sarashi

May 4, 2018
okay what the heck is this game ? after customizing your character there is literally no content ....

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
okay what the heck is this game ? after customizing your character there is literally no content ....
Yes, the game is in alpha stage, so almost no content. But this seems to be huge project and developer works hard to build game framework, mechanics. Once the framework will be complete, I'm sure the game will be amazing. It's just so many things to do for single guy and it's really much bigger project than any HTML game out there.

Reactions: Kazehana

mbRjpZLD

Apr 28, 2017
Yes, the game is in alpha stage, so almost no content. But this seems to be huge project and developer works hard to build game framework, mechanics. Once the framework will be complete, I'm sure the game will be amazing. It's just so many things to do for single guy and it's really much bigger project than any HTML game out there.
I kinda gave up on the game now that the guy started talking about AI. it's classic feature creep and I have the feeling he just tries to come up with excuses for more backend work now so he doesn't have to actually start writing something.

ZunMadun

Oct 21, 2017
I kinda gave up on the game now that the guy started talking about AI. it's classic feature creep and I have the feeling he just tries to come up with excuses for more backend work now so he doesn't have to actually start writing something.
It's also possible that in the end when he actually needs to write some content he just abandons the project. Oh well since 99% of projects never get finished anyway and people still are throwing money at every author with an idea and less than 20 min of content. Why should anyone bother to actually finish their game when they can get 4.5k each month for a simple character creator and lots of promises?

saviliana

Aug 30, 2017
Don't worry, he was talking about the npc character in game that was class as robot npc and named "A.I.", which is more like a training mentor character in game. I don't think he is just going to abandoning anything, he still pumping out far many containent then the others.

Rakger

May 25, 2017
The first few releases of this game have really excited me. From reading the dev's blog he's stated that he's taking the time out at the start to set up the background systems and programming to avoid what happens in so many other games... a first release with some content and then a new release with altered background systems to allow the story to develop, followed by another new release with yet another background change to allow the game to develop. Followed by... well you get the idea.

The character generation alone offers so much promise and from the most recent release, the make-up, hair and clothing system offers a level of detail which, if attached to an equally broadly scoped game world, may make it one of the very best games. My only complaint is that due to the high standards and tantalising view we've been given of ThaumX's vision for the game and writing is that I'm constantly looking for the next update hoping he's finished the background work and is ready to throw out some gameplay. :)

I've seen comparisons with NewLife but to be honest from the early view of Accidental Woman that's like comparing a Ferrari (AW) with a Fiat Panda (NewLife). Sure they are designed to do the same kind of thing, but the comparative quality make them almost a different species.
well yes, if you have the dough {: D

Reactions: caramoore

Rakger

May 25, 2017
So you wana do a Ben X salve Quest
[/Rant]

I'm willing to bet my car (a 12 year old Toyota with a very high mileage) that there isn't any new content whatsoever in this update either, nor will there be in the next six months either, if ever. The creator is probably trying to beat the development time of Duke Nukem Forever...

Creating a good platform and thus setting up a good framework for future development is all fine and well. But the truth is that the game has been in development for 6 months now, and the only difference from the first version is a very empty map, a shopping mall with a metric shit-ton of various clothes, a very basic dressing system which lacks almost all futures and pretty much nothing else. I've seen a lot of games which has added a good amount of content in same time period, some of those games were just as devoid of content as this is, the difference between those game and this is astronomical if you factor in 6 months of development time.

He is good at promoting the game though, patreon is spamming my inbox with his so called "progress reports" almost daily and the way he puts it, it does indeed sound good and very promising, but the sad fact is that nothing ever happens. A classic example of don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk! It's not like he is trying to create a damn AAA+ game here, people want SEXY stuff, not an empty game devoid of content that's still stuck in pre-alpha early development, despite that he is working on it full time according to his 1000$ patreon goal... The other games in this genre of adult game isn't exactly offering much of a competition unfortunately (which is a damn shame, since I really like these games), so he get's away without releasing anything for half a year. And now he cashes in 3.8k each month, I wonder when his patreons starts to loose their patience?

Almost makes me want to create a life sim game with a female protagonist myself, and then laugh at the poor sods who throws cash at me while I do absolutely nothing after an initial demo, and then proceed to spend the next 6 months jacking of to proper games with actual content, that gets major updates monthly.

[Rant end/]
Bravo! Well said.

Rakger

May 25, 2017
The developer has stated on his patreon a long time ago he will first have to spend months building the framework before he will build actual content. If you are interested in the planning you can find a post about it here:

So yeah, it will take a lot of time before the game is really a game and not just a demo. To create something truly good one usually has to work long and hard. A sad fact for greedy bastards like me but reality is not always kind :pensive:
most AAA games have a large staff>1 perhaps thaumx needs contributors of material rather than cash .

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
I wish to try the latest version.
Well, the game seems more interesting as time goes, but for real game play we need patience. A lot of patience since game development is scheduled to about 2,5 - 3 years to complete this one. Version 1.0 should be available on August 2020 and now is 1/3 of completion.
There is something, but it's still alpha version. Alpha version means very early and incomplete, then is beta version which is mostly done, but still can have something missing or some bugs and latest is final working version. I believe after year this game will be beta and then will be most mechanics implemented to be actually playable. Note 2-3 years is standard time to make normally working application that does not use template to speed things.

If you like to read more then here is his report document:

Reactions: polina

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
polina most likely meant version 0.12.5, [...]
Actually the latest version is:

- however it's still alpha version, so I don't see much point in playing it. Unless you will to check for bugs and report them to developer, so he can improve it.

login2me

May 15, 2017
Actually the latest version is:

- however it's still alpha version, so I don't see much point in playing it. Unless you will to check for bugs and report them to developer, so he can improve it.
Do note that I wrote my post before 0.13.1 came out, and only 6 minutes before that 0.13.0 came out.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Do note that I wrote my post before 0.13.1 came out, and only 6 minutes before that 0.13.0 came out.
Funny :) you wrote your post yesterday. Post with version 0.13.1 come from August 3 and 0.13.0 is from August 2 :)

By the way right now he is working with version 0.13.5 which should be available in few days.

baconlord

Nov 23, 2016
So i see a lot of still broken and fix/patches is there any substance in this? like worth to try out or wait for a more complete version rather then trying now?

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
So i see a lot of still broken and fix/patches is there any substance in this? like worth to try out or wait for a more complete version rather then trying now?
Now the only thing that kind of work is character creation, so you can imagine how the game can be, although there is progress, with every build something is added, though not much content wise, because the game was at the beginning planned to make within 3 years and now it's 1/3 building tech foundation to make later content adding faster.
The developer also seems to have problem finding reliable people who can make game graphics.
But I believe the game will be great and would support it if I had money.

Reactions: Taz1800
2.20 star(s) 57 Votes