4.30 star(s) 77 Votes

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
The thing is that many devs don't create these games as their main job and have many other things to do in their life and with the quality of the renders that Yuno creates it takes even longer. All you can think of is that you want more, more and more not thinking about the circumstances of somebody else, even though you probably don't even pay for it. Just go play another game if you're so bothered by the fact, that it takes so long to update.
I understand. Still, it's a slow ass progress.
If the game is deep in development and there are several plot branches, cosmetics maybe and lots of characters it's understandable, not when it's chapter 2.
How can he expect people to pay $120 per year for 2 chapters a year? That's a total ripoff.

• Angry
Reactions: acondo and DeFuZe

Ze Därri

Feb 23, 2022
I understand. Still, it's a slow ass progress.
If the game is deep in development and there are several plot branches, cosmetics maybe and lots of characters it's understandable, not when it's chapter 2.
How can he expect people to pay $120 per year for 2 chapters a year? That's a total ripoff.
What do you mean expect? Where did they ever say something along the lines of if i don't have X amount of tier 3 supporters I'm not gonna continue making this game? Patreon is a platform for people who like the content and want to support the dev in this case. Also for tier 3 you also get early game access, a look at the renders during development and special renders for tier 3 supporters. It's up to the individual whether they want to donate or not but the dev doesnt suddenly work for them and much less for the people that don't pay.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DeFuZe

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
What do you mean expect? Where did they ever say something along the lines of if i don't have X amount of tier 3 supporters I'm not gonna continue making this game? Patreon is a platform for people who like the content and want to support the dev in this case. Also for tier 3 you also get early game access, a look at the renders during development and special renders for tier 3 supporters. It's up to the individual whether they want to donate or not but the dev doesnt suddenly work for them and much less for the people that don't pay.
small.595a49e5c89fb_DontFeedtheTrolls.gif.a20bea5de39e4e3c3088fe499522eb07.gif

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
It's up to the individual whether they want to donate or not but the dev doesnt suddenly work for them and much less for the people that don't pay.
You misunderstood me. People need incentive to donate and keep donating, nobody is doing it from the goodness of his heart(the patrons or the dev), IMO a chapter every 6 months or so, especially at the beginning of the development is a little lazy, why should people give him their hard-earned cash if he is not respecting it back by providing some content?

Reactions: BorgiaBou

Donjoe81

Dec 30, 2022
You misunderstood me. People need incentive to donate and keep donating, nobody is doing it from the goodness of his heart(the patrons or the dev), IMO a chapter every 6 months or so, especially at the beginning of the development is a little lazy, why should people give him their hard-earned cash if he is not respecting it back by providing some content?
Well, if people are ok paying the Dev, even if it takes a long time for updates, it´s non of our Business.
I just discovered the Game and it looks pretty decent, but I wouldn´t pay money for it, because the last update was a long time ago and the communication between the Dev and his Community doesn´t seem to be the best.
Again, there are so many other games out there, so why waste your time complaining.
If people want to pay 6 months for a bunch of Wallpapers, let them.

Reactions: sava75 and Lapsudit

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Well, if people are ok paying the Dev, even if it takes a long time for updates, it´s non of our Business.
I just discovered the Game and it looks pretty decent, but I wouldn´t pay money for it, because the last update was a long time ago and the communication between the Dev and his Community doesn´t seem to be the best.
Again, there are so many other games out there, so why waste your time complaining.
Jeez you make it sound like it's been years. :ROFLMAO:

Sep 3, 2020
well game development has slowed down a little

but last time I checked Yuno Gasai keeps in touch often

unless something has happened that I'm not aware of it's very easy to get in contact with
Yuno Gasai

Last edited:

Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
also, what's up with so many sudden "update when" posts?
sometimes the rl takes priority, but that doesn't mean I'm not working on it

in the meantime, u guys can enjoy the new Fog Of War, CoMS, Projekt Passion, WestView Academy or RedLucy update :)

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020

in the meantime, u guys can enjoy the new Fog Of War, CoMS, Projekt Passion, WestView Academy or RedLucy update :)
Sure if you say so :HideThePain:

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018

Lol i don't understand what's up with so many complains about the update either, i never saw so many people crying about a game update until now especially that you are active on platforms and make posts both here and on Patreon.

What's even more funny is that all the people complaining don't pay any money for this game, but for some reason they feel like they have to complain for nothing like they have been scammed or something :WaitWhat:

Fappable One

May 14, 2020
It's because you're silent, and other devs with similar games to this have updates out by now
Could've mentioned that here or on Patreon :cautious:

You do you :coffee:

• Angry
Reactions: vitor698

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Should just ban people off your thread who ask "Update When?" lets see how many bans you'll get.

While I get that the sort of "UpDaTe WhEn??????????????" posts are annoying, it's stupid and contraire to the sense behind a forum ban that sort of questions. If this ghost one time out of the bottle there is no way back and how long it takes till the next repated question that starts going nuts get's opressed is not a question of "if" but "when".

But on the other side...

Yuno Gasai has to admit that the comunication about (game)devlopement is lackluster. I understand that the zone is the last place to has the right to get the newest devposts, but even on patreon I (as a non patron) havent found in a quick and dirty search anything related to a devpost - and no, I don't talk about a bunch of polls.

If I have overseen something, I'm very sorry.

Yuno has some sort of name value 'cause of his/her (don't know) work in the past, and it looks like the dev is a victim of the own success.

/e

Sorry, I'm blind...

1674558283911.png

Sep 3, 2020
Should just ban people off your thread who ask "Update When?" lets see how many bans you'll get.
in my opinion, it's wrong to ban people just for asking when the update is and besides,
Yuno

is not the type of person

to ban someone just for asking an innocent question

as long as they're not being mean and they don't mean any disrespect Yuno Gasai what never ban someone

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Sorry, I'm blind...
It's easy enough to see what progress reports have been posted on Patreon:

Not being a Patreon I can't see the details, but Progress Reports 2, 3 & 4 have all been posted at f95. Perhaps #1 as well, though I'm not sure.

So while I'm sure we'd like to hear from Yuno Gasai more regularly, a progress report every month or two isn't terrible? Yuno explained why they're not more frequent.

4.30 star(s) 77 Votes