bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
It would depend on the payment method and services needed and the kind of fees they charge, then he would have to pay taxes on it and set it up as some business. Not sure if you have to do with a Patreon account.

Having a credit card/PayPal processor has all kinds of rules associated with it as well.
would just a link to his paypal eough for it? The rest he has to do it himself but he already has a login system he uses. But yeah i have no idea about it. But at least that would make him more indendent IMO.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
would just a link to his paypal eough for it? The rest he has to do it himself but he already has a login system he uses. But yeah i have no idea about it. But at least that would make him more indendent IMO.
I mean he could, but belive you would not be allowed to use a personal use PayPal account for that sort of thing.

As this is what is listed for uses:

Personal Account

• Shop and pay online
  • Send or receive personal payments for shared expenses (for example: splitting a dinner bill or paying rental charges)
  • Send money as a gift
We also recommend a Personal account for casual sellers who want to get paid online but also make online purchases.

Business Account

• Operate under a company/group name
  • Accept debit card, credit card, and bank account payments for a low fee
  • Allow up to 200 employees limited access to your account
  • Access PayPal products such as

Reactions: bardock8114

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
That doesn't mean they banned the game for oral. If they banned games for that, every game on here would be banned. Those rules are about IRL content, not fictional.

The fictional content they disallow is rape, underage, beast and non-consent. Things that are illegal or close enough to it.

I think non-consent is what got him. Sophia is often being coerced, drunk or shows resistance. Including in the last update with Tyler in the sauna. Almost every scene in the game is like that, so they probably decided it wasn't fixable and banned him instead.
You guys are overthinking this issue. The game itself had all the reasons to banned from Patreon. Shota, multiple oral sex, explicit penetration and etc... Patreon isn't really automated as a social network. People handling cases are actual real people. I think someone was probably a player/subscriber that got pissed on the game delay and decided to ask internally for the game to be taken down.

Or paypal is really breathing down Patreon's neck for these games.

Reactions: DurumMurud

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I think non-consent is what got him. Sophia is often being coerced, drunk or shows resistance. Including in the last update with Tyler in the sauna. Almost every scene in the game is like that, so they probably decided it wasn't fixable and banned him instead.
Is any of that in the DoL version is the question. I've not played it in years. If not, then it's not unlikely they got behind his whole DoL / AWAM kind of thing.

You guys are overthinking this issue. The game itself had all the reasons to banned from Patreon. Shota, multiple oral sex, explicit penetration and etc... Patreon isn't really automated as a social network.
Oral sex and penetration are not against Patreon's ToS unless it's real life material. Shota wasn't in the DoL version he's distributed via Patreon. AWAM was shared behind closed curtains via link to an external website, not directly on Patreon. That's what most likely got him banned if I had to take a guess.

Reactions: Dr.SigmundFap

DurumMurud

Aug 19, 2023
Most of this sites have a team of people who handles most cases. They are usually trained with specific directions (a word document with 10 bullets in a shared dropbox), so what for some moderators is perfectly valid, others might ban you. This is how YouTube, or Wikipedia works, and prob patreon too.

In this kind of sites, you might find a moderator neutral or leaning towards you, and nothing will happen. But, you might also find someone against your product, and you are prob doomed. Its a coin flip.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
First he started making progress twice as fast which didn't make any sense, now his page is removed. Could there be some connection?
He disappointed his Patrons for some reason and had to temporarily hide the link on the F95zone in the aftermath.

It was reported that the reason was that some of his Patrons did not receive immediate downloads from him, and I thought so too, but now I think that may not have been the case.

He gave up regular vacations and attempted to shorten his update period.

I think this could have been the hint.
Complaints about poor content or complaints about the update period.

If his Patreon account is permanently shut down, it will likely be because he failed to address these complaints from his Patrons.
(Of course, the direct reason would be Patreon's rules, but if he got reported again by his Patrons)

I don't like spitting on people who are already down, but he should have listened to people's complaints.

I've said a lot, but I'll hold back now so as not to start a fire.

However, when I mistakenly thought that the game was over after Part 1, I was disappointed but satisfied at the same time. (It was fresh back then.)
But now I don't feel anything. (Because the game is broken now.)

In the end, everyone, including his fanatics, was left empty-handed.
(I asked many times, “What do you have in your hands now?”)

Last edited:

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
We shouldn't understimate subscribestar. For example, Mandologica, a guy that started doing renders in fan art threads, has already more than 860 patrons in subscribestar. Just doing comics, not even visual novels.

Reactions: Jungles70

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
We shouldn't understimate subscribestar. For example, Mandologica, a guy that started doing renders in fan art threads, has already more than 860 patrons in subscribestar. Just doing comics, not even visual novels.
Here is one that does AV.

1530 subs.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Radoslaw Wolf

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
L&P should have done, a long time ago, something like 'If you want to support me through paypal, support me in patreon. If you can support me through other means, support me in subscribestar'.

Wbwbd85

Dec 27, 2020
He disappointed his Patrons for some reason and had to temporarily hide the link on the F95zone in the aftermath.

It was reported that the reason was that some of his Patrons did not receive immediate downloads from him, and I thought so too, but now I think that may not have been the case.

He gave up regular vacations and attempted to shorten his update period.

I think this could have been the hint.
Complaints about poor content or complaints about the update period.

If his Patreon account is permanently shut down, it will likely be because he failed to address these complaints from his Patrons.
(Of course, the direct reason would be Patreon's rules, but if he got reported again by his Patrons)

I don't like spitting on people who are already down, but he should have listened to people's complaints.

I've said a lot, but I'll hold back now so as not to start a fire.

However, when I mistakenly thought that the game was over after Part 1, I was disappointed but satisfied at the same time. (It was fresh back then.)
But now I don't feel anything. (Because the game is broken now.)

In the end, everyone, including his fanatics, was left empty-handed.
(I asked many times, “What do you have in your hands now?”)
The big problem is Lp setup. If a new person joins patreon they will download DOL and we all know that's not really anything. Then to get access to awam-game.com is another issue that comes with delays to get the password. Lp basically created his own rat nest by worrying and the f95 rats.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Personally, I consider the Yoga event the beginning of the end, when Dylan got his own POV. At least for me, that was when he started to focus on what a select group of fans wanted, and not on the story as advertised.

But I think the nails are going in the coffin.

Yes L&P has an account on here. His "Last Seen" is even more often in this thread.
I enjoyed this event but I agree with you, it should've been from Sophia's perspective.

I know that. This isn't the first time he's had problems with Patreon. I'm trying to remember the previous time, and what content was being released.
I have no idea what it was but I presume Dylan and Ellie have been aged up from the start may have had something to do with it. There has to be a reason why L&P aged them up, they certainly were younger looking at one point, Dylan's new haircut did wonders and even Ellie noticed him more.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
L&P should have done, a long time ago, something like 'If you want to support me through paypal, support me in patreon. If you can support me through other means, support me in subscribestar'.
He really didn't plan ahead incase of a complete fallout, which was only a matter of time. No Twitter or any social media platform linked to his Patreon page to communicate incase shit hits the fan. Sure he has Discord, but there's apparently not many people either. An E-mail address is the only thing for most of his subscribers to reach him now I guess. Dude is stuck in the late 90's.

He could put up a massive disclaimer on his website including Twitter and Instagram accounts, Subscribestar and Discord links as that website is probably where most of his Patreon supporters would check now unless they heard of F95. That's atleast what I would do if I was a clueless supporter.

I'm really not expecting much from L&P, but he should have been aware of the fact that he needs a plan B as Patreon has always been a walk on thin ice. Most of his supporters could have followed him for years on twitter/insta, making it easy to communicate with the fanbase he has. But instead there's an E-mail address and a Discord server not many people have access to. lol

3.20 star(s) 463 Votes