goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Alpha Release - This is the release when the Feature which you are developing is incomplete or partially complete. Suppose in a Ticket booking system you have developed the seat selection but the payment implementation is remaining. In this case you can release it to testers to test the initial phase of feature. Lot of Open source products do their Alpha release.

Beta Release - This release is done when the product feature is complete and all the development is done but there are possibilities that it could contain some bugs and performance issues.This release mostly done to users who test the product and who can report the bugs. Even UAT phase could be considered as Beta release.

So...take this with a grain of salt. Some people release incomplete software and call it beta, intending to add more features in the future. The definition of alpha, beta, release are not set in stone. Just know that beta means "probably not done yet" and alpha means "really probably not done yet".

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
BTW the link he posted is for 0.55 and an update to when 0.6 will be released (tomorrow)
What? Are you sure about that? The latest post seems to be an actual release. It's even locked behind the $30 paywall. Seems like a really shitty thing to do if thats the case.

Reactions: Doshima

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
What? Are you sure about that? The latest post seems to be an actual release. It's even locked behind the $30 paywall. Seems like a really shitty thing to do if thats the case.
Some of the staff members received this same info from Patreons. v0.6 was not posted today, it was a delay notice.

Reactions: TheFapperBoy

OvidiusLian

Jan 28, 2018
So...take this with a grain of salt. Some people release incomplete software and call it beta, intending to add more features in the future. The definition of alpha, beta, release are not set in stone. Just know that beta means "probably not done yet" and alpha means "really probably not done yet".
It's not set on stone, but software can be incomplete and stable, releasing the stable features, beta and alpha is the state of the next sable release.

Doshima

Modder
May 19, 2017
Make them believe that I published 0.06 for the $30 Patreons only so that those who pay less have to pay $30 so they can access to the game before the rest of the people. Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

momojean

Sep 15, 2017
if it's true that the post on patreon is only to inform people about the release date and he made it looks like a release for 30$ patrons only, then this dev is really unscrupulous. this means that he sent a bait to people who are impatient to pledge in order to get the game early. very tricky and very dirty too.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
if it's true that the post on patreon is only to inform people about the release date and he made it looks like a release for 30$ patrons only, then this dev is really unscrupulous. this means that he sent a bait to people who are impatient to pledge in order to get the game early. very tricky and very dirty too.
Or he clicked the wrong button when writing the post.

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
So I just caught up on 30-40 pages of this thread. (been on vacation, then couldn't get home due to hurricane. Also this forum has problem sending notifications to me when I "watch a thread". Anyway...)

I've seen all the "when updates? and I agree it's annoying. I just have one multi-part question.... for any one who thinks they have an answer.

Why? Why ask for when the update drops? What are you doing with this information? How does it help you?

I can think of one answer. Maybe you want to take some time off work to play the game when it drops. However I don't think that is very feasible with how often and suddenly a release can be pushed back. It would be quite a risk.

I mean seriously, it's pretty easy to just click the latest updates tab and wow there they are the latest updates. Or if you follow a thread, sometimes you can find someone has generously posted a link before it gets updated on the front page. Patience is a virtue people. :)

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Lust & Passion posted
Release date Vers. 0.06
I deleted the release post! I was sure I'd manage to finish it this night but I couldn't. And there is one single reason: the animation! I needed some hours just to finally manage to convert the video file into a decent quality format which renpy accepts!

What still remains to be done: Checking the whole update and extending the walkthough. Then I can upload it!

So the update will be released today (Monday, 1st of October) during the day!

Content: 330 new renders and 1 1/2 animations spread over 6 new events!

Hentai_Lover00

Apr 28, 2018
Lust & Passion posted
Release date Vers. 0.06
I deleted the release post! I was sure I'd manage to finish it this night but I couldn't. And there is one single reason: the animation! I needed some hours just to finally manage to convert the video file into a decent quality format which renpy accepts!

What still remains to be done: Checking the whole update and extending the walkthough. Then I can upload it!

bless the wait. Now I can steal Sophia out of the game and go date with her

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Lust & Passion posted
Release date Vers. 0.06

How can there be 1 & 1/2 animations? How is an animation counted as half an animation? Isn't it like a crumb? If you cut a crumb in 1/2 you got 2 crumbs.

3.20 star(s) 478 Votes