youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
AccursedEmmasPath-0.1.23aRC
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Lerial

Nov 12, 2018
I agree and also disagree. I think Cyberpunk and fallout are really bad examples, since the launches were so horrible, but I also think there is nothing wrong with going back and fixing minor issues or changing some things after having finished an act of the game
to be fair, 2077 and fallout 76 also launched as full price, AAA 'finished' games.
that's not really the case here. it's all about context.
focusing so much on just polishing what's here is massively slowing down new content, which is how you get and maintain interest for a project like this.
and sure, 'finishing an act' and doing a clean up release wouldn't be a terrible idea, but, he also hasn't really bothered finishing an act due to all the polishing.

it's not like the game needs to take two years and have a perfect act 1 with like, 10 scenes.
and no one says, don't work on some past stuff to get it right, merely, don't focus on it almost EXCLUSIVELY and massively slow down any actual progression the game has.

i mean, the patch notes talk about what, maybe 2 new scenes, and then a dozen pictures for people we don't give the slightest of fucks about, some don't even have names, and a revision of a dozen scenes. it seems like most updates are like, 'here's two cg that aren't worth flogging the log too, and 2 dozen other changes'.
maybe make that like, once every 5 updates or something, instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ion.TemUS

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
The dryad quest for Sophie is bugged, you do not get the package after you blow the dryad for it ,to give to her to end the quest

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
to be fair, 2077 and fallout 76 also launched as full price, AAA 'finished' games.
that's not really the case here. it's all about context.
focusing so much on just polishing what's here is massively slowing down new content, which is how you get and maintain interest for a project like this.
and sure, 'finishing an act' and doing a clean up release wouldn't be a terrible idea, but, he also hasn't really bothered finishing an act due to all the polishing.

it's not like the game needs to take two years and have a perfect act 1 with like, 10 scenes.
and no one says, don't work on some past stuff to get it right, merely, don't focus on it almost EXCLUSIVELY and massively slow down any actual progression the game has.

i mean, the patch notes talk about what, maybe 2 new scenes, and then a dozen pictures for people we don't give the slightest of fucks about, some don't even have names, and a revision of a dozen scenes. it seems like most updates are like, 'here's two cg that aren't worth flogging the log too, and 2 dozen other changes'.
maybe make that like, once every 5 updates or something, instead.
Yea Im with you on that. There is other projects im following as well rn that make the same mistakes. Redo the first part as a demo 5 times and add 1-2 new scenes each time, but worst case remove some of the older ones because you had to move things around. Barely any story progression, which is the aspect that has the most pull in early-access-style titles, just seeing it develop over time, esp. the narrative. That is one of the main reasons games that have no CG art at all are successful. Look at pixelart games. If CGs and sprites was everything people cared about these games would be dead on arrival. They are not tho. Art is great and it immerses you a lot more, but if art was all there is to it then all of those asset-flips and A.I. generated surface-level games on DLSite would sell incredibly well. Yet it is the games that actually contain a decent narrative and great scenarios that do. Not the ones with the best gameplay, and not the ones with the best art.

It's narrative/scenarios (esp. sexual scenarios, kinks, fantasies) > gameplay (more like comfort of gameplay, such as how comfortable it is to play, if there is not too much grind, how easy to follow it is when it comes to instructions) > art (appeal of the artstyle, how well the archetypes and concepts are conveyed) > gameplay (engagement and variety of tasks and quests) > art (how "shiny" and "perfect") the art looks. That is kind of the order of priority if you ask me.

New scenes are the A and O of any good continuous-development game project. And narrative to keep the parts of the game cohesively together. Redoing a prior scene or prior quests/gameplay or narrative to "improve it" out of perfectionism misses the point, you can do that after launch, or after having finished one act of a game. Esp. if it's playable and decent to look at.

3.70 star(s) 20 Votes