renders, which is still in play today.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Additionally: (Resources I tried to find before but couldn't)

“12 playable days are done and 18 remain. The current update is the end of Part 1 of the game.”
The developer said that when Part 1 was finished, PD12 was finished and PD18 was left.
PD12 is the 19th day in the game and includes the deleted week.

I previously said that the game was initially planned to last 30 days and that the developers later added 7 days.
This developer changed the schedule from 30 days to 31 days, and then again to 37 days.

“Which means they will be smaller of course but come out quicker.”
This is what the developer said before when fans asked for a shorter period between updates.
I've previously said that this developer said a month, but i failed to find evidence.
However, for a while after starting Part 2, this developer updated on average within 1 or 2 months.

But the last update took the developer four months.

- Thank you for providing the information.
- This post was not written because you, so I hope there are no misunderstandings.

It's still 30 PDs; the 37 days are game days because of the one-week time skip at the beginning of the game. It jumps from gameday 4 (PD 4) to gameday 11 (PD 4.5).

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
It's about 346 renders on average between using events 1 through 8. If you combine v0.150, 0.160, and 0.161 and divide them by 2, that's about 334 renders between v0.150, 0.160 (0.161). But if you look at that list, you can see that he created 200 and 300 renders in 40+ days, but he had one 300 that exceeded 70+ days due to "personal" issues, which we found out on the back end of production.

The comment that he wants to reduce the amount of renders is a contradiction in terms with him. Because of this comment...

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-190-lust-passion.5944/post-3931853

View attachment 3065034

He's saying he doesn't know how many renders he needs to make a scene because it's a byproduct of produce quality. So he may create a scene with quality that has ten renders or a scene with quality with 1000 renders, which is still in play today.
What I'm talking about is not the production period.
What this developer said is also not the production period.
What this developer was talking about is the number of renderings per update.

It doesn't matter whether this developer can plan the number of renderings per update or not.
It also doesn't matter whether this developer can do the number of renderings per update as planned or not.

What matters is the number of renderings per update.

And this developer said he wanted to reduce the number of renderings per update.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021

It's still 30 PDs; the 37 days are game days because of the one-week time skip at the beginning of the game. It jumps from gameday 4 (PD 4) to gameday 11 (PD 4.5).
I cancel the "30-day date" because I misunderstood it or I cannot prove it.

However, I would like to reveal that I saw a post where the date of this game was changed from the 30th to the 31st, and then changed again to the 37th.
But I'm not sure I didn't confuse "PD" and "in game day".

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
What I'm talking about is not the production period.
What this developer said is also not the production period.
What this developer was talking about is the number of renderings per update.

It doesn't matter whether this developer can plan the number of renderings per update or not.
It also doesn't matter whether this developer can do the number of renderings per update as planned or not.

And this developer said he wanted to reduce the number of renderings per update.

You're not getting it. He can't reduce the number of renders because the render count comes from the quality. He is very OCD about this concept. He doesn't have a render limit, so he said he wants to lower the render count instead of saying he will lower it because if he feels it will mess with the quality, he won't do it. Everything is based on quality, not quantity. Quality is the driving force behind the amount of renders.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021

You're not getting it. He can't reduce the number of renders because the render count comes from the quality. He is very OCD about this concept. He doesn't have a render limit, so he said he wants to lower the render count instead of saying he will lower it because if he feels it will mess with the quality, he won't do it. Everything is based on quality, not quantity. Quality is the driving force behind the amount of renders.
It seems that what you and I should be talking about is not exactly "rendering" but "printed output".

I think I know what rendering is.

But it seems like "rendering" is used here as "amount of image output", so that's what I'm using as well.

There is no way for us to know how many times or even thousands of times this developer repeatedly performs rendering to improve image quality.

I'm not talking about how many times this developer hammers.
Also, there is no such information in the list you imported.

And according to you, you also can't prove whether rendering has increased or decreased.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
It seems that what you and I should be talking about is not exactly "rendering" but "printed output".

I think I know what rendering is.

But it seems like "rendering" is used here as "amount of image output", so that's what I'm using as well.

There is no way for us to know how many times or even thousands of times this developer repeatedly performs rendering to improve image quality.

I'm not talking about how many times this developer hammers.
Also, there is no such information in the list you imported.

And according to you, you also can't prove whether rendering has increased or decreased.

You will never know how often he returns and re-edits a render multiple times unless he tells you, and yes, most people here use renders and printed output as interchangeable words.

Also, he has to make unique renders for DOL, so he is doing double the work.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021

You will never know how often he returns and re-edits a render multiple times unless he tells you, and yes, most people here use renders and printed output as interchangeable words.

What you wrote:

"L&P's quote: "To have an average of 200 renders per update.""

"Minor events will have around 200+ renders and will only take a few months to produce."

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-190-lust-passion.5944/post-12140028

But now you're talking about "real rendering", not "output".
I don't know what you're trying to say.

Last edited:

karleston

May 20, 2022

I am afraid you are wasting your time

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes