trashcop

Apr 29, 2023
I'm putting an end to the discussions, brothers and sisters. Here's the woman L&P was inspired by when designing the sophia.

" "

SexyShelly

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2023
ofcourse, not the same exact scene and plot wtf, only sophia will be the same, you can tone down the height and and big boobs as well. Just so this game could end and we finally get to the ntr part.
Isn't Sophia on Blender marketplace? as I am sure I seen her on there, if you are able to get her, you are able use her how you feel you like, you don't permission, if your going to make the game for just for future content and not from the beginning then your okay

Just, if you wanted to remake it from the start of the game, then, would be better to ask the dev for permission

The backgrounds, I am not sure if the dev made them or if you are able to buy them, if you are able to buy them, again, you have no issue

There are two fan made games for A Wife & Mother, one with Dylan and one with Aiden, I am guessing here, but, It may look like all the content is purchasable, for them to make a fan made ones, you could always go down that route

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
You basically answered your question with this. He's not giving you much insight with the way he wants you to work on the project from what it looks like, or am I wrong? If you were to do your part much earlier, you'd have a much better view at how little is done over time, aka L&P getting slower and slower, which he obviously would never admit. Surely he doesn't contact you right after the photoshop part is done so you have enough time to finish your part during the Programming&Translation phase, right? That's what I mean when I talk about a terrible workflow. One would think that after 6 years these processes were somewhat optimized.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't that exactly the outcome here? Why do you have to wait till the very end for him to let you update Gallery&Co, and why does it seem like he's waiting till last minute to get you on board? This whole working process just seems flawed and causes more delay than anything. I'm not a programmer and so I don't know how much time you spend on your part, but that's not the point I'm trying to make here. It all comes down to L&P treating his project like fort-knox so nobody can ever see that what's going on behind closed curtains is an absolute shitshow. The only proof we have of that is the constant slowdown of development. I mean, just look at the current year. So far there's been 2 updates, 1 of which started development at the end of 2022 even.
What you say doesn't really apply here. I don't really need insight. I just have to add the new scene (or more if lucky :p) in the gallery.

In the most basic gallery possible, you have to find the beginning of the scene and all exit points possible and add a line of code in each of these endpoints. In AWAM I make it a little more complex by removing useless menu/choices only in the replay. So I also need to add or alter some code in the menus.

To do this, I need the final script. I need the menu/choices to be placed, I need the scenes exit points to be placed. I need the scenes finished. Maybe he could send me the script just after the P&T (I don't have it right now but I can't do anything until tonight) but that means we'd have to merge my work and his fixes. It's possible but for what gain? Not much I think.

In my mind, the way we work for the testing phase is ok. If we talk about other phases, it would be something else (the translation for example).

Now the gallery don't take that much time (around one hour maybe a bit more). There is the testing phase where I play the update and review the code (fixing L&P's bad habits :cautious:). It takes more time.

In this specific update, we'll have to fix some problems from the previous one. It could have been done earlier, that's for sure, but it wasn't.

And of course we need to sync. We are in the same timezone but L&P is quite a night owl.
Edit: Just to be clear, I certainly do NOT blame you for anything.
I never thought the contrary... At least I hoped :whistle:

But reading that the only phase where I do something is just a trap for patrons was a bit annoying (first thing I read in the morning). Especialy knowing it wasn't the usual troll.

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Haha, I was just joking. I never knew it actually happened before. Kind of not surprising at the same time.
It wasn't really bad. It was just the first time my name was mentionned while L&P was waiting for me on the testing phase. There were some pitchforks things... for joking... I guess :eek:

immassman

Feb 1, 2023
Isn't Sophia on Blender marketplace? as I am sure I seen her on there, if you are able to get her, you are able use her how you feel you like, you don't permission, if your going to make the game for just for future content and not from the beginning then your okay

Just, if you wanted to remake it from the start of the game, then, would be better to ask the dev for permission

The backgrounds, I am not sure if the dev made them or if you are able to buy them, if you are able to buy them, again, you have no issue

There are two fan made games for A Wife & Mother, one with Dylan and one with Aiden, I am guessing here, but, It may look like all the content is purchasable, for them to make a fan made ones, you could always go down that route
that fan made render/graphic is too bad that's why i said good quality at least on the level of free pass. She looks like angry witch on that fan made hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: SexyShelly

sept0342

Sep 22, 2017
What you say doesn't really apply here. I don't really need insight. I just have to add the new scene (or more if lucky :p) in the gallery.

In the most basic gallery possible, you have to find the beginning of the scene and all exit points possible and add a line of code in each of these endpoints. In AWAM I make it a little more complex by removing useless menu/choices only in the replay. So I also need to add or alter some code in the menus.

To do this, I need the final script. I need the menu/choices to be placed, I need the scenes exit points to be placed. I need the scenes finished. Maybe he could send me the script just after the P&T (I don't have it right now but I can't do anything until tonight) but that means we'd have to merge my work and his fixes. It's possible but for what gain? Not much I think.

In my mind, the way we work for the testing phase is ok. If we talk about other phases, it would be something else (the translation for example).

Now the gallery don't take that much time (around one hour maybe a bit more). There is the testing phase where I play the update and review the code (fixing L&P's bad habits :cautious:). It takes more time.

In this specific update, we'll have to fix some problems from the previous one. It could have been done earlier, that's for sure, but it wasn't.

And of course we need to sync. We are in the same timezone but L&P is quite a night owl.

But reading that the only phase where I do something is just a trap for patrons was a bit annoying (first thing I read in the morning). Especialy knowing it wasn't the usual troll.
So... do you dare make a guess for it to be complete? Maybe tomorrow?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bane71

rAmSiMaL

Sep 1, 2022
Just a day or 2 more and all we will see is hero & spoiler messages and pranks being spamed.. we are entering begging season. This is not a drill. Keep focused people.
That’s why you should stay away from this thread for a couple of days from the moment the new update is released ;)

Reactions: Radoslaw Wolf

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I'm putting an end to the discussions, brothers and sisters. Here's the woman L&P was inspired by when designing the sophia.

" "

As the model L&P used is a ready made asset (used to be on daz store no on the creators website itself: ) he wasn't inspired by any real life people. He saw a 3d model he liked and used it for his VN.
Who inspired the person/people that made the 3d model in the first place ? You could ask them but probably no one in particular.

Last edited:

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021

What I meant with insight is more about a look behind closed curtains while L&P is still working on stuff instead of handing it to you when everything is done. BUT, if there's no other way then I guess that part of my post was just wrong.

But it also makes me question why you're not hired for the entire programming part as it sounds like you would handle it way better (and probably faster) than he does, which in return would result in less bugs, a smoother testing phase and faster progression in general as he could spend time on other things (DAZ Library for next update to name one example). I mean, maybe you don't have the time or he just doesn't want to hand it out like that, I can't tell and that's none of my business anyway, but I'm just sitting here shaking my head when looking at the output this year and the realization that if this is the new norm, a finished product is now 50+ years away, and that is without his plans for Steam. What's next? In 2024 the estimates go up to 70+ years?

I said it a couple days ago, but why not atleast hire an editor (photoshopping) and/or writer? You or whoever else fit for the job to do the programming part. He always acts as if he's trying to find help, when especially these roles can be filled quite easily as it doesn't require for him to work with another artist on his renders, which is what he always makes out to be the impossible thing for various reasons, just to bring it up months or a year later again, and again....without anything happening, except for him getting slower. He could probably push out twice as much content if he had these roles filled.

Anyway, I'm going way off the initial topic here. My apologies if you felt like I was trying to undermine your efforts by calling the new progress bar a trap. Certainly not my intention.

And for those coming here trying to say that "Maybe L&P just wants to work this way. What do you know? Do it better! Hater! HUUUUU :'("....yeah, MAYBE L&P should stop making statements about hiring people, speeding up development, acting like he's the goddamn Picasso of VN's while shitting on other developers. MAYBE, just maybe, he'd receive less criticism if he stopped this crap. People don't have to buy a product to have an opinion, and last time I checked this was still a forum where people discuss games, their development and the developers. There's always some genius coming up with this garbage logic as can be seen a couple posts back. (That is not aimed at you Bibifoc )

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
What I meant with insight is more about a look behind closed curtains while L&P is still working on stuff instead of handing it to you when everything is done. BUT, if there's no other way then I guess that part of my post was just wrong.
(y)

3.20 star(s) 478 Votes