FRMC56

Dec 13, 2017
Totally agree ... with the pigtails she was unique ... now she looks like other girls from other games i played from this site ... not so special anymore ... sorry DrPinkCake, but for me it was a mistake to change her hair ... :( hope she will get her old hairstyle back ... because now she really look different, not so special like before ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I probably didn't need to spoiler that, but it's becoming a habit. :confounded:

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
What are the other high end stories? this one only ones ive come across
we aint spossed to mention other games on specific game discussion threads..but i'll put it in a spoiler and hope i dont get punched in the balls for doing so

Thierry29

Jun 3, 2017
Lot of reaction for the hairstyle of Megan......
But frankly guys, do you knows a long hair girl who stand always with the same hair style ? Megan is an actress she normaly change hair style a lot of. I hope to see more hair style on girls specially for the actress of the game. (like in real life)

FRMC56

Dec 13, 2017
What a meh update :confused:
Not trying to start an argument here since if this a honest post, I am curious to know what was 'meh' to you? Heck, even the dev might be curious (though this game's course is set, so changes are pretty much nil).

Was it just your playthrough that was meh or something else? It's just that I've seen this kind of post a lot on this site (as well as others), but with little or no context as to why. Now I wouldn't expect everyone to go into great detail, but I've always wondered if people are a little too quick to judge updates when maybe that particular update doesn't align with how they're playing the game/VN. And by that I mean the update usually is going to cover a variety of scenarios (especially with these kinds of games/VNs with multiple choices/paths) and if one sticks to only one route in the game it might make the update look short or incomplete. Sometimes, replaying the game/VN is required per update to really get a feel for all the changes.

Again, I hope I'm not coming off as someone trying to start something negative as everyone has a right to an opinion. But since this is one of the few games/VNs I've enjoyed lately, I'm always interested in reading about what other people think.

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
Well, that's really awesome to hear.

I was conflicted on whether or not I was being too focused on her feelings rather than my own...and I wussed out in the end. I suck. :teary:
I really have a hard time lying, even if it is just a game. I also don't feel like she would be the type of girl that fishes for compliments so the truth wouldn't devastate her. Of course that's only the truth for me. I'm sure there are plenty that did like the change.

Uwe Furtmustal

Mar 16, 2018
Lot of reaction for the hairstyle of Megan......
But frankly guys, do you knows a long hair girl who stand always with the same hair style ? Megan is an actress she normaly change hair style a lot of. I hope to see more hair style on girls specially for the actress of the game. (like in real life)

FRMC56

Dec 13, 2017
To my own disappointment, I ended up lying. Which upon reflection I wish I didn't because:

I really have a hard time lying, even if it is just a game. I also don't feel like she would be the type of girl that fishes for compliments so the truth wouldn't devastate her. Of course that's only the truth for me. I'm sure there are plenty that did like the change.
I can't argue with you there. Like I was trying to say, I was acting way too selfish in this instance and shouldn't have been too afraid to possibly hurt someone's feelings (especially just over something as simple as a hairstyle). But in the end I'm just going to roll with it and not make any changes to my playthrough until the end. I didn't start like this in the beginning to be honest, but I'm definitely now having more fun playing through this VN going with my initial gut feeling even though, thinking about it afterwards, I feel like I didn't make the best of choices.

Winterz

Jul 14, 2018
To my own disappointment, I ended up lying. Which upon reflection I wish I didn't because:

I can't argue with you there. Like I was trying to say, I was acting way too selfish in this instance and shouldn't have been too afraid to possibly hurt someone's feelings (especially just over something as simple as a hairstyle). But in the end I'm just going to roll with it and not make any changes to my playthrough until the end. I didn't start like this in the beginning to be honest, but I'm definitely now having more fun playing through this VN going with my initial gut feeling even though, thinking about it afterwards, I feel like I didn't make the best of choices.
I lied to. I totally hate the changed 'do, but seriously, how many of us would tell a girl the truth if we saw how much effort she put into something? See the magic of this situation is we SEE the effort, so we can't just fail to notice the new hair and end up on the couch for a week. At least the author doesn't subject us to the new shoes nightmare!!! (don't you notice something different, honey?)

FRMC56

Dec 13, 2017
I don't remember seeing it there before, so I'm guessing it's a new addition with the Chapter 5 update, but it was really awesome to see a 'Recommendation' section to the main menu. Not only does that help people find other games/VNs that possibly share similarities to Acting Lessons (which I've seen is a pretty common question that pops up from time to time in this thread), it's also a really cool way to give a shout-out to other developers.

Kudos to DrPinkCake for adding that section! I always appreciate more ways to find stuff to enjoy that I might have otherwise missed out on. :)

Reactions: joshrip
4.60 star(s) 810 Votes