Unity Completed Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives [v1.0] [Kerni]

4.40 star(s) 55 Votes

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Does this game make anyone else dizzy? Any ideas how to resolve that?

Any idea how to make the text appear instantly instead of appearing letter by letter? It's distracting and slow...

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Does this game make anyone else dizzy? Any ideas how to resolve that?

Any idea how to make the text appear instantly instead of appearing letter by letter? It's distracting and slow...
There should be a instant text option in the gameplay menu
(esc->gameplay)

taler

Oct 5, 2017
There should be a instant text option in the gameplay menu
(esc->gameplay)
Is 10 the max text speed? It doesn't go up anymore and it's still not instant. I'm on a mac dunno if that makes a difference, thanks for your help.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Is 10 the max text speed? It doesn't go up anymore and it's still not instant. I'm on a mac dunno if that makes a difference, thanks for your help.
Shame on me , i thought i actually built a instant text option into AATOFL but it does nto seem that way.
Sorry , yes textspeeed 10 is the fastest avaliable.

Reactions: TheRapist369

lordlundar

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, I think Abandoned is a scary name for this site, but I think it's too late to change that.
Considering the "Abandoned" tag shows up as a rather unsubtle orange color before the title, it says more about the people who miss that than the game creator. Besides, the whole theme of the story is about being abandoned. Kind of disingenuous to push the creator to change the name that's core to the game just because some people can't read.

(And no Wolf1114, I get your joking. I'm talking about those who actually did not notice.)

EleVR

Jul 26, 2018
Man, where you found translated version? I tried to google it, but don't find anything.
1) Run "AATOFL_ModManager" (available in the game folder), press button "GetFromServer", find from the list "Spelling RU v0.2 by VAL1aNT", download and save as "storymod.js" in the root folder of the game.
2) Start game, Esc - "Options -Gameplay" - Enable STORY MODS .
3) Restart game.

Last edited:

JHorcoc6

Jun 10, 2019
How do you actually play this game? I mean, I can click through some text in the beginning but then no matter which choices I pick I eventually have to wander around the ship. I cannot find anything whatsoever that is clickable so I just basically wander in circles until I give up and quit. Then I try it again and choose different options in the hope that something will be different but it is not and the same thing happens again. I tried turning on "story mode" in case that would help but the game didn't seem any different and I still can't do anything.

I just can't figure out how to leave the initial ship and make it to the base to actually play the game. How is this done?

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I just can't figure out how to leave the initial ship and make it to the base to actually play the game. How is this done?
The game is a mix between walking sim and a visual novel, are you actually reading what you are supposed to go do?

Reactions: 7546338

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
How do you actually play this game? I mean, I can click through some text in the beginning but then no matter which choices I pick I eventually have to wander around the ship. I cannot find anything whatsoever that is clickable so I just basically wander in circles until I give up and quit. Then I try it again and choose different options in the hope that something will be different but it is not and the same thing happens again. I tried turning on "story mode" in case that would help but the game didn't seem any different and I still can't do anything.

First press F1 it tells you what you're supposed to do next. which...
is exit the ship.
Go to the rear of the ship on the right hand side. There is a helmet and a gun there. See the "?" pop up? Press the "e" key and follow instructions. Whenever an "?" or what ever pops up, the "e" key uses it.
Read the "AATOFLKeyboard layout.png" in the folder for what does what.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
guys, my gui has disappeared, why is that?
Sound weird but if the textbox does not show up anymore you maybe accidently pressed the "page down" key which will hide the textbox for the VN events. You can call it back with "page up" button.

LOchar

Feb 25, 2021
Didnt finish yet but very nice game, if a bit heavy on the fetish side. I was truly hoping that by taking over station, somehow to become a bot trainer.

The tools are in place, this could have become a nice space brothel sim after story.. :)

The fonts are weird in this game, either I have tiny info due to resolution but text and inventory system is super large. I couldn't follow the tips for hacking very well was too tiny. Sorry to see it was completed as felt like such potential for other things.

PapaSnabes1

Feb 15, 2020
F1 doesn't always work... it would be GREAT if there was an actual walkthrough of some kind, or if the F1 actually always gave a "current objective" list.

4.40 star(s) 55 Votes