KMJ96815

Mar 25, 2019
There was some emotional pandering and a few times the twists felt a little forced, but the bottom line to me with good storytelling more than anything else is whether I connect with the characters and care about them. On that level, it did that so it's good writing overall. The characters are relatable and unique in different ways that so far are MUCH stronger and more nuanced than the characters in the creator's new game at the college. (to be fair, only one episode for that one but in this game right away in the first episode I could tell the characters were going to be good) The fact that so many people that have played this game (I believe anyway) cared about the characters speaks as to the effectiveness of that writing, and for those that felt nothing for the characters, certainly nothing wrong with that but writing can't realistically impact 100% of readers.

Reactions: vanuyak

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
Here's my review of the game. Obviously spoilers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If I were to give it a score out of 10 I would give it a 5.5/10.
i suggest you to copy your post in the right Reviews place ; go up in this page ,in the right side where there are the stars and the numbers of reviews , here you will chose the number of star that you want to give to this game and it will open a window pop-up where you can copy the review that you have already done . After this you can confirm and the review will be posted in the right place , where everybody will be able to read further on

Rielo

Mar 20, 2018
i suggest you to copy your post in the right Reviews place ; go up in this page ,in the right side where there are the stars and the numbers of reviews , here you will chose the number of star that you want to give to this game and it will open a window pop-up where you can copy the review that you have already done . After this you can confirm and the review will be posted in the right place , where everybody will be able to read further on
Thanks, I'm new to this whole forum thing.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Huh, I finally got around to finish this game and in the end it pretty much played out the way I thought about as one possibility, just not the character I thought it would be.

Is there something like a perfect ending or will there always be something that pisses on your parade?

Reactions: vanuyak and Blayo

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
Huh, I finally got around to finish this game and in the end it pretty much played out the way I thought about as one possibility, just not the character I thought it would be.

Is there something like a perfect ending or will there always be something that pisses on your parade?
you can only save one

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
My choice was the other way around and while I didn't cry I would've liked a complete happy ending. At least I got Liam and he also found his sweetheart which is nice. And I kept Melissa.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

Regarding this week's status update, it is short and sweet.
5 big scenes remain to be posed and there's some code left to write. After this, beta testing and proofreading will start.
I'm fairly sure that the release will be sometime early May; I will announce a release date when beta testing begins.

Now for something different.

On this day, a year ago, I sat with a sweaty back and hands as I clicked the launch button on Patreon.
I had no expectations and thought that it was a stupid attempt at doing something I never could do.
Now, one year after, I'm working on a second game and I've been blessed to have almost 1000 current patrons and many more that have pledged over the year that has passed.
It's good to stop once in a while and look back at what you've achieved.
There's no better way to feel progression than to compare where you're at right now with what you did back then.

In this picture, we have some of the earlier renders of Megan, Melissa and Rena.

I remember I thought that they looked so good when I rendered them.

I'm not going to disrespect what I did, but I'm just going to appreciate what I've learned since.

If I started developing Acting Lessons today, the renders would have looked closer to these wallpapers in terms of quality.

Now, I didn't know what I was embarking on when I clicked that launch button a year ago.

But today I have never been more certain of where I'm going.

Cheers to all of you who support me, monetarily and in other ways!

You're the reason why I can keep doing this.

And if you doubt that, let me just say that Episode 2 of BADIK would have taken me over 1 year to develop at this quality without your pledges; that is if I could afford everything else needed to do this.

Let's see where year number two will bring us. I hope to be looking back at this post in a year and feel the same feeling as I do today.

Love

Dr PinkCake

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
I'm late to this party but I think i'm glad I tried this? It's insanely good obviously and bravo to DrPinkCake, but I also feel like I kind of want to hurt you right now for putting me through that. As much as I tried not to spoil this for myself, I'd caught from this thread that there was a fairly major decision coming close to the end of the game. Did not expect that though... Utterly heartbreaking. From what I've gathered from the walkthrough, I got one of the 'Good' endings!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sadly I'm honestly not sure if I want to play it again, making the other choice. My poor heart can only take so much ;) The fact that DrPinkcake denied me a Megan/Melissa threesome is also unforgivable.

Reactions: Blayo

GGXX

Jan 4, 2018
I want to say this is one of the best game in my opinion.

So I want to ask you guys. What are the best traits in your opinion?

4.60 star(s) 802 Votes