Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I really enjoyed what I saw of the start I just want to continue on the route with those 2 characters and that would keep me happy.

Sadly these games do take a while to fill out but that's okay if they are worth the wait.

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
So did this build progress the story any or did it just add more options and other internal stuff?

Seems v0.2.2 saves wont work in v0.2.3.

So to answer my own question no their is no new story content in 0.2.3.

Last edited:

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
First, thanx for the version share! ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶0̶.̶0̶2̶.̶4̶?̶ Never mind, the OP already updated ^^. And anyone generous to share a cheat build? ><

Last edited:

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
The first few releases of this game have really excited me. From reading the dev's blog he's stated that he's taking the time out at the start to set up the background systems and programming to avoid what happens in so many other games... a first release with some content and then a new release with altered background systems to allow the story to develop, followed by another new release with yet another background change to allow the game to develop. Followed by... well you get the idea.

The character generation alone offers so much promise and from the most recent release, the make-up, hair and clothing system offers a level of detail which, if attached to an equally broadly scoped game world, may make it one of the very best games. My only complaint is that due to the high standards and tantalising view we've been given of ThaumX's vision for the game and writing is that I'm constantly looking for the next update hoping he's finished the background work and is ready to throw out some gameplay. :)

I've seen comparisons with NewLife but to be honest from the early view of Accidental Woman that's like comparing a Ferrari (AW) with a Fiat Panda (NewLife). Sure they are designed to do the same kind of thing, but the comparative quality make them almost a different species.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I've seen comparisons with NewLife but to be honest from the early view of Accidental Woman that's like comparing a Ferrari (AW) with a Fiat Panda (NewLife). Sure they are designed to do the same kind of thing, but the comparative quality make them almost a different species.
Except I could drive that Fiat and get somewhere safe and sound.

If I tried to drive that Ferrari it would crash and burn with no brakes, steering, body, wheels or seating.

At the moment you have the starting build of an engine and some frame work. It couldn't even be considered a car yet.

NewLife may have a massive amount of issues but it has flesh on it's bones. You can't compare a game several years old with content, regardless of that contents quality, to something that barely has anything at all.

Don't get me wrong, I like where this could go but at the moment it doesn't go anywhere at all. It has potential but that's it.

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
Except I could drive that Fiat and get somewhere safe and sound.

If I tried to drive that Ferrari it would crash and burn with no brakes, steering, body, wheels or seating.

At the moment you have the starting build of an engine and some frame work. It couldn't even be considered a car yet.

NewLife may have a massive amount of issues but it has flesh on it's bones. You can't compare a game several years old with content, regardless of that contents quality, to something that barely has anything at all.

Don't get me wrong, I like where this could go but at the moment it doesn't go anywhere at all. It has potential but that's it.
It's Ok, ThaumX hasn't given us the keys yet ;)

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
I am in the process of looking up the code to "enable" cheats. Basically, upon start of the game, to give you a certain amount of cash (would love to have an opinion regarding optimal amount, or perhaps just to give 30k based on current cash cheat) and skill points (such that everything except for sexual skills, which will just be 10 points higher each, would be raised to 100). Who would think it being a good idea and for me to post it here?

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Cheats are always a good thing to have, someone will find them useful.

Text based games like this general have a lot of content when development is quite a way along and it takes a long time to grind those stats especially if they involve taking courses that cost money because then you need to earn the money to take the course.

Some people like a bit of a helping hand with some starter cash or extra stat points and some like to skip the grind completely.

I love CoC and TiTS but I find myself giving myself some money and items every now and then ... thankyou save editors.

Goldfish

May 22, 2017
Skill points can be increase by cheat engine. Didn't try with money since I didn't need much with the current content.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Couple of problems I found is sometimes, you can't cheat unless you close Chrome and start the game first. If you increase the halved cost skills cheat engine will stop working so just increase the skill points to 5000 or something right away.

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
SO i'm not sure how much content is incurrent build can someone tellme
Well 0.2.3 had no new content at all over 0.2.2 and all that was in the game then was basically the character creator and the story to support it. I'd wait till 0.3.0 before giving it another go as I think all the 0.2 stuff is internals to support the game play that's to come.

Reactions: Goldfish

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Not much at all yet.

I'm going to wait a few updates. What is there is pretty good but the start of the story has me worrying so i'm waiting until that's a bit more fleshed out until I decide whether it's the support or nope train I jump on.

Reason being...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

taytay

Jun 18, 2017
I guess I'm a bit more pessimistic toward this project. But if people really think this game is going anywhere (in it's current form) they are either deluding themselves, or they don't have a realistic view on game development.

I get that the mod author is working hard on this and seems very passionate about the project, but it's biggest selling points are also it's biggest weaknesses. The scale and scope of what the game is trying to achieve is far too much for a single person to undertake by themselves, and even with a community around it contributing with writing, it would still be slowed down by an overload of needlessly complex features and fluff. Sometimes it's better to sacrifice or simplify "realism" aspects for both gameplay and development purposes.

If this game is still around in a year's time and actually contains a significant amount of quality content, I'd be happy be admit I'm wrong. But in the foreseeable future, I see it as nothing more than a very impressive framework built with tools that were never intended to be used to make something like it. Like a cathedral made of matchsticks that will collapse if/once the author burns out.

MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
He did say he was going to build the engine before even really getting into writing, so i assume that for now the firsts few builds will only have few content in it. But in several months, when he will update once or twice a month with only writing because he has finished the engine, you will probably see that he is actually building a cathedral with real stones, but since he builds it alone and with his bare hands, it will take much time.

mbRjpZLD

Apr 28, 2017
But in the foreseeable future, I see it as nothing more than a very impressive framework built with tools that were never intended to be used to make something like it. Like a cathedral made of matchsticks that will collapse if/once the author burns out.
You're basically describing every javascript based project out there and this one here probably still is one of the tinier matchstick cathedrals when it comes to that.

taytay

Jun 18, 2017
You're basically describing every javascript based project out there and this one here probably still is one of the tinier matchstick cathedrals when it comes to that.
True, Newlife is struggling from a similar issue despite having fewer customization options for both players and NPCs, as well as more limited locations and features than what is planned for AW. Although, in the case of Newlife it might partly be attributed to a poorly planned framework foundation that results in problems snowballing and slowing down progress, combined with a dev that seems to be gradually losing interest in working with said framework. I still consider Newlife the best game of its kind though. And despite criticism of the dev, I still applaud their ability to keep deadlines and actually have a roadmap and a set timeframe for the project.

Then we have Girl life, which despite being worked on by so many hard working people is developing at a much slower pace than what I'd expect from a project of its size. Biggest problem is most likely that it's made in QSP, which is a shame. It also has a lot of complex systems baked into it, and while impressive, they don't actually do much for gameplay unless you like micromanaging a lot of stuff without much noticeable effect as they are not integrated into many scenes/events/choices.

AW uses a heavily modified version of Twine and Sugarcube, and while not optimal for this type of game it has the benefit that a lot more people knows HTML and Javascript than ie. Java or Python. If the dev will go down the Girl Life path and have a lot of people collaborate on the project, I think it could have potential. They could host the game online, free it from its Twine/Sugarcube dependency, and collaborate through ie. github. If not, I think there's more value in the framework itself than whatever game it's being used for. He could license it out to others who want to make text based games but don't want to create their own framework. Not sure if the Twine/Sugarcube dependency would prevent him from doing that from a legal pov, but it's interesting to think about. Of course, he would also need to protect his code from being copied somehow (what newlife is doing).

TLDR; All the big erotic lifesim games have their own strengths and weaknesses. I just don't think AW will turn out to be the Messiah of the genre, but I also want to be proven wrong.

Reactions: Belphegor007

mbRjpZLD

Apr 28, 2017
True, Newlife is struggling from a similar issue despite having fewer customization options for both players and NPCs, as well as more limited locations and features than what is planned for AW. Although, in the case of Newlife it might partly be attributed to a poorly planned framework foundation that results in problems snowballing and slowing down progress, combined with a dev that seems to be gradually losing interest in working with said framework. I still consider Newlife the best game of its kind though. And despite criticism of the dev, I still applaud their ability to keep deadlines and actually have a roadmap and a set timeframe for the project.
Well newlife at least uses a proper programming language and not just matchsticks. Newlife's problem is that the architect doesn't know how to build a cathedral and all you get is some coloured windows.

Reactions: Happenstance
2.20 star(s) 56 Votes