liquidgrumps

Sep 9, 2018
I want to see what people's choice of relic would be if they could bring one into the real world. Some of these late game ones get really wacky and overpowered.

Honestly, I think I would pick the Triagerain. If I'm reading this right, it could be used to solve global warming in the span of... I don't know, a week of travel by airplane? Just blow into it every 30 minutes or so, and leave a wake of completely pollution-free space behind you. Take breaks and touch down whenever you need to, and just slowly go around clearing the air of pollution, the landfills of trash, the oceans of garbage, and every other type of filth you can think of. There, that just saved millions, if not billions of lives over the course of the next few centuries. I don't care if it doesn't disproportionally benefit me, it would just objectively made the world a much better place for everyone.

KoropeiniKi

Sep 27, 2017
i'm mega confused on how everything works lol

already read the giant wall of text for like 30 whole minutes (mind you i read it multiple times), my mind just went blank lmao

KoropeiniKi

Sep 27, 2017
also, why my gameplay seems so barebone to me is probably because i don't want to take any companion with me

look, it's cool that i can bring Kamina with me, but i don't want anything to happen to my boy again

okay, that's not the reason, i just don't like using the companion lol

TheSeaofCube

Jul 11, 2018
I want to see what people's choice of relic would be if they could bring one into the real world. Some of these late game ones get really wacky and overpowered.

Honestly, I think I would pick the Triagerain. If I'm reading this right, it could be used to solve global warming in the span of... I don't know, a week of travel by airplane? Just blow into it every 30 minutes or so, and leave a wake of completely pollution-free space behind you. Take breaks and touch down whenever you need to, and just slowly go around clearing the air of pollution, the landfills of trash, the oceans of garbage, and every other type of filth you can think of. There, that just saved millions, if not billions of lives over the course of the next few centuries. I don't care if it doesn't disproportionally benefit me, it would just objectively made the world a much better place for everyone.
The event horizon, because I'm lazy.

doomdoging1

Nov 2, 2018
have you fought of adding attribute theft? idea being a small weak submissive non human companion you abyss(or a slave you buy) who steals you size , etc...and benefitial curses form you and slowly grows stronger and more dominate and controlling if you don't stop them

Mitzar

Jan 11, 2020
Okay so uh... The game feels extremely strange, but amazing. I love everything about it, except for one thing...

On one side, it feels really deep and complex, with the relic crafting system(that I never used), the huge amount of relics that give you ways around challenges, and stuff like that, but on the other side... I'm not sure 90% of the things shown and told in the game actually do anything?

Like the encounter system allowing you to use the relics you have in a clever way, I thought you would have to choose specific relics and see if they work, then as I used it I thought you just used a certain relic you already had to solve the problem, and now I feel like that's just an instant win button because when I press it the tentacles just disappear out of the existence with nothing told to me about what actually happened.

Same with even the functional relics, sure some of them have a tangible effect like the teapot, or the weight stone thingie, but others, like the electric weapon thingie, or the acceleration pipe, or the wind fan? Just by seeing the functional sign it tells me they're useful, but it leaves me extremely confused as to how they're used. Is the acceleration pipe used as a gun? Is it used automatically?

And the normal relics without a functional sign? The game tells me I can combine them together at the workshop "which is, from layer 3 onwards, extremely hard because of the corruption system punishing you like hell for ever even thinking of going up, which really hurts my perfectionism demanding me to collect everything and see everything and get as strong as I can, but then the game throws "You only have 300 doubloons and its extremely hard and punishing to earn any more because corruption lol"

Do those relics even actually have a use somewhere along the game? Or is all text in their description just flavor for immersion? Same with some of the curses, enhanced libido, it should make you constantly horny and stuff, but I've only once got an event with it, when I also had the rut curse. I also haven't played with companions much yet, but they seem pretty strange too. Are there actual sex events/scenes with them at high affection? Do they get some bonuses for affection? Do they have an inventory? How do you interact with them outside of them initiating a short dialogue with you?

So overall, the game has an amazing concept, and super fucking good immersion, which is elevated by well, the world not explaining anything to you, but there's just no actual... Interaction, it seems. That along with the game not really telling you anything properly really bugs me off in a wrong way...

Reactions: Axismundi

TheSeaofCube

Jul 11, 2018
Like the encounter system allowing you to use the relics you have in a clever way, I thought you would have to choose specific relics and see if they work, then as I used it I thought you just used a certain relic you already had to solve the problem, and now I feel like that's just an instant win button because when I press it the tentacles just disappear out of the existence with nothing told to me about what actually happened.
Yeah, that's basically what that is. The original game was a CYOA, meaning it relied pretty heavily on imagination. This is basically just meant to be a twine version of that, and it admittedly doesn't work very well.
Same with even the functional relics, sure some of them have a tangible effect like the teapot, or the weight stone thingie, but others, like the electric weapon thingie, or the acceleration pipe, or the wind fan? Just by seeing the functional sign it tells me they're useful, but it leaves me extremely confused as to how they're used. Is the acceleration pipe used as a gun? Is it used automatically?
Some of them can be used raw, others have to be remade in the relic workshop for them to be usable, some will have a passive effect if you remake them in the workshop. Most of the ones that have a use are only used in one or two cases. The fan is an example of the first; it can clear away the mayflies on layer 5, meaning you don't experience a day of being stung full of aphrodisiac. The brave vector (the "acceleration pipe") is an example of the second; it becomes a weapon comparable to a gun but without expending ammo. The Romer stones are an example of the third; you can remake them in the workshop into either heat-resistant gear or cold-resistant gear, which helps you in a couple layers.
And the normal relics without a functional sign? The game tells me I can combine them together at the workshop "which is, from layer 3 onwards, extremely hard because of the corruption system punishing you like hell for ever even thinking of going up, which really hurts my perfectionism demanding me to collect everything and see everything and get as strong as I can, but then the game throws "You only have 300 doubloons and its extremely hard and punishing to earn any more because corruption lol"
In fairness, there is what is effectively a cheat menu already in the game. In a Layer Hub (the place where you can choose to look for relics, go find wonders, take on curses, etc.) or on the surface, go to "Use Items and Relics," then "Perform other stat adjustments to correct for errors."
Do those relics even actually have a use somewhere along the game? Or is all text in their description just flavor for immersion? Same with some of the curses, enhanced libido, it should make you constantly horny and stuff, but I've only once got an event with it, when I also had the rut curse. I also haven't played with companions much yet, but they seem pretty strange too. Are there actual sex events/scenes with them at high affection? Do they get some bonuses for affection? Do they have an inventory? How do you interact with them outside of them initiating a short dialogue with you?
The relics that don't themselves have a function can be sold. And I don't think all of the curses are fully implemented yet. Enhanced Libido, in particular, is supposed to make you basically too horny to function at higher levels but I seem to be able to do stuff just fine. There are some scenes (some non-sexual and a few sexual) with companions, though they're often curse-related and not at particularly high affection. When you do the non-sexual scenes, often they will obtain passive bonuses (for example, I remember that Lily starts haggling after one of these scenes so shopping costs you less money). They don't have inventory. Finally, your companions get new scenes occasionally, though I'm not sure if that's what you meant.

Reactions: Mitzar

Mitzar

Jan 11, 2020
Yeah, that's basically what that is. The original game was a CYOA, meaning it relied pretty heavily on imagination. This is basically just meant to be a twine version of that, and it admittedly doesn't work very well.

Some of them can be used raw, others have to be remade in the relic workshop for them to be usable, some will have a passive effect if you remake them in the workshop. Most of the ones that have a use are only used in one or two cases. The fan is an example of the first; it can clear away the mayflies on layer 5, meaning you don't experience a day of being stung full of aphrodisiac. The brave vector (the "acceleration pipe") is an example of the second; it becomes a weapon comparable to a gun but without expending ammo. The Romer stones are an example of the third; you can remake them in the workshop into either heat-resistant gear or cold-resistant gear, which helps you in a couple layers.

In fairness, there is what is effectively a cheat menu already in the game. In a Layer Hub (the place where you can choose to look for relics, go find wonders, take on curses, etc.) or on the surface, go to "Use Items and Relics," then "Perform other stat adjustments to correct for errors."

The relics that don't themselves have a function can be sold. And I don't think all of the curses are fully implemented yet. Enhanced Libido, in particular, is supposed to make you basically too horny to function at higher levels but I seem to be able to do stuff just fine. There are some scenes (some non-sexual and a few sexual) with companions, though they're often curse-related and not at particularly high affection. When you do the non-sexual scenes, often they will obtain passive bonuses (for example, I remember that Lily starts haggling after one of these scenes so shopping costs you less money). They don't have inventory. Finally, your companions get new scenes occasionally, though I'm not sure if that's what you meant.
Damn, thanks for an explanation. Honestly that's pretty sad, with the atmosphere and immersion this game has, if it just had more depth, it would probably be one of the best text games out there. Like, a 18+ abyss dive roguelike? Give me ten-

But oh well, can't expect the developer to change their game, and especially cant expect them to add a lot of complicated mechanics like actual combat and such into it. Although, I would do it myself if I wasn't that lazy.

• Hey there
Reactions: TheSeaofCube

7twenty

Sep 11, 2017
So, how do I get the scenes with my companions? I am hoping to get them for Cherry, Saeko, Lily and my Twin. I cannot get anything more than a HJ from the first three and nothing for the last. Figured there would be some more intimate scenes in there somewhere.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Is it just interactive? because the original non interactive CYOA was awful.
Horribly imbalanced, extremely restricted in stupid ways, NPC reactions made no sense whatsoever, any world govt should have just nuked the town to get rid of the guild idiots and sent in proper expeditions instead.
You sell stuff for a tiny fraction of minimum wage and for some reason an item that lets you majorly alter the entire world when auctioned to the highest bidder only brings in a pittance.
Rewards are also poor throughout, being weaksauce at low levels, and at deeper levels the rewards do not justify the suffering you undergo.
Basically, the original CYOA was just bad. So...
Does this interactive version actually re-balance things? or is it just making it interactive?

TheSeaofCube

Jul 11, 2018
Is it just interactive? because the original non interactive CYOA was awful.
Horribly imbalanced, extremely restricted in stupid ways, NPC reactions made no sense whatsoever, any world govt should have just nuked the town to get rid of the guild idiots and sent in proper expeditions instead.
You sell stuff for a tiny fraction of minimum wage and for some reason an item that lets you majorly alter the entire world when auctioned to the highest bidder only brings in a pittance.
Rewards are also poor throughout, being weaksauce at low levels, and at deeper levels the rewards do not justify the suffering you undergo.
Basically, the original CYOA was just bad. So...
Does this interactive version actually re-balance things? or is it just making it interactive?
I mean, I didn't play the original, but this interactive version sounds like the latter.

TheSeaofCube

Jul 11, 2018
So, how do I get the scenes with my companions? I am hoping to get them for Cherry, Saeko, Lily and my Twin. I cannot get anything more than a HJ from the first three and nothing for the last. Figured there would be some more intimate scenes in there somewhere.
I know some scenes (I don't think any of them are sexual) are locked behind certain relics, like how Lily has one with the World Stone. Some of them require you to transfer curses willingly, with one of the wonders on the 3rd (give) and 4th (give a copy) layers (I dunno the gender of your PC, but female ones with the lactation curse can get a scene with cherry by transferring the cat-ears curse (that is, the animal-ears curse where you pick cat ears from the list of options) to her with her consent). I think the others happen at certain affection thresholds while exploring some layers (don't remember any off the top of my head atm). Also, the twin sex scenes should be accessible from the companions menu if you have one? Maybe I accidentally fulfilled the conditions for that because of the curses I took. I dunno, I guess. Also, there was a settings bug that was only fixed with 0.9.8.2 where the switches in the settings menu for turning content on or off had the opposite effect i.e. turning content "on" disabled that content and turning content "off" enabled it, so if your version is before that one, that's a possibility.

HKO2006

Sep 2, 2017
Mini review/my experience
Having seen multiple CYOA sheets when I roam the internet, finally played this adapted CYOA. Contrasts to regular RPG with quests, you make you own goals in this game. This can be both a strength and a weakness, i.e. player freedom to do whatever/freedom to imagine but can also be a lack of direction.

A game focuses on exploration a , to learn the interactions between relic, companions to overcome challenges. But then I spoiled myself when I checked the game files because my goal is to min max my runs and return to surface as human, reducing the magic of discovery to calculating how to min max.

Gameplay wise, the core loop is get relic, sell or use them to deal with challenges and get curses while managing your food and water. The first layers are more or less a tutorial zone preparing you for the deep ones. There are relic and gameplay interactions but I am not aware of curse and gameplay interactions. I have only dived to layer 4, and avoided any major curse so maybe there are in game but I just havent dived deep enough/avoided them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weisskralle

HKO2006

Sep 2, 2017
i have nothing interesting to add here other then i like femboys.

i just don't like using the companion
Get maru, a femboy.
No companion run is hard because the lack of carry weight and have to deal with threats your own. Also a lot of the content is about companion so you will be missing them out, like companion character development.

Aug 8, 2022
This game is fantastic and all but is there a damn way I can get a hold of any information about this game? Like a wiki or something? My dumbass can't understand some mechanics of the game (not including the tutorial)

TheSeaofCube

Jul 11, 2018
This game is fantastic and all but is there a damn way I can get a hold of any information about this game? Like a wiki or something? My dumbass can't understand some mechanics of the game (not including the tutorial)
Don't think there's a wiki. Since the original was a CYOA, the mechanics had to be explained in the game itself in explicit detail, and this is just a Twine game version of the original (using a lot of the same images with all that text in them). There are some places where the text in the original images has been put into the game as text instead of just being part of an image (the curses follow that format now, I believe), but a lot of the text is still within images.

Aug 8, 2022
Don't think there's a wiki. Since the original was a CYOA, the mechanics had to be explained in the game itself in explicit detail, and this is just a Twine game version of the original (using a lot of the same images with all that text in them). There are some places where the text in the original images has been put into the game as text instead of just being part of an image (the curses follow that format now, I believe), but a lot of the text is still within images.
Man I just need like some guide or something because I'm really enjoying this and its just time consuming to get all the relics and find out what relics can give affection points to to this character or that. I don't wanna use the cheats but if it gets too time consuming I might just do that honestly.. I really hoped there was a wiki or something anyways thx for the reply

7twenty

Sep 11, 2017
Man I just need like some guide or something because I'm really enjoying this and its just time consuming to get all the relics and find out what relics can give affection points to to this character or that. I don't wanna use the cheats but if it gets too time consuming I might just do that honestly.. I really hoped there was a wiki or something anyways thx for the reply
Use the cheats and have fun, bud. I do, it has added a lot of joy to the game for me.

kaito3a

Nov 8, 2021
Is it just me or is the notebook broken right now? I cant seem to access information for layers ive visited but am not currently on.

4.00 star(s) 17 Votes