4.30 star(s) 77 Votes
Sep 3, 2020
also, what's up with so many sudden "update when" posts?
sometimes the rl takes priority, but that doesn't mean I'm not working on it

in the meantime, u guys can enjoy the new Fog Of War, CoMS, Projekt Passion, WestView Academy or RedLucy update :)
I don't know YunoI'm still making up my mind about fog of War

can't seem to avoid a kiss with a certain character and you know how I don't like force relationships

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
It's easy enough to see what progress reports have been posted on Patreon:

Not being a Patreon I can't see the details, but Progress Reports 2, 3 & 4 have all been posted at f95. Perhaps #1 as well, though I'm not sure.

So while I'm sure we'd like to hear from Yuno Gasai more regularly, a progress report every month or two isn't terrible? Yuno explained why they're not more frequent.
As I said, it was a quick and dirty search and have put an excuse later on. I could have easy deleted the post after I noticed my mistake but decided against it. My balls are clearly not shrinking 'cause ofit, and it wont hurt my ego if I stand for my errors

Donjoe81

Dec 30, 2022

in the meantime, u guys can enjoy the new Fog Of War, CoMS, Projekt Passion, WestView Academy or RedLucy update :)
I totally understand your point and rl should always have priority. Sure there are arrogant people who believe you work for them and they “deserve” an update every month, but I think the majority of people are just emotionally invested in your game, because you´ve done a good job with it.
If I could give you an advice, it would be to give the people some information of the game development every now and then, just to give them a heads-up.

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
they “deserve” an update every month, but I think the majority of people are just emotionally invested in your game, because you´ve done a good job with it.
Yes , this is a unique Great game , Yes I am emotionally invested in the game , but you are wrong cause I love this game to want an update every hour or every day / week not every month that is tooooo long for me :ROFLMAO: :p.thank you very much Yuno Gasai

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018

This is because the current trend of dev milking the patreons and actually not doing any work. The best practice should be pausing payments if there is extended delays due to rl stuff as supporters expect some content if they are paying. If you're working on it, then some rough update once a month on the progress is only fair to the supporters.

If these practice isnt followed, a lot of criticism should be expected. If you're following LewdLab footstep; you'll end up F95 enemy #1 very fast. That dev was loved by a lot of people but now is extremely criticized and hated. Hope you dont fall into that category.

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
This is because the current trend of dev milking the patreons and actually not doing any work. The best practice should be pausing payments if there is extended delays due to rl stuff as supporters expect some content if they are paying. If you're working on it, then some rough update once a month on the progress is only fair to the supporters.

If these practice isnt followed, a lot of criticism should be expected. If you're following LewdLab footstep; you'll end up F95 enemy #1 very fast. That dev was loved by a lot of people but now is extremely criticized and hated. Hope you dont fall into that category.
I'm all for posters taking their shots at dev here for milk behavior. Heck I logged in today to see my own opinioned pick on the biggest one out there having finally released their annual update today, and even smiled when I noticed their Patreon account had lost a few hundred subs since last I saw. But good lord lol.

This is a piracy board people come to to steal games man. Contrary to the narrative some people often spin here, in Reality Land this board is in no way a "friend" to game developers. Nor do any of the devs out there, especially any who actually make a decent chunk monthly money doing this, ultimately care whether anybody here categorizes them as "enemy #1".

Lewdlabs isn't some newbie dev with a start-from-scratch amount of supporters. Who typically start off under the initial (and latter heartbreaking) misconception about what actually ends up amounting to an almost non-existent amount of click rate traffic one can rationally expect f95 to push towards their payment platforms. Lewdlabs, along with quite a few other devs out there, would like nothing more then for this website to cease to exist tomorrow lol.

Taking a look at this game I'd guess if this complaining isn't happening and taking place on his payment platforms...this dev ain't going to rightfully care at this point either.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
I'm all for posters taking their shots at dev here for milk behavior. Heck I logged in today to see my own opinioned pick on the biggest one out there having finally released their annual update today, and even smiled when I noticed their Patreon account had lost a few hundred subs since last I saw. But good lord lol.

This is a piracy board people come to to steal games man. Contrary to the narrative some people often spin here, in Reality Land this board is in no way a "friend" to game developers. Nor do any of the devs out there, especially any who actually make a decent chunk monthly money doing this, ultimately care whether anybody here categorizes them as "enemy #1".

Lewdlabs isn't some newbie dev with a start-from-scratch amount of supporters. Who typically start off under the initial (and latter heartbreaking) misconception about what actually ends up amounting to an almost non-existent amount of click rate traffic one can rationally expect f95 to push towards their payment platforms. Lewdlabs, along with quite a few other devs out there, would like nothing more then for this website to cease to exist tomorrow lol.

Taking a look at this game I'd guess if this complaining isn't happening and taking place on his payment platforms...this dev ain't going to rightfully care at this point either.
I would agree to disagree with you. i've supported a few dev here coz of the forum's exposure. I would never have known them if not for the leaks here. There are complains in Patreon/Discord and many people have pulled their support. It's just that there are some new people supporting the dev replacing the old.

I do agree with you that no dev cares being Public Enemy #1 here; but it does reduce their earning to some degree. Thank you for disagreeing with me in a polite way. Its rare here; we have a lot of people feeling they are the center of the universe and ALL CAPS when they disagree with someone.

Reactions: Ara-sH and Udayana

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
That's definitely not true, at least not for all.
Maybe for established devs with a good support behind them this forum is useless but for new devs with no following, this place is great and get their game noticed and get the support ball rolling.
Me for example, I would never discover titles such as Chasing Sunsets and would never buy it on steam if not for this forum and I would never contribute to or discover on my own titles like Unbroken.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
PROGRESS_UPDATE_JAN_26.png

Unlocked

Heya

Been a while since I did one of these, so here's how things are right now.

This past month I mostly worked on posing and trying to render some big scenes and my PC is really struggling with those. I have already ordered an rtx 4090fe (only possible 'cause of y'all supporting, tysm <3 <3) and hoping it'll be delivered sometime this or the next week. Until then, I'm more focused on post-working and patching, which to my surprise is turning out to be quite time-consuming.

Coming to the numbers, not a big bump from the last time but, it is what it is I guess (you can blame my rl work for being a real bitch this month ):

Post-worked: ~200
Rendered: ~580
Animations: 4 (~350 frames, this update won't be very big on anims)
Coding: ~250 lines

Also, since we are nearing the release and I want to devote all my available time to wrap this up asap, I will likely be skipping next month's wallpapers; tho don't worry, Paris won the last poll and she'll get her share of wps in the next few weeks.

That's all from me this time around, wish y'all a great and happening weekend.
Cheers!

XO.

Sep 3, 2020
View attachment 2341174

Unlocked

Heya

This past month I mostly worked on posing and trying to render some big scenes and my PC is really struggling with those. I have already ordered an rtx 4090fe (only possible 'cause of y'all supporting, tysm <3 <3) and hoping it'll be delivered sometime this or the next week. Until then, I'm more focused on post-working and patching, which to my surprise is turning out to be quite time-consuming.

Coming to the numbers, not a big bump from the last time but, it is what it is I guess (you can blame my rl work for being a real bitch this month ):

Also, since we are nearing the release and I want to devote all my available time to wrap this up asap, I will likely be skipping next month's wallpapers; tho don't worry, Paris won the last poll and she'll get her share of wps in the next few weeks.

Cheers!

XO.
FrayedImprobableElephant-max-1mb.gif

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Maybe for established devs with a good support behind them this forum is useless but for new devs with no following, this place is great and get their game noticed and get the support ball rolling.
Me for example, I would never discover titles such as Chasing Sunsets and would never buy it on steam if not for this forum and I would never contribute to or discover on my own titles like Unbroken.
i got a better one! the developer of love of magic without this forum would have never have started!
View attachment 2341174

Unlocked

Heya

Cheers!

XO.
your camwhore is still just a side fuck! while my carved slut is the main girl!

• Wow
Reactions: Darkdevil66

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
I wasn't making the claim that NOBODY here ever ends up fincially supporting a game. Just that in the grander scheme of things here what ultimately adds up to be a microscopic amount of outlier examples are just that man - outliers. Cherry picking them out in an attempt to highlight/use as supporting examples there is basically like pointing to the winning power ball lottery ticket and simply ignoring all the losers going in to that overall "how many people are winning" equation :)

In fact the dev of the very game you reference there has actually been pretty open and vocal in the past within his thread here on just how, and to directly quote them on this: "your estimate of how much of our income is derived from pirate sites is comically flawed", and "the suggestion that our own marketing efforts through Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Discord and other platforms do not account for much of our visibility is demonstrably untrue" .

Which if you are actually interested in that financial analytics aspect going in to this stuff can make for a pretty interesting read.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warscared

HrzWolf

Jul 31, 2021

What's CoMS?

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
A poor dev with poor observations. Picture my surprise.

That dev has amassed over 1300 patreon subs and from the look of it over on steam has probably done decently enough there given it's fairly well received reviews.

Looks like a pretty good overall return to me on a game like this with only 6 update releases since it launched 2+ years ago. I think it's a pretty safe bet that the only thing "poor" there is your completely empty of any actual substance assessment.

• Haha
Reactions: Chuck_Bass
4.30 star(s) 77 Votes