GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

Since Part II stays top secret, you'll get a little bonus teaser of Part I. So, this will be the last teaser of this event. Which also means that the next and last teaser of this update could take some time.

I hope you peeps like a very long wait for the update
January it is!

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
The funny thing is not that you're wrong, but what you're wrong about! They have one too many bassists: the white and the black instruments only have five pegs and five strings.

I believe it to be .
View attachment 1408318
Still a guitar. My point was that the band could have been a lot more interesting if instead of three guitarists (so a lead and two bassists), L&P could easily have put in a keyboardist or something. Keys also cover the bass range but add dimensionality.

Or say a baritone sax. Or a trombone.

• Angry
Reactions: Matt1

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Still a guitar. My point was that the band could have been a lot more interesting if instead of three guitarists (so a lead and two bassists), L&P could easily have put in a keyboardist or something. Keys also cover the bass range but add dimensionality.

Or say a baritone sax. Or a trombone.
This may be splitting a hair like fitting Sophia's clothes into her bag. :)

Reactions: Matt1

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
This may be splitting a hair like fitting Sophia's clothes into her bag. :)
I guess ultimately for me it's boiling down to what does this event offer that previous ones don't. And while I was somewhat hopeful for something interesting, L&P so far is going headlong into cliches, not just events that are already covered in other games, but even in this one.

From what I've seen, this really just seems like the Nightclub event, without Sophia and Patricia kissing, since I really doubt Sam will try and push for it. If there were women dancing and skirts twirling, that would have been cool. But unless Ellie (and possibly co) rock up wearing skirts, that's already been dashed.

So far, with the exception of Sophia and Patricia, it just looks like it will be the bikers trying to impress the women with their .

Last edited:

roro

May 29, 2017
The funny thing is not that you're wrong, but what you're wrong about! They have one too many bassists: the white and the black instruments only have five pegs and five strings.

I believe it to be .
View attachment 1408318
Good find. I hope L&P did that intentionally, so he won't change the scenes and render them again after reading your comment. I had a feeling he was a guitarist of some kind after the Sam guitar and cello lesson and seeing Alyssa's tattoos (PRS guitars birds inlay). Now I'm not so sure anymore...

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019

I believe it to be .
View attachment 1408318
That was a very good catch which I did not see until you pointed it out. It is not common having more than one bassist in a rock band, and when it does occur there is usually more than one guitarist. The point of curiosity for me is who is the lead singer. I spouted some piffle earlier about the "Morten Harket" member on the drums. However, it seems more likely to me that one of the bassists might be the lead vocalist. If memory serves I believe that Sam told Sophia that he is a backup vocalist (please correct me if I am in error here.)
Lead vocalist playing bass is not unheard of. Getty Lee from the band 'Rush' is one example. As a lark who would you guess could be the lead singer? The tanned fellow with the white bass, or the tatted fellow with the black bass?

roro

May 29, 2017
That was a very good catch which I did not see until you pointed it out. It is not common having more than one bassist in a rock band, and when it does occur there is usually more than one guitarist. The point of curiosity for me is who is the lead singer. I spouted some piffle earlier about the "Morten Harket" member on the drums. However, it seems more likely to me that one of the bassists might be the lead vocalist. If memory serves I believe that Sam told Sophia that he is a backup vocalist (please correct me if I am in error here.)
Lead vocalist playing bass is not unheard of. Getty Lee from the band 'Rush' is one example. As a lark who would you guess could be the lead singer? The tanned fellow with the white bass, or the tatted fellow with the black bass?
That's a good question (who's the singer), but with the two bassists and Sam being a rhythm guitarist, who's the lead guitarist?

Reactions: Jack Adams

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
is my favourite example of a lead vocalist bass player. Although from what I hear, her instrument is called a balalaika.

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
That's a good question (who's the singer), but with the two bassists and Sam being a rhythm guitarist, who's the lead guitarist?
Well...at times I have seen bands with a single guitarist who does everything that is demanded of the guitar, and in those cases the band (in my experience) has a bass lead. Examples of that is Primus (and again, Rush).
Exploring my own question, it occurred to me that there could be two lead singers as with 'Three Dog Night'.

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
is my favourite example of a lead vocalist bass player. Although from what I hear, her instrument is called a balalaika.
Thank you for sharing your video, I had not heard of them before. It felt like a Dixieland/Blues fusion, and I loved the percussionist doubling on a string instrument. It was a hoot.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

roro

May 29, 2017
Well...at times I have seen bands with a single guitarist who does everything that is demanded of the guitar, and in those cases the band (in my experience) has a bass lead. Examples of that is Primus (and again, Rush).
Exploring my own question, it occurred to me that there could be two lead singers as with 'Three Dog Night'.
Yeah, I know some rock bands that has only one guitar, one example that comes to mind is Extreme, and in this case Nunu bettencourt is considered a lead guitarist. But having two bassists and one guitar in a rock band is extremely uncommon. Again, I just hope it's intentional...

Reactions: Jack Adams

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Thank you for sharing your video, I had not heard of them before. It felt like a Dixieland/Blues fusion, and I loved the percussionist doubling on a string instrument. It was a hoot.
Apparently each of the members of the band can play most of the 15 different instruments they have in their group. One of my other favourite musicians (Gunhild Carling) can play at least and can sing in at least four different languages.

I wasn't expecting anything like this level of crazy for the concert, but it doesn't even look like any of Sam's school friends are there. And not nearly enough women.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I guess ultimately for me it's boiling down to what does this event offer that previous ones don't. And while I was somewhat hopeful for something interesting, L&P so far is going headlong into cliches, not just events that are already covered in other games, but even in this one.

From what I've seen, this really just seems like the Nightclub event, without Sophia and Patricia kissing, since I really doubt Sam will try and push for it. If there were women dancing and skirts twirling, that would have been cool. But unless Ellie (and possibly co) rock up wearing skirts, that's already been dashed.

So far, with the exception of Sophia and Patricia, it just looks like it will be the bikers trying to impress the women with their .
Based upon what we've seen in the trailers so far, and assuming there are some twists yet to be revealed, what would you like to see from this scene?

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
Apparently each of the members of the band can play most of the 15 different instruments they have in their group. One of my other favourite musicians (Gunhild Carling) can play at least and can sing in at least four different languages.

I wasn't expecting anything like this level of crazy for the concert, but it doesn't even look like any of Sam's school friends are there. And not nearly enough women.
I am quite tired and need to go to bed if I am going to shovel by hand and haul away two yards a dirt from the Adams' Estate tomorrow morning. However, I was so impressed by Gunhild Carling's performance I had to give you a 'thumbs up' response before I turn out the lights.
Thank you, Jack.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
I'm going to start hating on a random character just so we get some new energy in this thread. Maybe I'll hate on Jules because she's clearly manipulating Sophia because no one is that innocent. Maybe I'll hate on the mailman. I'll find someone and write a very impassioned takedown. Maybe Zach because fuck him and his gorgeous hair.
Maybe you should put on one of those rompers you're so upset about? That’s your subjective opinion, an observation you made. And if I or anyone else here subjectively analyzes Sam's character and finds that he is a piece of shit, as he is for many others, I would man to maybeee ? woman recommend you not to post such crap here.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017

Since Part II stays top secret, you'll get a little bonus teaser of Part I. So, this will be the last teaser of this event. Which also means that the next and last teaser of this update could take some time.

I hope you peeps like a very long wait for the update
lmao
might as well just say "I'll be on vacations in October"

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
And again with the Sam bashing.... Yawn....
Sabertooth__ said:

Can Sam's route really be called romantic. I mean I get why people refer to it as a romantic path, Sam acting like a hopeless romantic etc but behind this facade the reality isn't pure at all. The guy too wants Sophia's body. We do know what he thinks about Sophia from his exchange with Dylan in the initial game days.

I don't want to use any negative terms but I wouldn't really call something with such adulterated or impure intentions a romantic path. It's just another approach to deceive Sophia and get in her pants.
Though yeah .....Everyone's free to have their own opinion.
OK, Sabertooth__ we know you don't like Sam. But quit saying you appreciate other points of view when in reality you don't. I see Sam differently. Not perfect but, a teenager, immature, and swayed by emotions as well as hormones. Sophia has admitted in another world she could see dating Sam. She puts the romance option in right there. So you see it differently fine. We agree to disagree and quit with the 'I ain't bashing your point of view' bashing. Just Sayin'!

Here is a curious point. What is Sam's role. Dylan, Ellie Patricia incest. Ellie, Patricia, Alyssa, etc... Lesbianism. Aiden, Bennet Blackmail/forced. Liam, Andy, Cathy swingers? Sam romance. There are probably a dozen variations and other paths I cannot think of at the moment. Consider this, none of us can be, in the reality of our mind, Dylan or Ellie. They are Sophia's kids. Patricia is Sophia's sister. How do you get that blood relationship? Those are difficult positions to translate into. Therefore, it is, for me, difficult to relate to those paths. However, all of us can substitute for Sam or Alyssa. We can all easily place ourselves in that role since the only link is proximity. It is not Alyssa it is GingerSweetGirl. It is not Sam it is t3alqdansam. Maybe I am way to simplistic here. But, it works for me.
Okay.... Now is saying anything against Sam bashing his character. Is speaking against him forbidden even though that's not the case for other characters. My entire message was never focused on what Sam is but on what Sam's route is.

Both of you misunderstood the very essence of what I wrote. Everyone considers the Sam route a romantic route, I have a different perspective and so I put it forward without saying anything to debase the character.

I stated that he is not in love with Sophia, he just wants her body just like any other character in the game, this statement is not based on my own assumption but on the lines said by Sam himself.

Screenshot_2021-09-17-08-48-11-941_org.a.wife.and.mother.the66~2.jpg Screenshot_2021-09-17-08-48-29-012_org.a.wife.and.mother.the66~2.jpg Screenshot_2021-09-17-08-48-37-324_org.a.wife.and.mother.the66~2.jpg Screenshot_2021-09-17-08-49-05-666_org.a.wife.and.mother.the66~2.jpg Screenshot_2021-09-17-08-49-34-991_org.a.wife.and.mother.the66~2.jpg Screenshot_2021-09-17-08-49-42-793_org.a.wife.and.mother.the66~2.jpg Screenshot_2021-09-17-08-50-11-487_org.a.wife.and.mother.the66~2.jpg Screenshot_2021-09-17-08-51-13-773_org.a.wife.and.mother.the66~2.jpg

Now tell me is this love or lust. He might be fooling Sophia but us as audience we know the truth right. I said everyone is entitled to their opinion because once again I didn't want to come off as the person who is bashing the character. I avoided going in depth to about that matter because that would cause me to use negative statements. Still I get accused with this.

To this I can only say that if you feel what I said is wrong explain it to me. Tell me why Sam's feelings are genuine, that it is actually a romantic route and not him deceiving Sophia. He tried to show Dylan up at the pool as well.

His true personality is not shown to Sophia. Infront of her he acts as this sweet kind boy whereas his true colours come Infront of Dylan. So tell me he is a genuine romantic character.

I said I get why people call it a romantic, I acknowledge it but doesn't mean there can't be another perspective on it. In my next post once again I only talk about my main question that is "WHAT IS SAM'S ROUTE EXACTLY" "WHAT DOES L&P SEE THIS ROUTE AS". Both my posts in it's essence had nothing to do with debasing Sam's character.

If someone still feels that I am only hating on the character and didn't speak objectively then you should tell me what in my statements was wrong.

I never go out of my way to try and change someone's mind about Sam. I didn't join the whole calling Sam "the other guy" trend. Last time I said something against Sam was when someone called him sympathetic which ofcourse he's not, visible to everyone playing. Over the months whenever anyone said anything about the Sam event being unrealistic I stood for the Sam's event.

As for Sophia saying she could date Sam, you also need to read the situation, in that situation the better answer is to tell Sam that she would and not say that no I won't. Sophia is not aware of Sam intent as he acts all sweet with her, I spoke from the perspective of an outsider who sees both sides and asked can it be called a romantic route when he too is fueled with lust and has a very deceptive approach . It may easier for you to picture yourself as Sam, no issues there at all, infact I had no issue to begin with.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Based upon what we've seen in the trailers so far, and assuming there are some twists yet to be revealed, what would you like to see from this scene?
Based on the teasers so far, for what I would like to see, that ship has already sailed. Pretty much did when I first found out he was playing guitar and not cello. I'm only really hanging around to see if there is a teaser for the Cathy/Andy event. And habit. We do occasionally talk about things I'm interested in, like boobs.

As for twists and whatnot, I'm not expecting anything, other than Ellie possibly turning up at an inopportune moment to spoil Sam getting intimate. Considering how far people expect Sam to go with kissing, fondling etc, the only reason I can think of for Part II to be "Top Secret" is that the event isn't going to go that far, but L&P still wants to keep up hype.

3.20 star(s) 478 Votes