Arkady

May 15, 2018
I thought I'd finally give this one a try and... well, basically, I have to wonder, is there any (reasonably) current build that's not bugged to hell? (Or is nothing beyond the prologue really working the expected state of the game?)

cinemafreak

Aug 29, 2017
The newest build from today should be significantly less buggy. I tried a little of the public and it didn't mess up nearly as much, but it's just slightly more stable. would rather play the Patreon.

Last edited:
Reactions: idkmanidk

presario1000

Jun 18, 2018
This game is super frustrating because the writing is great, the setting is fun and unique, the character creation is exquisite, the UI is really friendly and detailed... And then the game starts, and there is very little content I can actually find, and it's all spread out over a town that is way too big and filled with place holders. Then even when you find some decent content, the game is ridiculously buggy to the point it's pretty much unplayable. There has been some improvement in QoL since the first time I tried this out, buttons to take you to work, or class, or a date rather than you just needing to remember when and where and how long it takes to get somewhere... but these buttons don't always work either.

It feels to me that the creator has a great vision for his world, but he's having problems delivering something worth playing because he's trying to do too much, in what might be the wrong engine for a game this involved.

chiyochan

Jul 12, 2019
This game is super frustrating because the writing is great, the setting is fun and unique, the character creation is exquisite, the UI is really friendly and detailed... And then the game starts, and there is very little content I can actually find, and it's all spread out over a town that is way too big and filled with place holders. Then even when you find some decent content, the game is ridiculously buggy to the point it's pretty much unplayable. There has been some improvement in QoL since the first time I tried this out, buttons to take you to work, or class, or a date rather than you just needing to remember when and where and how long it takes to get somewhere... but these buttons don't always work either.

It feels to me that the creator has a great vision for his world, but he's having problems delivering something worth playing because he's trying to do too much, in what might be the wrong engine for a game this involved.
Good games are hard to program especially on weak engines look at RPG maker games the best one I found was Charles Barkley Shutup and jam Gaiden and that is because the story was funny not because the engine was holding up.

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
It's still a very unstable alpha. I'm not sure you're supposed to play the game for entertainment yet. It's more to find and report bugs (which the game is absolutely filled to the brim with).

What annoys me though is the developer's focus, or rather the misdirection of it. Why on earth are they adding in-depth fetish content for pregnancies and shit like that instead of developing the core gameplay loop and THEN add fetish content? Makes zero sense.

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
Pregnancy content IS core gameplay you heathen!
I'm not talking about the ability to get pregnant though. I'm talking about fetish content, like in the latest changelog.

This shit;

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This has nothing to to with the core gameplay loop. It's added depth to a very particular part of the game, while many of the fundamental core aspects aren't finished (and in some cases not even implemented). Like the sex system, the NPC's, dating or relationships, for example.

Reactions: Bogojisem

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
If I'm playing Devil's Advocate - It can be a good idea to have all your major systems in place before really starting on the content, save you realising later down the line that something doesn't work or has to work differently, and having to remake a ton of existing scenes or other things.

I would also say that, if you're in a productive mood, but not for a certain type of work, it may be better to do that, than do something else badly, or do nothing. Like, personally, I write when I'm in a more creative mood (and have the privacy to) and code when I don't have any good writing inspiration (or lack privacy).

I'm gonna be honest though, at this point, I'm more worried that the game's going to have so many potential variables that just making content for it will take a herculean effort. I mean it's nice that they're trying to offer a lot of options, and some of it can be automated, but the sheer bulk of the game seems overwhelming and unwieldy.

Though, I went to play the game to see what content is in the game now (I've played many versions but not for a while) and finish off this post with something of substance, but I've somehow broke it. Or my PC, or something. I sat through a bit of the really long intro, got to making the sex stats, and for some reason had really unfavourable skill point costs. Alright, no back button. Restarted, did it again with a new job, it worked. Saved template, carried on with game. Realised I forgot to set cheats. Restart again, load the template, doesn't work. Load template again, does work. Fucked something else that I now forget, go to restart again, and now it keeps throwing up an error about not being able to load the assets. Nothing moved. I'm starting to feel like this game doesn't want me to play it. Like, it wants to exist, and to grow, but not really do anything.

gmalken

Dec 29, 2018
Tried a few runs, some really basic elements that stood out as in need of attention.

Schrodinger's workplace -- the only way to 'get to work' is to be in the bedroom at a certain time in the morning to click the 'work button. If you are ready to work before that, you just have to loiter in your house until the magic time on the clock. Worse, if you are LATE for work, driving to your work location to show up manually will result in the workplace buttonbeing non-interactable and a tooltip message saying you aren't working there so you can't go in. Apparently, your workplace only exists in your bedroom fantasies, and has nothing to do with the real world. :p

Food/hunger/health.....is wonky. Purchased food ingredients from the local gas station to stock up on groceries, bought a couple of everything. Went to cook food, only one of the three recipes is even clickable, and cooking fried egg (even with a starting out 20-30 cook skill) results in an inedible outcome. So, despite stocking up on groceries, my character slowly starves to death over the folllowing week.

Speaking of needs not being met, I also reached an exhausted/sleepy status. No amount of sleep or attempted napping would restore. Going into bedroom with mattress/pillows, click 'sleep' get message about being unable to rest, click to try to sleep anyway ((why is my character unable to rest despite having sleepy/exhausted status???)) upon the wakeup from sleep, the game freezes and have to click the escape button to get out of.... coma?

Text message stuff -- how does this work? Get a pop-up with a message from Toby, he asks what's up, try to click on respond line to progress interaction -- nothing happens, get error message. Text message with the first girl worked like once,bugged after that.

So yeah, just basic day to day functionality... can't always work, can't eat, can't sleep, can't operate phone......

Reactions: snooze321

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
  • Anal sex is now a thing, there are two anal sex positions.
    • The lubrication system has not been added, so the game assumes your ass is as lubricated as your pussy is. This is temporary, obviously.
    • NPCs can cum in your ass, but this doesn't necessarily mean they won't pull out and cum somewhere else such as your ass or groin...
Nice, but,
  • Anal sex is significantly less likely to bring the player to orgasm.
what if I have the Buttslut sexual trait?

Meanwhile, players can have a tail now... that's... good.
I'm glad that stuff like being part cow is receiving development time but not stuff related to the character customization you did in the prologue.

James009

The Gravewalker
Jun 4, 2018

1575992496308.png

The Horror Release - v0.28 Re-Release (free)
We hope you enjoy it!
(MEGA, 394MB)

Reactions: sparrow_rose

PregKing

Aug 13, 2019
The 'sexy' depends on personal opinion. There are some ones that I like in game, but to each their own.

Hopefully jjhuff will upload the 0.29c version when they're able. 0.28 is the old patch from last month linked a page or two back. Edit: that was 0.27c linked 2 pages back.

Reactions: GTK/HLK and C4dn3
2.20 star(s) 57 Votes