W22N

Jan 5, 2018
I understand why a developer may be hostile toward a site like this, but deleting links as they get posted here is pointless, I mean if someone can post a link he can obviously post the new one as well.
That's a bit of an unfair take, mostly considering that neither pinkcake nor any other patreon developer is actually selling their game. On top of that it's worth mentioning that
a) pinkcake came from f95, he was getting advice, links and assets here until he grew enough to ditch the site and play this anti-piracy charade
b) most of his patrons tried pirated versions of his game (from this forum or others) and liking what he was doing, they decided to support him, so pirate sites work as advertisement
c) most of his discord mods are known users / mods from this site, taking a shit on every link posted here and giving them extra work is not only being a dick to them but also putting them in an uncomfortable position

felmaster

Oct 5, 2017
let's not be so pessimistic guys. maybe pinkcake spotted a bug or something and wanted to recall his work to fix it.

TheFinder

Jun 10, 2018
That's a bit of an unfair take, mostly considering that neither pinkcake nor any other patreon developer is actually selling their game. On top of that it's worth considering that
a) pinkcake came from f95, he was getting advice, links and assets here until he grew enough to ditch the site and play this anti-piracy charade
b) most of his patrons tried pirated versions of his game (from this forum or others) and liking what he was doing, they decided to support him, so pirate sites work as advertisement
c) most of his discord mods are known users / mods from this site, taking a shit on every link posted here and giving them extra work is not only being a dick to them but also putting them in an uncomfortable position
Maybe I didn't make myself clear, I agree with everything you said, I was saying that trying to stop his game from being shared here is useless, since sooner or later it WILL be posted; I'm following many games on this site and this is the only one I know of that has all these problems getting uploaded here, it's odd.

Reactions: W22N

TheFinder

Jun 10, 2018
let's not be so pessimistic guys. maybe pinkcake spotted a bug or something and wanted to recall his work to fix it.
Unlikely; the same exact thing happened with the last update as well, there is even a warning in the OP about this.

W22N

Jan 5, 2018
Maybe I didn't make myself clear, I agree with everything you said, I was saying that trying to stop his game from being shared here is useless, since sooner or later it WILL be posted; I'm following many games on this site and this is the only one I know of that has all these problems getting uploaded here, it's odd.
Yeah, I was mostly replying to the "understanding devs being hostile to these kind of forums". For me personally, doing this kind of stuff won't make me bring out my wallet make a speedrun for becoming patron of w/e paywall rank he has, if anything I'm less inclined to support him, which is something I planned on doing at some point. And honestly I get he's a big boy now, but it's not like he's at icstor level to try this to squeeze an extra k or two out of just reporting links for 2 days

Reactions: TheFinder

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
I'm pretty sure DrPink is aware it will eventually get shared and end up here. Weather it is a pointless endeavor to try and stop pirating, he has every right to try. Can't blame him for that.

I'm patient enough to wait till it drops here. :)

TheFinder

Jun 10, 2018
Yeah, I was mostly replying to the "understanding devs being hostile to these kind of forums". For me personally, doing this kind of stuff won't make me bring out my wallet make a speedrun for becoming patron of w/e paywall rank he has, if anything I'm less inclined to support him, which is something I planned on doing at some point. And honestly I get he's a big boy now, but it's not like he's at icstor level to try this to squeeze an extra k or two out of just reporting links for 2 days
That is true, that is why I said it was useless and the funny thing is that ICSTOR doesn't do this, nor any other developer that I know of.

TheFinder

Jun 10, 2018
I'm pretty sure DrPink is aware it will eventually get shared and end up here. Weather it is a pointless endeavor to try and stop pirating, he has every right to try. Can't blame him for that.

I'm patient enough to wait till it drops here. :)
I'm with you on this, he can do whatever he wants with his game, afterall a bit of wait won't kill anyone.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Guys, please stop asking for people to PM you links.

jvult

Apr 12, 2018
Everything I've seen (in my admittedly limited time on here) out of the dev has been very forthcoming and helpful. Maybe badgering the person providing us with the - let's be honest - best game on this site isn't a good idea?

Maybe a link is like a wizard. It will arrive precisely when it means to.

4.60 star(s) 805 Votes