FloricSpacer

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2020
Reactions: Serpream

Serpream

Jun 7, 2018
Did more testing. Failed on both Brave/Chrome which are both Chromium. Firefox and Edge worked fine now.
Apologies as Brave will next let me copy the error text so had to take a screen grab - 1723726839136.png

FloricSpacer

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2020
Did more testing. Failed on both Brave/Chrome which are both Chromium. Firefox and Edge worked fine now.
Apologies as Brave will next let me copy the error text so had to take a screen grab - View attachment 3933849
Ok thanks! I can see that error message! So, typically I recommend Firefox since Chrome has weird local storage limitations. This may be related to that if it's working in the other browsers. It does seem like it's definitely not an OpenAI issue, but is rather an issue with how the image is being locally stored in the browser. Admittedly, I'm not sure I implemented that in the best way, since I'm not super experienced with web development, but this seemed to work haha. I'm glad to hear it works on Firefox though!

• Red Heart

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
To the dev, if they are here, I would suggest a "choose from 3 options" revamp of the choices. IE, when you are selecting curses, offer three options, not all the options. Likewise for finding relics.
This is so every run is forced to be unique, rather than always taking the same, safe, or preferred options.

On another note, the bandits stole all my stuff on my first run. (I selected the fight option.) This felt very bad. Especially since I already took a bunch of curses to balance the corruption. I immediately ragequit since I hadn't saved for a while.

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
The only one I know of is one that hooks into a local Stable Diffusion image model instead of using DALL-E.
can you repost or link a tutorial for this? I'm using forge atm, but also have an old install of a1111 if needed...

FloricSpacer

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2020
To the dev, if they are here, I would suggest a "choose from 3 options" revamp of the choices. IE, when you are selecting curses, offer three options, not all the options. Likewise for finding relics.
This is so every run is forced to be unique, rather than always taking the same, safe, or preferred options.

On another note, the bandits stole all my stuff on my first run. (I selected the fight option.) This felt very bad. Especially since I already took a bunch of curses to balance the corruption. I immediately ragequit since I hadn't saved for a while.
Oh! Good point about the bandits! I actually meant to add a QoL feature to this update that would give you a warning if you were going to trigger them when going from layer 2 to layer 1, but I must have forgot. And yeah, when I think about it more, I think they probably are too punishing. They’re meant to be easy to avoid, but if you don’t avoid them, then the penalty is too harsh right now. I’ll see if I can rework them to take only some of your Relics instead of all of them. I’m really sorry you had that experience, and hopefully that can help improve it.

I plan to publish a bug fix release 1.2.1 within the next day or two, so I’ll see if I can fit those updates into it!

Hmm, that’s a good idea for a new mode or something actually! I don’t think I would want to replace the current method, since making a certain build reliably is a way to show knowledge in the game, but I’ve been thinking of ways to make a more roguelike mode and that would be easier to implement yhan

can you repost or link a tutorial for this? I'm using forge atm, but also have an old install of a1111 if needed...
It’s all posted in the Discord server in the ai-discussions channel I think, and it uses ComfyUI for the images actually, and uses Llama-3 8B for prompt optimization.

I don't know why, but I get the element not found every time with this one
Where are you seeing that error? What browser are you using?

uhm the foraging food option doesn't work......
Foraging doesn’t add to your food count, it only prevents it from going down. What layer are you on that it’s not working?

Last edited:
Reactions: dusty stu

sinph

Jul 27, 2023
Can you implement a hash for the image name of current prompts to use as the current image as an stable diffusion / pregen image option? That way you can just run the prompt via stable diffusion once and save it with the hashed file name for future usage.

Since you're already generating promps on the fly, you could just md5/sha the prompt and use that as the filename to laod. ie.
Create an anime-inspired digital painting of a single adventurer with each of the following traits, in the background of the Abyss from MiA. Do NOT use the word character in the final prompt.

The character is a male. black colored hair. brown colored eyes. tanned colored skin. A young adult. A masculine man.
Using sha256 would be d22a64328f8ab19ddb46eca41236a76441b2b2133b48d5d4dec086cb23b08bed.png
Then just have a default picture to load if file not found with "missing image" or "generate image" or whatever so whenever the prompt changes due to appearance changes the player'll automatically be notified if they need to generate a new image.

Last edited:

Gooningmaster

Jan 13, 2018
My Bad I thought that it would add food , I didnt know that the main purpose of foraging was not to lose water/food I think I was in the fifth layer when I tried foraging

sinph

Jul 27, 2023
!Only valid for 1.2.0/1.2.1, may be for other versions but maybe not.!

Alright, I got bored so here it is if you're comfortable with editing html, otherwise it's not too hard. If you horribly mess up you can extract the original file again over this. Also I would probably use a better style prompt if you're using stable diffusion.

Remember both of these settings need to be enabled (so you can see the prompt, and so it gets overwritten):
  • Enable you to use your own OpenAI API key to generate portraits of your character
  • Override the most recent AI portrait with your own portrait choice, in the images folder

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So this more or less takes care of it, though idk how useful having the ability to cache prompts is, idk how often you'll rerun into the same appearance and if anyone really plays this game multiple times. Also do note since you're no longer just overwriting one file, there will be multiple files, and files take up space.

Last edited:

grahegri

drunk off sake
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
AbyssDiverInteractive-1.2.1
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

souplolium

Oct 20, 2021
How does one do anything in this, basically just a walk up and down stairs simulator where you can't interact with anything.

• Haha
Reactions: Xakorik

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
1724457704819.png

Shooting wild beasts with guns? Hey, i think i've had someone in my party...

1724457880854.png

1724457714908.png

Awesome. So that means the guy should scare things off with single bullet. Let's go!

1724457722139.png

... yup, 3 bullets all gone. Cloud, you motherfucker. You had literally one job.

(a bit embarrassing to have it bugged like that when it's quite literally the first application of guns you'll encounter in the game, as early as layer 2, and it's not like companions have dozens of abilities each to keep track of)

edit: for bonus points, the option to Use a combination of Relics not mentioned above you believe would be able to overpower one of the beasts apparently ends the encounter at no cost, no penalty and without having to do anything.

Last edited:

FloricSpacer

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2020
How does one do anything in this, basically just a walk up and down stairs simulator where you can't interact with anything.
Uh, there's plenty of things to interact with, in my opinion. What things did you want to do that you weren't able to do?

Shooting wild beasts with guns? Hey, i think i've had someone in my party...

Awesome. So that means the guy should scare things off with single bullet. Let's go!

... yup, 3 bullets all gone. Cloud, you motherfucker. You had literally one job.

(a bit embarrassing to have it bugged like that when it's quite literally the first application of guns you'll encounter in the game, as early as layer 2, and it's not like companions have dozens of abilities each to keep track of)

edit: for bonus points, the option to Use a combination of Relics not mentioned above you believe would be able to overpower one of the beasts apparently ends the encounter at no cost, no penalty and without having to do anything.
That... is embarrassing. I can't believe no one's ever reported that bug tbh. Sorry about that! I just fixed it on the Github, and it should be gone in 1.2.2, which will be published soon and contains some other bug fixes as well (probably tomorrow). Hopefully the quick fix helps make up for the longstanding bug at least a little bit!

The "Use a Combination of Relics" option is basically meant as a "GM fiat" option for the player. Since the game started without many Relics implemented in the gameplay, it was available in case players came up with combos I hadn't added yet. It's kind of unavoidable due to the nature of the game as being based on a static CYOA. I can see why it's a bit incongruent, but I think it's valuable to help maintain the original spirit of the adventure!

Reactions: ffive

Axel95RM

Feb 4, 2018
Once I created the character, then purchased items for the expedition into the abyss, then purchased companions, it doesn't let me continue further even though I clicked "Walk into the abyss" several times or something like that. What am I doing wrong and how do I proceed? Thank you.

FloricSpacer

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2020
is it just drag and replace to update the game? anything special I should do?
That should be fine! Or you can just run the html from the latest version of the game you downloaded in its folder.

Once I created the character, then purchased items for the expedition into the abyss, then purchased companions, it doesn't let me continue further even though I clicked "Walk into the abyss" several times or something like that. What am I doing wrong and how do I proceed? Thank you.
That's strange... Does it give you some sort of error or take you to a different page? Or does the button just not do anything? What browser are you using?

Reactions: CardinalBirb
3.60 star(s) 23 Votes