Twistedcat8

May 15, 2018
That was also my feeling. Thought it would be more like NewLife where if your attractive, guys would slobber all over you. What I think I understand from the game though, is that it's still in such an early form that dating and attractiveness mechanics arent properly working yet.

Hopefully this all gets fixed to our liking because the setup for the game is incredible.

This update seems really cool tho.

Unless you are playing the from the girl start, god no it doesn't need to be "fixed". One of the biggest problems imo that NewLife had and still has is that the second you transform into a female the game just makes it seem like you were female your whole life. Nothing to even make it seem like you might find men more attractive now or anything even close to what would be going on in you or your character's head if such a thing was to actually happen. All of a sudden you go from a seemingly straight male to a straight female that is willing to hop on a dick if it fits with what you make the character think is attractive, little to no hesitation about it aside from the standard, but it is my first time stuff, after that you have no problem with it. Thus if this isn't important to the game why have it in the first place.

Accidental Woman on the other hand tends to frontload a lot more of these things from what I can tell so far in that for right now a lot the transformation from physical effects to potential emotional/mental effects are all pretty much said in the prologue since that tends to be where most of the actual story content is. Once you get out of the prologue it is pretty much a sandbox that doesn't touch on anything else iirc.

Maybe the stat could be changed to seduction skill in female form or something similar since, what you used as a male in your supposed life before the transformation probably won't work as well. That is the way I see it anyway hell just think maybe the creator is thinking it is how you use your body in a seductive way like it would take practice to move around in a completely new body let alone a complete sexual change as well.

Overall there is a fuckton of work that needs to go into the game.

chiyochan

Jul 12, 2019
Unless you are playing the from the girl start, god no it doesn't need to be "fixed". One of the biggest problems imo that NewLife had and still has is that the second you transform into a female the game just makes it seem like you were female your whole life. Nothing to even make it seem like you might find men more attractive now or anything even close to what would be going on in you or your character's head if such a thing was to actually happen. All of a sudden you go from a seemingly straight male to a straight female that is willing to hop on a dick if it fits with what you make the character think is attractive, little to no hesitation about it aside from the standard, but it is my first time stuff, after that you have no problem with it. Thus if this isn't important to the game why have it in the first place.

Accidental Woman on the other hand tends to frontload a lot more of these things from what I can tell so far in that for right now a lot the transformation from physical effects to potential emotional/mental effects are all pretty much said in the prologue since that tends to be where most of the actual story content is. Once you get out of the prologue it is pretty much a sandbox that doesn't touch on anything else iirc.

Maybe the stat could be changed to seduction skill in female form or something similar since, what you used as a male in your supposed life before the transformation probably won't work as well. That is the way I see it anyway hell just think maybe the creator is thinking it is how you use your body in a seductive way like it would take practice to move around in a completely new body let alone a complete sexual change as well.

There is much the game needs in every level from story,city, clothing and items, sexual relationships/sex, persona and daily life. As it stands the game is not much but gateways to a possibility but that's it too much greyed out options/not implemented which is expected for a game that says its 0.30 that's only 1/3 of the game supposedly done. I think a masculinity level or tomboy trait that gives options might be the best answer. A creation of a masculinity level could be there to keep your interest in woman more but too high could arise suspicion to which the prologue hinted upon. Too low and your body craves men to the point you cant resit their advances or outright become a bimbo. Truth be told I don't know which is worse having tons of possibilities and little current access or current access but being dry bone and no expansion created.

By the way the Auto-saves are a issue to Sugartwine and NPCs from what I read only use save to disk and load to disk

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
For the .30 version.. any idea on how to survive past day 2 after the prologue? Get the starvation effect (which was supposedly fixed .28 and keep dying after sleeping on day 2. no amount of restaurant eating helps, no cooking helps, cant otherwise eat. this is kinda lame..

hanswon

Mar 16, 2019
Anyone else have the problem where, like, all the NPCs are "fake NPCs" with gray RDJ and gray cartoon chick photos?

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
which is expected for a game that says its 0.30 that's only 1/3 of the game supposedly done.
Excuse the nitpick but it's one of my pet peeves in these communities: There's no default relation between version number and game percentage, especially when their system is just a straight count of '30 full updates released so far'.

However, it certainly feels accurate here ;)

DDetrix

Sep 4, 2017
Unless you are playing the from the girl start, god no it doesn't need to be "fixed". One of the biggest problems imo that NewLife had and still has is that the second you transform into a female the game just makes it seem like you were female your whole life.
So that's what I was thinking. The game is designed to appeal to the transformation over actually being female. It seems like many transformation games are design to transform others and maybe including a controlled character. Has a kind of violation appeal I think.

Sure Lily totally violated the MC but her personality is... off. The narrative is more like you violated her and are now attempting to complete the plan by sexually violating her. Personally, I would find the opposite more appealing. For Lily to attempt to make the MC her play thing would at least reinforce the being desired element of being a female. Of course, it could be not their desired outcome and you are suppose to feel out of place. (transformed)

Jul 31, 2018

Well yes I do play both games from the female start. M2F transformation isn't my thing, but both these games seem to want to offer deep character customisation that allows for female starts. While you may be right that NewLife doesnt deal with the M2F stuff very well, what it does do very well is offer massive consequences for every character trait in both the pc and npcs. For example, as me and Devacore were talking about, attractiveness: in Newlife being super attractive had big consequences! Most npcs would treat you very differently! In this game at the moment, not really at all.

Maybe I'm missing the events where it's taken into account, but dating feels like an uphill battle. All men seem very uninterested, and that doesn't fit into my playstyle at all. As all the systems and customisation in this game seems to be building up to allowing for varied playstyles, I hope they are intending to allow for my playstyle as well as yours. But at the moment, I'm not sure if anyones playstyle has been implemented very well yet. We shall see with more updates!

Reactions: lewdviticus

chiyochan

Jul 12, 2019
Well yes I do play both games from the female start. M2F transformation isn't my thing, but both these games seem to want to offer deep character customisation that allows for female starts. While you may be right that NewLife doesnt deal with the M2F stuff very well, what it does do very well is offer massive consequences for every character trait in both the pc and npcs. For example, as me and Devacore were talking about, attractiveness: in Newlife being super attractive had big consequences! Most npcs would treat you very differently! In this game at the moment, not really at all.

Maybe I'm missing the events where it's taken into account, but dating feels like an uphill battle. All men seem very uninterested, and that doesn't fit into my playstyle at all. As all the systems and customisation in this game seems to be building up to allowing for varied playstyles, I hope they are intending to allow for my playstyle as well as yours. But at the moment, I'm not sure if anyones playstyle has been implemented very well yet. We shall see with more updates!
Thats another issue personalty and persona are very bare bones. I expected more persona from the characters since it has many factors tracking it. Once again I know what they are completing first but its leaving many features untouched that could give the game more life and give reason to have that.

DDetrix

Sep 4, 2017
Thats another issue personalty and persona are very bare bones. I expected more persona from the characters since it has many factors tracking it. Once again I know what they are completing first but its leaving many features untouched that could give the game more life and give reason to have that.
I'm wondering if the current state is the designed state. So let's say the attraction system is going to epic but for the time being why not just add the bonuses to the seduction skill. If you want to get fancy take the female stat like weight * by NPC preference then add to seduction skill. (repeat for all stats)

I can see a temporally solution to personalities, as well. To me, I have a feeling what we see is what we get and the 'dream' is just an illusion. I'm not selfish, I hope the intended audience is happy now and will be happy with the final product. (I'm just not their intended audience)

Jul 31, 2018
I'm wondering if the current state is the designed state. So let's say the attraction system is going to epic but for the time being why not just add the bonuses to the seduction skill. If you want to get fancy take the female stat like weight * by NPC preference then add to seduction skill. (repeat for all stats)

I can see a temporally solution to personalities, as well. To me, I have a feeling what we see is what we get and the 'dream' is just an illusion. I'm not selfish, I hope the intended audience is happy now and will be happy with the final product. (I'm just not their intended audience)
Well again, from what I understand, the actual 'content'-adding process hasn't even been started yet, so I think it is quite possible that everything we've talked about could get added later. They just seem expectedly behind schedule so it may take years.

Salminar

Aug 26, 2018
I tried this version by curiosity and can't even save. Each time i got an error. Was already an issue with the previous version, ones your game have a few days old in game you have JS errors and one prevent you from saving, asking you to start a new game. Looks like this is still not fixed and it's really something that will doom whatever they want the game to become.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I tried this version out after skipping a couple because I just couldn't stand the idea of replaying the prologue for an hour just to get a few minutes of new content (it is IRRITATING AS FUCK that the dev doesn't allow the player to skip the prologue when every new version wipes out the "completed prologue" accomplishment from the previous version). Saves from previous versions crash on sleep after a couple of days.

The good news is that there was some genuinely new content in the lab technician job. So that's a sign that things continue to move along. The job stuff in general seems to work better without the wild fluctuations in job performance. The new portraits for the characters look nice and have the correct attributes. The cops no longer just murder you if your clothing is too skimpy.

A huge improvement is the "save flushing" system that gets rid of the bugged saves. I recommend doing all your saves to disk and flushing the save system every night before going to bed. That kills the crash on sleep bug, which is a major advance.

The game is still fatally broken, though. The "suicide after 8 days" bug is still there (the PC can go from happy to suicidal overnight). Possibly this is due to the fact that addictions like "sex addiction" are acquired almost immediately in this version (my PC was sex addicted in the first try and cum addicted in the second, both times on the second day) and the mechanism for satisfying the addiction isn't in place yet (no amount of sex satisfies the sex addiction, for example). Not even Dr Lector can help you. Once the addiction happens, you get a timer that tells you how long until the inevitable bad end (3 days or so). Addictions are about the only thing that doesn't seem curable through cheats. The game would work much better if additions were simply turned off.

You can (and will have to) cheat away tiredness in the middle of the day despite a good night's sleep (napping is too unreliable since you have no control over the length of the nap and might miss something), but I found cheating much less necessary in this version than in the past versions.

The dating/calendar system is still wonky. Dates disappear so the PC cannot attend them, but the subject of the date still thinks the date is in the future, so you cannot reschedule. Every single attempt to date has the NPC suggesting a date at 9 PM next Wednesday, and no NPC will accept any suggested date and time by the PC. Each time you suggest a new date and time the NPC counter-suggests with a new one, though, so by repeatedly offering and getting refused you can get a date and time that works for the PC. The calendar isn't visible when you are trying to set up a date, though, so you have to be careful not to schedule when you've already got something scheduled. You need to know when the PC has something scheduled, pick a day when there's nothing, and keep rolling the dice until that NPC suggests that day. Annoying, but workable... until that date simply disappears off your calendar!

I also tried out FF sex in this version. Not much fun, as the player has no control over what the NPC does, and she can go two hours (something like 40 actions) without doing anything sexier than kissing and cuddling. The PC can get the NPC off many times in that period without getting off in return.

As others have noted, even beautiful and sexy PCs have a very hard time getting some actual sex, except through "Tingler hookups" which count for nothing except to reduce arousal, just like masturbation. Even when the calendar is still working early in the game, dates will often refuse to come back to the PC's place for sex.

So, the game seems to have made progress, but a number of fatal flaws that have been with the game from the start still make it scarcely worth playing except to see the world-building. It may well be that the game has grown beyond the capacity of the program to handle it, and the fatal bugs can't be avoided. I hope that's not true, because this game possesses enormous potential and the writing remains the best in any game here.

Aug 7, 2017
The biggest problem I think with the game is that development "appears" to be unfocused for lack of a better word. I don't really keep up with discord discussions and the like, so it may be different than what I'm seeing on the surface.
For example, sure there's a sex system now, but it's still half developed in that whatever character you're with won't do anything unless you kickstart an action. They're happy just doing "kissing" actions and the like until kingdom come. It's been in this state for quite a while now and seems almost frozen. Other parts of development like throwing in all these new jobs while you still have the original three jobs that need flushing out seems misguided.
Critically I feel like the game needs the sex system finished, NPCs fixed up, and then finally events to use the built up systems. It just feels like thaum is kinda jumping around with some stuff while the skeleton still needs work. I'd even argue that most of the stores and items in game should have been thrown in way later in the dev cycle

However, according to thaum's new blogpost, .31 is going to focused on finishing the sex system and doing some story related stuff, so this may change in the near future.

chiyochan

Jul 12, 2019
If you start seeing an error when trying to save the game, the error is going to persist until you run the save system flushing code I build into the "delete all" command. First of all, save your game to a file so you don't lose it. You can load other saves you wish to keep, and then save to file as well. Once you have, press the "delete all" button on the save menu, or use the save wipe found in the game settings page. Once you do this, close the game and reload it.

Prevention: The most surefire way to prevent this issue from cropping up is to use the "save to file" and "load from file" options to save and load your game. This bypasses the SugarCube plugin that's causing the problem altogether. Another option is to reduce the number of NPCs in your games in the system settings menu, which will reduce the likelihood of the error occurring.

Cause: The exact cause is unknown. It's related to the SimpleStore code found inside the SugarCube story format, and I'll figure out what's happening eventually. It doesn't seem to be an issue related to save file size, at least not directly. I suspect it's related to the addition of SVG data to the female NPCs, based simply on the timing. It's likely to be a timeout issue that occurs when save data is being serialized for storage in a cookie.

Reactions: Beggarman

deepcool

Aug 26, 2016
in Newlife being super attractive had big consequences! Most npcs would treat you very differently! In this game at the moment, not really at all.
Sorry to go off topic here, but can you expand on this? I always thought it was just for some flavor text

2.20 star(s) 58 Votes