Salminar

Aug 26, 2018
I tried, I tried I tried I triiiiiied but the more I read through this thread, the more my mind started blanking and I just decided, "screw it", and came to the latest page here and ultimately, just give it to me straight, BUT FROM EXPERIENCE ACTUALLY PLAYING ONLYPLEASE, how is the game right now?

I liked what I learned of it, and understand and even believe that patience is key but.. yikes, reading this thread fucked with my head, and I just need to know what it's like in the NOW rather than the THEN, so I have a better idea of what I should do, like how long before trying to play it seriously, etc.
Well i think this game will never be worth playing, honestly. Not because it's work in progress not because there are tons of bugs, lack of content or so many issues that crippled it so badly, but because the devs i think are not trying to ship a game.
All that is mentioned above could be changed and made into something worth trying, but the last part can't be changed.

I'm a developer and made a game younger, one of the few web browser game that reached the release and even got a sequel, i watched a lot all the competitors trying to make games to compete or do something else and there were only really a few that went to the end of the process. Many people think doing a game is easy, and programming is easy, and i must say some stupid teacher in university teach this to their students, that's not true. At some point if your code is too bulky, no matter what computer, how powerful it is, you will reach a dead end.

Now why do i say all this, i made a game a lot more complicated than AW, but i used the right tools for it, here it use twine, it's based on javascript, something that was never meant to do this kind of stuff. JS do not correct it's faults, it do not have an efficient memory management and most than anything it's really dependent of the browser. So it was a really bad chose to start, RPG maker would have been a lot more smarter but alright.

Secondly they do not have a clue of how to lead a project, they can't get the bases working correctly and they are already spamming the code with placeholders everywhere and new features. They do not tests the new features as there is no content for it, but already add new content. Good luck debugging this shit.

And finally they are completely blind, only listening to a small community of fan that approve all they do i guess, cause there are many warning they are going in the wrong direction and they do not want to change it. Simple fact, their engine is already at the limit of breaking, (in fact it's passed the limit already) but they don't seem to realize it and don't want to change anything. Worst they are doing things worst.

If there is not a radical change in how the team manage the game, it will be abandoned before having real content after maybe one or two years of painful agony.

Twistedcat8

May 15, 2018
I tried, I tried I tried I triiiiiied but the more I read through this thread, the more my mind started blanking and I just decided, "screw it", and came to the latest page here and ultimately, just give it to me straight, BUT FROM EXPERIENCE ACTUALLY PLAYING ONLYPLEASE, how is the game right now?

I liked what I learned of it, and understand and even believe that patience is key but.. yikes, reading this thread fucked with my head, and I just need to know what it's like in the NOW rather than the THEN, so I have a better idea of what I should do, like how long before trying to play it seriously, etc.

The game right now is okay once you get used to what is there and isn't there. For instance if you love pregnancy content, well good for you the game actually has some nice pregnancy content; while there isn't much of it I do think there is more of it then anything else currently in the game. As I stated in my review the game is slowly starting to go somewhere. It seems as if a lot of the micro managing and behind the scenes scripting work has finally been finished for now. So I would assume more actual content is on the way, but the problem with that is apparently the creator's wife is having medical problems(cancer iirc) thus content might be slower than expected because of real life issues. I say this because some of the replies you have got don't seem to touch on this aspect and imo seem to be bad mouthing a creator.

Now for what is currently in the game it comes to be around 2 hours I would say of actual content depending on what you do. The game is a life sim thus you do have to micromanage some things, which if you are not playing with a version that has cheats can be annoying. The game also does start eating a lot of RAM when you play for awhile though they seem to have fixed a bug which seems to have been causing the problem to be worse.

My feeling is for this and many other projects still in development. Give it a try see if you like what is there or could like what is going to be there in the future and just check in every now and again.

Reactions: KekKoo

n0-floW

Dec 3, 2017
anyone got this : o
The Body Release - Version 0.30
unfortunately this version isn't available even on yiff party website that specializes in leaking patreon posts (the latest they have is also 0.27.1). It seems like nobody cares anymore about posting new versions of this game (well, it's $5 for release, $10 for cheat version or $20 for elite) or someone (*cough*ThaumX*cough*) is good at preventing AW updates from leaking.

Edit: Spent a while searching - the whole World Wide Web is quiet about newer version than 0.27.1...

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Featherine

Yorekani

Dec 12, 2019
Just enough content and bugfixes to sap any will to play older versions, because a bug becomes even more irritating when you know it's already fixed, just that the fixes aren't applied to the public versions ahead of time, I assume. I feel pretty confident in this assumption because if they can't bother to keep track of all the fixes, I doubt they'd be able to duplicate those fixes to another version easily.

On that note, changelogs like this are cute to read, but if it isn't communicated to the players, it may as well not have happened.
A lot of minor bug fixes and little improvements that I didn't bother to write down and thus don't remember!
It's no wonder they sounded rather unappreciative about bug reports from players using the public version. I'd be bummed out too if I was (told) to chase a bug that's already been fixed. In my opinion, the simple solution to this is to carry over the bugfixes to the public version, but oh well.
If they wanted it to be especially organized, they could split up the changelog into two parts. One part details the changes which concern both the new patreon build and the upcoming public build* while the other part concerns the changes which will remain patreon-only. I'd definitely care a lot more about that distinction compared to who did what. Besides, it's not like they have no other ways to indicate that if they wanted to.

*Public versions aren't released simultaneously, but in tandem, so their releases should be roughyl two weeks apart each month as long as they stay on schedule.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Beggarman

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Yeah, it's a real pro-gamer move to put your public version on such a long delay that bug reports become completely useless. You know, the one thing people who can't support you financially are generally happy to contribute. But hey, at least the monetization is on point - gotta sell that "early" access to the already month-old version, "early-early" access to the actual current version and of course the dev tools/cheats to work around all the bugs nobody reports before the codebase is 2 months ahead again.

nightsight

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2019
PK you are very verrry generious with this thank you , i have 5$ on paypall i cant buy anything for along while -.-

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018
How the hell are you meant to get a lover prologue ending with Lily without cheating? Is it just hard-locked to certain personality and sexuality setups?

DDetrix

Sep 4, 2017
I don't get this. You're a girl, a very attractive girl... but you have to build up your seduction skill? But why? I feel like a guy in the game, maybe you could say a guy pretending to be a girl. Am I suppose to feel that way?

Reactions: YesmanYes9999

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
How the hell are you meant to get a lover prologue ending with Lily without cheating? Is it just hard-locked to certain personality and sexuality setups?
If you're referring to having sex with Lily in the intro, I think you do need to at least partly spec for it. The only attempt of mine that worked was going for a character with max seduction (and maybe a high sex skill, not certain if that was necessary though) and that required a background with a decent conversion rate for those skills. My more balanced builds never worked. Though, with how much time it takes to roll a new char, I didn't test the limits of what works and what doesn't.

Unfortunately I can't actually go back and verify this because the new version also refuses to load resources and start the game (at least on my main PC). I've already done the usual checks and I get the feeling that not much was added that I want to see, so I'm just going to take my own advice and come back in a few years.

Aug 13, 2018
If you're referring to having sex with Lily in the intro, I think you do need to at least partly spec for it. The only attempt of mine that worked was going for a character with max seduction (and maybe a high sex skill, not certain if that was necessary though) and that required a background with a decent conversion rate for those skills. My more balanced builds never worked. Though, with how much time it takes to roll a new char, I didn't test the limits of what works and what doesn't.

Unfortunately I can't actually go back and verify this because the new version also refuses to load resources and start the game (at least on my main PC). I've already done the usual checks and I get the feeling that not much was added that I want to see, so I'm just going to take my own advice and come back in a few years.
You have to min-max just to get in the pants of the only decent character in the game. Truly, this is the future of gaming.

I've always managed to successfully seduce her in the "Learning About Your Body" segment, but I did some digging and found some allusions to another scene, so maybe that's what's missing for the starting relationship after the prologue.

nielsen145

Donor
Oct 29, 2019
first time playing, we rekindled our feelings, after i moved out and later on game crashed and i did not save :/
2nd time, did not happend for me lol
anyways i love the prologue, but i dont love the main game haha and its kind of weird, normally for me, i have the prologue and love the main game mostly

Jul 31, 2018
I don't get this. You're a girl, a very attractive girl... but you have to build up your seduction skill? But why? I feel like a guy in the game, maybe you could say a guy pretending to be a girl. Am I suppose to feel that way?
That was also my feeling. Thought it would be more like NewLife where if your attractive, guys would slobber all over you. What I think I understand from the game though, is that it's still in such an early form that dating and attractiveness mechanics arent properly working yet.

Hopefully this all gets fixed to our liking because the setup for the game is incredible.

This update seems really cool tho.

Reactions: DDetrix
2.20 star(s) 57 Votes