palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
You do all know that the Development Progress graphs on patreon aren't actual loading bars right?
It's just a static PNG that L&P generates from a template on their computer, then logs into Patreon, deletes the old PNG and uploads the new one.
I doubt that L&P would have taken the time to share the graphic template with the animator, teach them how to modify it then share the logon details for the Patreon page - just so the animator can update the animations graph independently.

No.
If there is an actual animator (and again that's a medium sized IF) then they'd have some kind of system where the animator checks in to say "Yes, I've made progress" or "No, I've not made progress" everytime L&P goes to update the graph template.
I mean sure, I'd hope that most people realize it's a PNG L&P has to update manually. :D

Considering the part of my previous post you quoted here, I'm assuming you're implying that there's a possibility of L&P simply not updating the animation bars when he himself doesn't make much progress on CS+RS, for example. While this could explain some things in theory, it really doesn't solve most of the question marks behind all this.

One example being how animations only get an abysmal 5% increase over the span of a week (at the end of said week) when L&P was working on his "in-between specials", which doesn't make sense if they work independent from eachother. Another one would be the fact that his animation bar is moving so inconsistently, which doesn't make much sense either as render times for an animation don't suddenly go from (example) 10% a day, down to 5% in a week.

We are more than 2 months into the current development cycle, and according to L&P, he had prepared everything for his "animations helper" weeks prior to the first progress made, and so there shouldn't be anything left but rendering animations, which even that alone doesn't take much more than a day at most with L&P's rigs. With that in mind, the inconsistent progress on that front makes absolutely zero sense UNLESS L&P is the one doing the animations, working on them whenever he feels like it's time to catch up with the rest. An animator wouldn't still work on the posing 2 months in when we're talking about a couple second long ~25fps animation(s), especially not when everything was already prepared and set up way ahead of time.

Another thing about his progress bars though, and I'm taking it slightly further here, is that they are pretty much meaningless anyway. They are a guesstimate at best, and a complete hoax at worst. When L&P gives a rough estimate for the amount of renders in his next update (this time it was "maybe 300-400"), it's just that. An estimate. Based on that, the progress bars simply cannot be accurate as he himself doesn't know how many renders the update is gonna have in the end, and so it would be more like; "Uhh..I think I'm about halfway there, so let's put the CS+RS bar at 50%". The animations though are the complete opposite. He apparently prepared everything for his "helper" and knows exactly how many animations he will end up with. Partly because, you know, he'd have to pay for them if there's someone creating them.

And so, as always, nothing really makes sense with this guy.

Cheers!

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I'm wondering how many years it will take to finish this game. I mean I really like this game but the frequency and amount of updates makes me sad. :sleep:
Currently 2+ years for a single PD, and 17.4 PD's to go. ~35 years give or take. With every PD taking more development time than the previous one, it's only a matter of time until we hit a century.

killerexcon

Oct 8, 2017
I'm wondering how many years it will take to finish this game. I mean I really like this game but the frequency and amount of updates makes me sad. :sleep:
yeah seems like it takes longer every update which sucks because this is one of my favorite games on here but as long as it doesn't get dropped i wont complain too much

3.20 star(s) 478 Votes