Злой гений

Jan 4, 2022
Sofia is the main character. And everyone starts corrupting her. She already likes to show her naked body, from which she gets excited. The next stage is from Aiden. Most likely, he will invite her back to the art school, where Sofia will completely undress in front of the students. And when Sofia is corrupted, there will be a tack from Aiden to appear in the school without panties.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Just because there's a way to do something, doesn't mean that this way it's automatically any good. So far, for example, no one here has been able to give an usefull alternative to L&P take on the pool event with Sophia/Dylan/Amber/Sam, where Dylan's perspective works perfect. The point is to tell a story and not to enforce a PoV only from Sophia.

It's becoming more and more clear to me that, at least for some in this discussion, the quality of the story itself doesn't seem to matter at all, but only the avoidance of Dylan as a character in the game. I think that's silly, because the story is about Sophia in her role as wife and mother. Therefore, it makes sense to learn more about the husband and the children. Especially if the events now or later have an impact on Sophia directly. The Dylan/Amber events or the Dylan/Ellie events are just an example of why it is usefull to give the player more knowlege than Sophia.
Except that the examples you give: Dylan/Amber, Dylan/Ellie, don't impact Sophia directly at all. Can you name a single instance of say Sophia gaining a Filthy point in these events? A Dylan or Ellie point? Any relevance at all to the Sophia/Dylan or Sophia/Ellie routes? That's why they can and should be at the very least delayed until the main Sophia storyline can be completed in a reasonable timeframe. Not going to happen, but that's not the point.

It's also not in the slightest about avoiding Dylan as a character. If there were Ellie storylines that didn't involve Sophia, I'd be arguing just as strongly against them.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
None of us are complaining about the Sophia/Dylan/Amber/Sam pool scene, because it involved Sophia. I'm not saying we can't have little snippets of story from another characters perspective, in fact quite a few times I've encouraged it. I just want it to spread around further amongst all of the family members if that's the case. Right now it is assymetrically in favor of Dylan, he is the easiest to pick on at the moment because he's received so much favor for the last two years. Perhaps once we move past these couple of playable days that focus on Dylan, and Ellie becomes the focus again you'll hear the same complaints only Ellie will be the target. The problem again isn't Dylan specifically, it's that so much time is being dedicated to these side events that the story is at a stand still while we wait for them to playout.

I quite enjoyed the short little scene with Ellie / Christine / Dylan in front of the house after Sophia confronts them about finding a cigarette butt. No one is complaining about the short little scene from Liam's perspective at the bridal gown showing. The emphasis in both these cases though is that they're short. They're not an entire update away from Sophia's perspective, like this most recent one.

What did we get from this most recent update, that focused almost solely on Dylan that we couldn't get out of these three lines that either Sophia or Claire could make when Marie and Dylan came back to the salon? "How was your date you two?" "You didn't do anything inappropriate with my daughter did you?" "You two are so cute together." The factors at play, that could determine Dylan and Marie's reaction: how much encouragement Sophia has provided Dylan as far as branching out and trying things with girls, if Sophia has spoken at all about Dylan to Marie in the locker room / yoga scenes, if Sophia has shown any sort of interest in Claire or Marie in those same scenes, and how much encouragement Sophia has given Dylan to try for Marie in either salon scene. Dylan and Marie can react embarrased, nonchalant, proud, dismissive, whatever emotion that the reflect the kind of influence Sophia has had on their lives.

I don't want to rewrite L&P's story, I'm just giving an example of how hundreds of lines of dialogue, three full scenes and all of the rendering times for those scenes, can be condensed down to about 30-50 lines of dialogue which would allow for more time to move the story along.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Except that the examples you give: Dylan/Amber, Dylan/Ellie, don't impact Sophia directly at all. Can you name a single instance of say Sophia gaining a Filthy point in these events? A Dylan or Ellie point? Any relevance at all to the Sophia/Dylan or Sophia/Ellie routes? That's why they can and should be at the very least delayed until the main Sophia storyline can be completed in a reasonable timeframe. Not going to happen, but that's not the point.

It's also not in the slightest about avoiding Dylan as a character. If there were Ellie storylines that didn't involve Sophia, I'd be arguing just as strongly against them.
I can't see into the future, but I think it's clear to everyone here that e.g. sex between Dylan and Ellie, for example, will affect Sophia story in an at least non-negligible way. :ROFLMAO: The same applies, for example, to Sophia finding out about Dylan and Amber.

Once again, it makes no sense to limit everything to direct actions by Sophia. It is typical for story telling to change the perspective sometimes. Especially when the story is supposed to reveal a secret that is still unknown to the MC. As I said, the Dylan and Amber event is the perfect example. The event is simply much more exciting when the player knows what's going on, and is only possible because Sophia doesn't know yet. Nevertheless, you should be aware that this will most likely have an impact on Sophia some day. It already starts when she notices that Dylan and Amber get along surprisingly well. The symmetry of Dylan/Amber and Sam/Sophia alone makes this story worth continuing.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
None of us are complaining about the Sophia/Dylan/Amber/Sam pool scene, because it involved Sophia. I'm not saying we can't have little snippets of story from another characters perspective, in fact quite a few times I've encouraged it. I just want it to spread around further amongst all of the family members if that's the case. Right now it is assymetrically in favor of Dylan, he is the easiest to pick on at the moment because he's received so much favor for the last two years. Perhaps once we move past these couple of playable days that focus on Dylan, and Ellie becomes the focus again you'll hear the same complaints only Ellie will be the target. The problem again isn't Dylan specifically, it's that so much time is being dedicated to these side events that the story is at a stand still while we wait for them to playout.

I quite enjoyed the short little scene with Ellie / Christine / Dylan in front of the house after Sophia confronts them about finding a cigarette butt. No one is complaining about the short little scene from Liam's perspective at the bridal gown showing. The emphasis in both these cases though is that they're short. They're not an entire update away from Sophia's perspective, like this most recent one.

What did we get from this most recent update, that focused almost solely on Dylan that we couldn't get out of these three lines that either Sophia or Claire could make when Marie and Dylan came back to the salon? "How was your date you two?" "You didn't do anything inappropriate with my daughter did you?" "You two are so cute together." The factors at play, that could determine Dylan and Marie's reaction: how much encouragement Sophia has provided Dylan as far as branching out and trying things with girls, if Sophia has spoken at all about Dylan to Marie in the locker room / yoga scenes, if Sophia has shown any sort of interest in Claire or Marie in those same scenes, and how much encouragement Sophia has given Dylan to try for Marie in either salon scene. Dylan and Marie can react embarrased, nonchalant, proud, dismissive, whatever emotion that the reflect the kind of influence Sophia has had on their lives.

I don't want to rewrite L&P's story, I'm just giving an example of how hundreds of lines of dialogue, three full scenes and all of the rendering times for those scenes, can be condensed down to about 30-50 lines of dialogue which would allow for more time to move the story along.
Not entirely true. I've been complaining about all the Dylan content that isn't directly tied to the Sophia/Dylan storyline. So not directly the pool event, does include it.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Not entirely true. I've been complaining about all the Dylan content that isn't directly tied to the Sophia/Dylan storyline. So not directly the pool event, does include it.
We don't know yet! Unless they already had insights that were denied to us.
The Elli/Dylan relationship will have a big impact on Sophia in the future. Likewise, I can imagine that Dylan/Marie will have a role in the Dylan/Sophia relationship in the future. I just think that Sophia showed sexual interest in Marie during the yoga event. And that Marie is already cheating on her boyfriend with Dylan. So it is conceivable that she could cheat on Dylan with his mother at some point.
That L&P takes the trouble to characterize the characters through history may seem superfluous now, but may play a role in the future. Even if that future, for us, is still a decade away.
This may not please everyone, but it is a perfectly normal way to tell a story.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
We don't know yet! Unless they already had insights that were denied to us.
The Elli/Dylan relationship will have a big impact on Sophia in the future. Likewise, I can imagine that Dylan/Marie will have a role in the Dylan/Sophia relationship in the future. I just think that Sophia showed sexual interest in Marie during the yoga event. And that Marie is already cheating on her boyfriend with Dylan. So it is conceivable that she could cheat on Dylan with his mother at some point.
That L&P takes the trouble to characterize the characters through history may seem superfluous now, but may play a role in the future. Even if that future, for us, is still a decade away.
This may not please everyone, but it is a perfectly normal way to tell a story.
"We don't know yet!" about the pool event? My understanding is that in choosing the boarding school path, that stops the Sophia/Dylan relationship, cold. That's why I'm against it.

As to the bonus storyline, that's meant to be all done and dusted by PD16. Not sure how any "big impact" can eventuate when it wont affect the last half of the game. Only consequence I can think of that you might be alluding to is if Ellie forgives Logan. And in that case, the Logan branch of the Ellie route continues as if the bonus storyline never happened.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
"We don't know yet!" about the pool event? My understanding is that in choosing the boarding school path, that stops the Sophia/Dylan relationship, cold. That's why I'm against it.

As to the bonus storyline, that's meant to be all done and dusted by PD16. Not sure how any "big impact" can eventuate when it wont affect the last half of the game. Only consequence I can think of that you might be alluding to is if Ellie forgives Logan. And in that case, the Logan branch of the Ellie route continues as if the bonus storyline never happened.
Now we don't say "great influence" but "influence." One of many. But the Dylan/Elli relationship will inevitably play a role. On the Dylan route when Elli learns that Dylan is making out with Sophia and on the pure lesbian route when Dylan learns that Sophia and Elli are entering into a new covenant for life.
In both cases, Sophia will surely prefer to lose only Liam and not her son or daughter.
And for those who want to see a threesome Elli/Sophia/Dylan ....
I think we will disagree here because they want to go completely different ways in this game than I do. And I agree that it is the story of L&P and I like the way it is told. That also means for me that every now and then I'm a little disappointed by an update (like the last one).

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Both blackmails should have been developed more. Aiden's too. I refuse both, and have yet to face any adverse storyline. I'm still happily playing all the events I want.

But then I'm of the opinion there shouldn't have been a choice between Morello and Aiden. Do away with the Morello storyline altogether, so that the only way to continue the Dylan route is to continue the tasks. Either that, or be able to play the Dylan route and not do the tasks at all.
I understand your desire for more lesbian content. I'd like that too, but not at the expense of forcing Dylan fans to accept every one of Aiden's blackmail tasks if they want to pursue the Dylan/Sophia route.

I was one of the Dylan fans who pushed for a way out of the blackmail as soon as possible once L&P gated the Dylan path to the start of Aiden's blackmail.

We still had to accept the 4 Aiden tasks to be able to stay on the Sophia path.

Here's another option:

If we are going to rewrite history, let's get rid of all of the Aiden blackmail - you know the thing that threatens a teacher's reputation and livelihood...

We both know that this will not happen, and we know that L&P is not going to rewrite the first 12 days of AWAM to appeal to either of us.

FYI - I also would not force Ellie to stay in an abusive relationship to continue her path with Sophia. If this is what Ellie's bitch points turn into - Ellie's willingness to be a victim and accept that all she is worth is to be cheated on and mistreated by Logan, then I am opposed to this.

Going forward, I'm fine with missing out on the Aiden blackmail, but that does not mean others don't want that, and the increasing submission of a pretty teacher to the whims of a high school thug and his gang.

We all have to accept that some of the fetishes/desires of others will not fall into our 'Sophia path' choices.

I think you've done a good job avoiding the paths you don't like, but at the expense of having very little content to enjoy - and that sucks.

When we get to either additional Aiden tasks or Ellie being turned into a victim (should this be what happens with the 'bitch point system'), I will avoid that content at almost all cost and so what if that means I have no real AWAM update for 6 months to 1 year +

That is the price I am willing to pay to avoid that particular type of content.

Cheers!

Reactions: roro and Rythan25

Hazestack1972

TwitFollower
Feb 23, 2023
I am a big fan of Sophia's lesbian route as well, but I would like to see the Morello blackmail fleshed out a little. I would like to see more of Sophia's naughty thoughts about Larry Morello. Maybe he could find a way to get her a "conjugal" visit for a little striptease or more... Just my two cents from a recent fan.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I understand your desire for more lesbian content. I'd like that too, but not at the expense of forcing Dylan fans to accept every one of Aiden's blackmail tasks if they want to pursue the Dylan/Sophia route.

I was one of the Dylan fans who pushed for a way out of the blackmail as soon as possible once L&P gated the Dylan path to the start of Aiden's blackmail.

We still had to accept the 4 Aiden tasks to be able to stay on the Sophia path.

Here's another option:

If we are going to rewrite history, let's get rid of all of the Aiden blackmail - you know the thing that threatens a teacher's reputation and livelihood...

We both know that this will not happen, and we know that L&P is not going to rewrite the first 12 days of AWAM to appeal to either of us.

FYI - I also would not force Ellie to stay in an abusive relationship to continue her path with Sophia. If this is what Ellie's bitch points turn into - Ellie's willingness to be a victim and accept that all she is worth is to be cheated on and mistreated by Logan, then I am opposed to this.

Going forward, I'm fine with missing out on the Aiden blackmail, but that does not mean others don't want that, and the increasing submission of a pretty teacher to the whims of a high school thug and his gang.

We all have to accept that some of the fetishes/desires of others will not fall into our 'Sophia path' choices.

I think you've done a good job avoiding the paths you don't like, but at the expense of having very little content to enjoy - and that sucks.

When we get to either additional Aiden tasks or Ellie being turned into a victim (should this be what happens with the 'bitch point system'), I will avoid that content at almost all cost and so what if that means I have no real AWAM update for 6 months to 1 year +

That is the price I am willing to pay to avoid that particular type of content.

Cheers!
What does Aiden's tasks have to do with the lesbian route? My opinion on Aiden's tasks in this regard is more that I don't see the value in having any of the tasks that aren't required for the Dylan route. If Sophia can get out of them so easily, what's the point in having them in the first place? If the Twist was still in play, that might be a different story altogether.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
What does Aiden's tasks have to do with the lesbian route? My opinion on Aiden's tasks in this regard is more that I don't see the value in having any of the tasks that aren't required for the Dylan route. If Sophia can get out of them so easily, what's the point in having them in the first place? If the Twist was still in play, that might be a different story altogether.
My point was not about Aiden's tasks and the lesbian route, it was that L&P gated the Spohia/Dylan route to accepting Aiden's blackmail.

Dylan fans Had to accept Aiden's blackmail in order to continue on the Sophia/Dylan path - there was no choice.

This is why many of the Dylan fans, me included (this occurred when I was still a supporter via Patreon), asked L&P for a way to stop Sophia from being blackmailed while staying on the Sophia Dylan route.

We finally, years later, reached the end of Aiden's 4th blackmail task and were able to kick Aiden to the curb, with the help of Don Moreno.

As much as I dislike the blackmail route though, I accept that others Do like that route, and I have no more right to expect that the black mail route goes away then they have the right to expect that those who want to be on the Sophia/Dylan route Must accept every one of Aiden's blackmail tasks as the price to pay for Dylan Sophia time.

Do I want faster development - sure, but that is L&P's choice to fix or not, and I've seen no positive change in the speed of development, regardless of the repeated promises that it will get better whenever.

Reactions: hzjujk

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
1. Liam cheated on Sophia, and Sophia finds out about it, has sex with another man.
2. Sofia becomes a couple with Sam, Dylan becomes a couple with Amber, and the them share this fact.
3. Dylan and Ellie become a sexual relationship and Sophia finds out about this, or Dylan and Ellie conspire together to do something to Sophia.

These are all things that can happen in the near future and can make Sofia react and act in a variety of ways.

On the other hand

How can Dylan-Emma, Christine, and Marie Story affect Sofia?

Dylan dates them and becomes a couple, then breaks up, get hurt and Dylan becomes a couple when he is comforted by Sophia?

It's a story don't need, but it takes a lot of time to complete the story.
At least a month in game time is six years in real time.

Marie used Dylan because she wanted to be in a relationship with Sophia, and later she became in a relationship with Dylan and Sophia?

It also takes time, but it's not Sophia, it's not Dylan, it's Marie's story.

The reason for this debate is that the developer is too slow and that Dylan Solo Story will make Sophia's scene more feeble and slower, as it did in the hair salon scene.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
So thinking but if you remove all the stuff with Dylan and Amber, Dylan's perspective at the shower, Dylan's stuff with Marie, all Dylan's stuff with Ellie, and anything else that doesn't involve Sophia.

where would L&P be on the schedule?

Looking at it here, update 9 and 10 would be removed as it's Dylan-only events and no Sophia.

Think it's Safe to say the next update and update 8 would be out, as the time spent on the stuff I mentioned above being removed goes into updates 7 and 8.

So most likely be on day 14-morning updates with Sophia and Ellie, but since they're very small, maybe even could be at the noon event, which is the side job.

Just shows you how all the Dylan-only event stuff has slowed down things.
These are Dylan heavy days re: content.

What if we remove all the Dylan content from Sophia's trip to Zoe's ranch with Patricia?

That would change ... nothing ... since Dylan is not, according to L&P, part of that day; it is one of the days without Dylan content.

You could as easily say what if Sophia and Liam only had Ellie and Dylan died in childbirth.

One brief mourning narrative content on day 1 addresses the issue and now no Dylan.

There are lots of ways to rewrite a story L&P is telling to get content that is more related to the desires of a subset of L&P's fans or to supposedly speed development but what if someone wanted to have Ellie die in childbirth, so Dylan was the only child?

As nice as it is to say that slow speed of development is all due to Dylan's presence, that is like saying that gravity is the reason that an airliner crashed.

I suppose it is, in a sense, but I think poor maintenance or bad weather would be more likely culprits for the crash.

Presuming that removal of all these Dylan events would fix the slow development speed ignores the content L&P would add to replace it, because L&P would not leave massive holes in various PD's without any story at all to tell.

I doubt he would add 1 render and say that Sophia spent x hours at the library grading papers since this is only the kind of thing he does when the player is not on the path that has events during those time slots.

Reactions: roro and hzjujk

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
These are Dylan heavy days re: content.

What if we remove all the Dylan content from Sophia's trip to Zoe's ranch with Patricia?

That would change ... nothing ... since Dylan is not, according to L&P, part of that day; it is one of the days without Dylan content.

You could as easily say what if Sophia and Liam only had Ellie and Dylan died in childbirth.

One brief mourning narrative content on day 1 addresses the issue and now no Dylan.

There are lots of ways to rewrite a story L&P is telling to get content that is more related to the desires of a subset of L&P's fans or to supposedly speed development but what if someone wanted to have Ellie die in childbirth, so Dylan was the only child?

As nice as it is to say that slow speed of development is all due to Dylan's presence, that is like saying that gravity is the reason that an airliner crashed.

I suppose it is, in a sense, but I think poor maintenance or bad weather would be more likely culprits for the crash.

Presuming that removal of all these Dylan events would fix the slow development speed ignores the content L&P would add to replace it, because L&P would not leave massive holes in various PD's without any story at all to tell.

I doubt he would add 1 render and say that Sophia spent x hours at the library grading papers since this is only the kind of thing he does when the player is not on the path that has events during those time slots.
What you said is beside the point.

People aren't saying let's rebuild the game from scratch.

It also means that if the developer removes Dylan's solo story and fills the space with another story, not Sophia, the developer will not solve this problem.

People aren't saying let's get rid of the whole Dylan story.
People are saying let's get rid of some scenes that are not directly related to Sofia.

Reactions: Notretsam

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
What you said is beside the point.

People aren't saying let's rebuild the game from scratch.

It also means that if the developer removes Dylan's solo story and fills the space with another story, not Sophia, the developer will not solve this problem.

People aren't saying let's get rid of the whole Dylan story.
People are saying let's get rid of some scenes that are not directly related to Sofia.
Which, some seem to be forgetting about, also includes the side jobs the old guys and the kids

Reactions: ancienregimele
3.20 star(s) 478 Votes