HTML Accidental Mind [v3.4] [Myscra]

4.70 star(s) 40 Votes

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
You can catch Blaire asleep in class some days, I don't know the exact circumstances.
Every time I found her in class she'd be awake and you'd just sit next to her and it'd do nothing as the friendship stat was already capped ... uuuuntil, I finally got Kiara's stuff going, then I had enough resources to build the thing that puts them to sleep then I could make her fall asleep in class on command and get going with her dream stuff again ... I but in a game that relies on everyone following a strict schedule it was a bit annoying for it to start with Blaire sleeping in the garden but then that just never happening again.

Personally, I'd say you should know Kiara's schedule completely from the get-go as she's your best friend ... then you should learn Blaire's completely once you've mind tapped her once and that'd calm some of my complaints about there being a ton of places to go to but 9/10 times nothing to do in them and you don't know if it's just a dead venue for use at a later time or if you've just gotta hit a magical day/time for a thing to occur there.

I really like the worldbuilding, and there's some fun little puzzles and stuff like in Kiara's dream
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
... but the navigation / just needing to randomly bump into people kinda thing does it a massive disservice I think.

Reactions: errata

applesauce

Aug 21, 2016
I think it's just one class she falls asleep in without you needing the power. Psych maybe?
The scheduling thing isn't really an issue if you use the index feature and the fast travel.
I think Blaire is in the garden in the early morning time slot on Saturday or maybe weekends, not really sure there.

I didn't have the same experience as in your spoiler, I didn't think you could get past that barrier TBH because the game says I already did all Kiara's content.

The navigation is very "A Spell for All" (and that's not a good thing). Once you get to Blaire's sexual content... it's well written, it's sexy, it checks my boxes, but it's so far in before you get any meaningful progression. This is an in-dev complaint, but

Balloo

May 20, 2018
Is there anyway to get money other than the micro work on my computer? I've tried going to every location I can find and haven't come across any other money making ventures. As much as I love mindless button mashing for days on end, I'm only halfway to enough to buy a suit, never mind the $1000 gym membership or the $500 hotel. The grind for stats is bad enough, I'm at the point where I just can't be bothered anymore, which is a real shame because the writing is fantastic and the game is otherwise enjoyable.

applesauce

Aug 21, 2016
Is there anyway to get money other than the micro work on my computer?
Open your browser console of choice, for Chrome this is control+shift+i
SugarCube.State.active.variables.player.cash = 3000

Edit: There's apparently a gambling mechanic, but I never found it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Balloo

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
So I'm at the point where I have to decide whether to take Blaire down the "dedicated" path or the "friends with benefits" path, and I'm not clear on what exactly each one does. Am I allowed to have more than one "dedicated" girlfriend? Is FWB the only way to have her in a threesome with the other girls, or is it just that it allows for scenes where she's "slutting it up", so to speak? Basically, I want to pick the path that's the closest to having a harem of devoted lovers, but I'm not sure which option is closer to or farther from that.
So this is long term, but you can have multiple dedicated (though there will be different names for it), high enough affection and Blaire won't mind, though she wont jump in. FWB is the one I have built in with threesomes. Though If I can think of a good reason for it I may add a threesome or something close for the dedicated route.

I was enjoying this at the start but I think the sandboxy bit needs quite an overhaul.

So the first week or 2 when you're getting tutored by the super villian was really interesting, I was enjoying the story and learning about how it all works.

Dived into the girl-next-door's dream, got to a part where I need woodworking skills to make a ladder - no problem. Help out a dude and get 1/4 woodworking - again no worries. This was the first minor ballache - then having to wait a week to get another 2 points in it, then another week to get the 4th ... with the only real interesting things happening during that time being prism dropping in.
But now I can't even enter her dream again as she doesn't seem to nap in her garden any more, I literally napped through a whole week to make sure I didn't miss the time-slot for it in my room (which again is a problem with the system)... so yeah that's kinda arse... I dunno if I screwed myself by building the thing that alters them as I sleep rather than the one that can make them sleep, I'd presume not..

The other ones you're already friends with often you can go in their house and there's nothing to do. If you watch TV with them it doesn't raise the stats. Only if you manage to catch those times when Kiara will play games with you (Saturdays I think) can you raise her curiosity (so I guess another thing you've gotta waste a week to do at the weekends)... anytime the other one is the garden or doing chores you're out of luck ... any weekday it goes from nothing in the evening to nothing at night... like what's the point of indicating they're there with the cars and lights if it's ultimately pointless 95% of the time.

Getting back to the cheerleader one then she doesn't get hornier from me watching her jog (I think since I got both of her stats over 20), just a bit more friendly if I catch her at the club, I can't remember if the mall does anything at this point, I think not.

So... I think rather than just knowing where someone is at a given time then it should map out their whole schedule in the index (eg you can mindread where they intend to be) ... especially as you've disabled the back button for some reason and as it takes time to travel then you can miss someone or the day will end when you try to get to where they are unless you bother to try to map out their schedule in advance yourself (and advancing time by one unit, then clicking index, then their name for a whole week is a ballache), or just save multiple times a day to be able to load up one early enough to get around.

So yeah ... the writing was great ... I didn't mind raising my stats through scanning around in different locations or learning skills from people ... but as it stands the way the sandboxy bit is don't undid all the fun I had.
I am always looking for ways to reduce the grind so I am open to Ideas if you have any suggestions. Speaking of, I do like your suggestion about having the schedule available, so I will include that in the next release. I think Ill drop the knowledge to be 1 hour at a time instead of 2. The mall has a few events with Blaire currently and some with Kiara.

I will post the schedules here in the mean time.

Travel using the car service in your phone doesn't take time. You can catch Blaire asleep in class some days, I don't know the exact circumstances.

The sexual content is extremely back-loaded, and I'm pretty sure I skipped at least one scene I can't go back and see at all. The navigation and game elements feel dated, but I'm not sure how much that hurts it. Still formulating a cohesive opinion on this one.
Blaire sleeping in class is randomized, as is the sunbathing. I did base a lot of the game design on the older adventure games ( and my lack of programming skill) so thats a fair criticism if its not your cup of tea (As is the back loaded slow burn). Any particular game that has what you consider a modern design, for comparison?

Every time I found her in class she'd be awake and you'd just sit next to her and it'd do nothing as the friendship stat was already capped ... uuuuntil, I finally got Kiara's stuff going, then I had enough resources to build the thing that puts them to sleep then I could make her fall asleep in class on command and get going with her dream stuff again ... I but in a game that relies on everyone following a strict schedule it was a bit annoying for it to start with Blaire sleeping in the garden but then that just never happening again.

Personally, I'd say you should know Kiara's schedule completely from the get-go as she's your best friend ... then you should learn Blaire's completely once you've mind tapped her once and that'd calm some of my complaints about there being a ton of places to go to but 9/10 times nothing to do in them and you don't know if it's just a dead venue for use at a later time or if you've just gotta hit a magical day/time for a thing to occur there.

I really like the worldbuilding, and there's some fun little puzzles and stuff like in Kiara's dream
... but the navigation / just needing to randomly bump into people kinda thing does it a massive disservice I think.
Ill check out the gold door thing to see whats what.

Is there anyway to get money other than the micro work on my computer? I've tried going to every location I can find and haven't come across any other money making ventures. As much as I love mindless button mashing for days on end, I'm only halfway to enough to buy a suit, never mind the $1000 gym membership or the $500 hotel. The grind for stats is bad enough, I'm at the point where I just can't be bothered anymore, which is a real shame because the writing is fantastic and the game is otherwise enjoyable.
There is gambling once you find it by going through the computer (or use $locVar.poker = 1) then go to the bar in harbor side. I currently have it randomized but I will just make it pop up the first time for the next release. There will be other ways to get money soon, including passive income. The console variable for cash is player.cash if you want to add stuff for that as well. Sorry, its been annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Balloo

applesauce

Aug 21, 2016
Myscra

The unstructured exploration with little direction is probably what makes it seem most old-school. The second biggest thing would be the style of grinding, though it kind of ties in with the former in some ways.

There are several ways to overcome either of these problems, let's look at some of the different methods developers have reevaluated exploration in modern games.

It has its own problems, but Flirty F tackles arbitrary exploratory events by just letting the player skip the guesswork. The player can still explore the game world and try to chance their way across the right events at right time; but the game also gives the option for every character's sequence where the player can jump to the next location required to progress with that character.

The most common way of protecting the player from their own urge to explore the entire world and waste time doing nothing is by gating off areas that only contain events the player doesn't qualify for. This is mostly used in RPGM games examples of which escape me at this exact moment.

Another method is reigning back in scope the number of locations available to the player. You see some of this in games like SexNote (unsure if still the case, played a very old build), Devilish Business, and one that does it particularly dramatically is Last Hope.

There are other avenues for the exploration, but let's take a look at the grinding aspect. For this we're going to take a trip to a genre adjacent to this one: trainer games.

There are a couple types of progression in trainer games. This is a little bit of a stretch to apply to strictly text games as the reason it's done is to make more content out of limited art assets, but significant variant events in progressive order are a great resource.

If you look at games like Witch Trainer, you have progression in the same category of event. If you get a blowjob, the next time you get a blowjob in that same circumstance you can choose Blowjob 1, or you can progress by choosing Blowjob 2.

More discrete (not discreet) curated increments of progress have become more prevalent in recent years. You see that type of discrete event based progress in modern games like Harem Hotel, Mythic Manor, as well as older games like Sengoku Rance.

In purely text based games this makes a little less sense from a fiscal standpoint, but as a progressive mechanic it still seems viable. I think working it as a bespoke mechanical player choice is better than subtle alterations to the event text for a couple reasons. First, it clearly communicates to the player scene expectations. They know they're getting another blowjob, and it will probably be similar but more intense than the previous event. Secondarily, it allows players to experience past event variations if they would've otherwise missed them.

In conclusion: the amount of freedom offered to the player actually traps them into wasting time and feeling like their actions lack impact. In theory you would think you want players to be as free as possible, but in most cases you need to put devices in place to keep people from tricking themselves out of fun.

I wrote this a bit low on sleep, so if anything is unclear, requires further elaboration, or there's something you'd like a more detailed look at let me know. There are other ways to handle grinding I didn't touch on, but this is probably enough for one post.

Normally I think it's considered a little rude to link other games in an author's thread, but it was explicitly requested so please excuse my behavior there.

Last edited:

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Myscra

The unstructured exploration with little direction is probably what makes it seem most old-school. The second biggest thing would be the style of grinding, though it kind of ties in with the former in some ways.

There are several ways to overcome either of these problems, let's look at some of the different methods developers have reevaluated exploration in modern games.

It has its own problems, but Flirty F tackles arbitrary exploratory events by just letting the player skip the guesswork. The player can still explore the game world and try to chance their way across the right events at right time; but the game also gives the option for every character's sequence where the player can jump to the next location required to progress with that character.

The most common way of protecting the player from their own urge to explore the entire world and waste time doing nothing is by gating off areas that only contain events the player doesn't qualify for. This is mostly used in RPGM games examples of which escape me at this exact moment.

Another method is reigning back in scope the number of locations available to the player. You see some of this in games like SexNote (unsure if still the case, played a very old build), Devilish Business, and one that does it particularly dramatically is Last Hope.

There are other avenues for the exploration, but let's take a look at the grinding aspect. For this we're going to take a trip to a genre adjacent to this one: trainer games.

There are a couple types of progression in trainer games. This is a little bit of a stretch to apply to strictly text games as the reason it's done is to make more content out of limited art assets, but significant variant events in progressive order are a great resource.

If you look at games like Witch Trainer, you have progression in the same category of event. If you get a blowjob, the next time you get a blowjob in that same circumstance you can choose Blowjob 1, or you can progress by choosing Blowjob 2.

More discrete (not discreet) curated increments of progress have become more prevalent in recent years. You see that type of discrete event based progress in modern games like Harem Hotel, Mythic Manor, as well as older games like Sengoku Rance.

In purely text based games this makes a little less sense from a fiscal standpoint, but as a progressive mechanic it still seems viable. I think working it as a bespoke mechanical player choice is better than subtle alterations to the event text for a couple reasons. First, it clearly communicates to the player scene expectations. They know they're getting another blowjob, and it will probably be similar but more intense than the previous event. Secondarily, it allows players to experience past event variations if they would've otherwise missed them.

In conclusion: the amount of freedom offered to the player actually traps them into wasting time and feeling like their actions lack impact. In theory you would think you want players to be as free as possible, but in most cases you need to put devices in place to keep people from tricking themselves out of fun.

I wrote this a bit low on sleep, so if anything is unclear, requires further elaboration, or there's something you'd like a more detailed look at let me know. There are other ways to handle grinding I didn't touch on, but this is probably enough for one post.

Normally I think it's considered a little rude to link other games in an author's thread, but it was explicitly requested so please excuse my behavior there.

Thanks for this, It's good to get other people's perspective on things and it gave me things to think about. I've always had my own issues with what I call the "empty world" problems. Lots of places to go and see but nothing to do. I guess since I have the whole game bouncing around in my head I don't get the same level of emptiness that the average player does.

Ill try to work on that, I know I have some places that are there for future use so I'll take a look at dealing with them some how. One possibility that just came to me, might kill two birds with one stone, possibly adding some mechanic to make money at these places (waiting tables at La Lune for example), with some form of progress and events tied to it. Give you something to do in these places and make money. Also more events are always good.

I am also pondering the idea of the more mechanical progression (though subtle progression is more of a focus) or adding some form of memory for past events.

Last edited:
Reactions: applesauce

wiegelspee

Sep 5, 2016
I'm currently running into a problem where I go to Kiara's dream and there's a door there and I can't do anything. It just says they're looking at me expectantly and there's no option to click to advance anything and I have to reload from a save to do anything else.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
I'm currently running into a problem where I go to Kiara's dream and there's a door there and I can't do anything. It just says they're looking at me expectantly and there's no option to click to advance anything and I have to reload from a save to do anything else.
I am assuming that this is the first Kiara dream? You have to find the place to make the connection, same way you had to do it in the intro with Blaire.

Contravene

Jun 6, 2017
I am assuming that this is the first Kiara dream? You have to find the place to make the connection, same way you had to do it in the intro with Blaire.

Speaking of this particular dream, I just ran in to a bug. I managed to complete the dreamwalk, made the connection and everything. But then after going to sleep, I consulted Sam/Cerebralite(?) instead of just waking up. Now I no longer have an option or button to wake up and start the day. As of yet, I haven't completed Blaire's second dreamwalk. Not sure if that's because I just haven't figured out how, or if my stealth stat isn't high enough to get passed the football players yet. Anyway, in case it helps, I've attached a save file for the exact place I'm sitting at with that bug.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Speaking of this particular dream, I just ran in to a bug. I managed to complete the dreamwalk, made the connection and everything. But then after going to sleep, I consulted Sam/Cerebralite(?) instead of just waking up. Now I no longer have an option or button to wake up and start the day. As of yet, I haven't completed Blaire's second dreamwalk. Not sure if that's because I just haven't figured out how, or if my stealth stat isn't high enough to get passed the football players yet. Anyway, in case it helps, I've attached a save file for the exact place I'm sitting at with that bug.

I swear this dream consultation bugs will be the death of me. If you're stuck in the consultation you can use the console command SugarCube.Engine.play("HouseRoom") to kick you to the proper room, and SugarCube.State.variables.indream = 0 to reactivate the phone button.

I'm pretty sure I've finally gotten the better of this code once and for all. Sorry for the inconvenience,

errata

Sep 13, 2017
"1.2 change: Gambling: Boosted chance of winning"

THANK YOU! I didn't know if I was doing something wrong or not. I just put the game down and was going to wait until I could more easily get mental stats above 20. I couldn't seem to get my odds above what felt like 50/50, which defeats the point of cheating in the first place!

Edit: double-checked my stats from when I got frustrated and stopped. Stealth at 19, Telepathy at 30. Maybe I just didn't know how to raise Stealth effectively?

Last edited:

Contravene

Jun 6, 2017
I swear this dream consultation bugs will be the death of me. If you're stuck in the consultation you can use the console command SugarCube.Engine.play("HouseRoom") to kick you to the proper room, and SugarCube.State.variables.indream = 0 to reactivate the phone button.

I'm pretty sure I've finally gotten the better of this code once and for all. Sorry for the inconvenience,
Thank you! I hadn't saved prior to that and was starting to worry I'd have to start over.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
The Writer's block update

This one was pretty brutal, I had about 90% of this done a week after the last update then took 3 weeks to finish the last 10% (and I still did not get everything I wanted in). Things should be better for the next update. Enjoy!

I find this interesting i will have to check it out at a later time sadly.
Just in case you are waiting for more content before diving in, I can explain the version numbers vis a vis content. Each whole number version will be one finished woman (save for anything I decide to add in after the fact) plus a bunch of other stuff. So once the current woman is done (Kiara) I will move on to Alpha 2.0.

Hotkillerz

May 1, 2017
i cant even get past the prolog as every thing on the side tab is invisible, cant click the throphy case as its not showing up at all. the tiny bitty words u cant even read.

mbwakali

Feb 21, 2018
Huh, The writing is topnotch. No wait that fails to describe how much i'm enjoying it.

I don't think good authors just magically appear, Oi Myscra, what writing forums where you lurking in, i demand answers!!!

ambitiousGorilla

Jun 11, 2017
The phone disappeared, I restarted the game, and now it's gone again. Kinda seems important, so I'm not going to bother playing if that borks my save.

4.70 star(s) 40 Votes