Unity Completed Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives [v1.0] [Kerni]

4.40 star(s) 55 Votes

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Can't load my save, when I click ,,load game" a blank window appears. I do have the .txt save file in the right folder, what am I supposed to do?
Hello there , (these tips are for windows ,please keep this in mind!)
Could be many things , But out of experience please check in the gameplay settings the "alternative save method" is "disabled".
(if you are playing on MAC or linux you maybe want to use the alternative save method since the filea access is different on there)
If this does not work then please check if your txt file is in the main folder along with your AATOFl.exe file
If this does not work then.. ahm... maybe the game is corrupted ?
Have a look into the output log under : C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Kernis_not_existing_company\Abandoned - A tale of forgotten lives

Hope this helps a bit.
(as mentioned i can only give help for windows system since i do not have a Linux and MAC system at home)

JonyJones

Jan 23, 2020
May i ask why you need esecially this version ?
My English is not so good, i speak Russian. And Russian translate for your game is exist, but it works only with version 0.96 + patch 2, because author of translation also translate some textures, and pause\mane menu. For that he modified the Assembly-UnityScript.dll, level1, sharedassets0.assets, sharedassets1.assets.

Reactions: mrbilly

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Update
Sorry for bothering. At last I find that 0.96.2 version I was looking for. Thanks.
Do not worry , it is fine. (I did not knew that there was a russian translation actually)
Even i would not be able to help you actually since even i do not have this version lying around anymore >_<
And i also could not compile a new version since i replaced the scripts many years ago.

JonyJones

Jan 23, 2020
Do not worry , it is fine. (I did not knew that there was a russian translation actually)
Even i would not be able to help you actually since even i do not have this version lying around anymore >_<
And i also could not compile a new version since i replaced the scripts many years ago.
Well, you've done a really great job with your game. Therefore, it is not surprising that you have fans who are ready to translate with enthusiasm :) Thanks for your game, it's great!)

Reactions: Mr.Red

TM22

Oct 7, 2017
Hi guys, is there a journal for the quests or a walkthrough? It's been a couple weeks and I have no idea what the objective is.
Cheers!

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Hi guys, is there a journal for the quests or a walkthrough? It's been a couple weeks and I have no idea what the objective is.
Cheers!
Simple: The tab and text hints will give you guide clues to advance the 'plot' but there is lots of 'free roam' for you to fool around with on the way.

The objective is simple: Try to get out...alive...with the girls...if you can find/solve all the secrets
[hint: there is a folder with all the maps to locations in the game]

mrbilly

Dec 4, 2020
My English is not so good, i speak Russian. And Russian translate for your game is exist, but it works only with version 0.96 + patch 2, because author of translation also translate some textures, and pause\mane menu. For that he modified the Assembly-UnityScript.dll, level1, sharedassets0.assets, sharedassets1.assets.
Man, where you found translated version? I tried to google it, but don't find anything.

Reactions: EleVR

KhaiFirst

Feb 27, 2021
Simple: The tab and text hints will give you guide clues to advance the 'plot' but there is lots of 'free roam' for you to fool around with on the way.

The objective is simple: Try to get out...alive...with the girls...if you can find/solve all the secrets
[hint: there is a folder with all the maps to locations in the game]
im stuck... dunno what to click... only know WSDA move space bar for jump/tab character info...

Stegron

Jun 17, 2018
Poker is glitched or poorly programed. I had 2 kings, queen high, and Aemi had 2 kings, jack high. In poker that means I win, but Viv won instead. Even if you for some reason don't count the next highest card (which you should), that should result in a split pot. I laugh in the face of the people who mocked others with 'learn to play poker.' Also raising doesn't work right. If you raise someone and they don't want to add any more money to the pot, they don't just get to say "I'm not going to raise anymore" and stay in the hand. They have to at least call what was raised, meaning they must add an amount of money so that they have the same amount of money the person who raised has in the pot. Also +5 and +1 do not add 5 or 1. It seems to be a random, significantly larger amount that is added.

Last edited:

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Poker is glitched or poorly programed. I had 2 kings, queen high, and Aemi had 2 kings, jack high. In poker that means I win, but Viv won instead. Even if you for some reason don't count the next highest card (which you should), that should result in a split pot. I laugh in the face of the people who mocked others with 'learn to play poker.' Also raising doesn't work right. If you raise someone and they don't want to add any more money to the pot, they don't just get to say "I'm not going to raise anymore" and stay in the hand. They have to at least call what was raised, meaning they must add an amount of money so that they have the same amount of money the person who raised has in the pot. Also +5 and +1 do not add 5 or 1. It seems to be a random, significantly larger amount that is added.
Yes , i am still a hobby programmer and it shows. To be honest with you i tried to implement the basic rules of poker but i guess i left serveral bugs in >_<
It was just something that i quickly built in one or two weekends and it shows.
Please do not see this as professional attempt to recreate the rules of poker ^_^

4.40 star(s) 55 Votes