D

Dr PinkCake

ep2_waking_up_megan_look_closer.png
Nothing wrong with the story , but do you like the apperance of Megan?
I dont know, i thought she looked great in the scene before the robbery, but not so great after, weird.
The lighting in the store is pretty screwy, my bad. We all have different tastes in women too.
This is more or less how she will look from now on. You'll have to decide for yourself if you find it attractive or not. Thanks for the comment.

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
View attachment 95215

The lighting in the store is pretty screwy, my bad. We all have different tastes in women too.
This is more or less how she will look from now on. You'll have to decide for yourself if you find it attractive or not. Thanks for the comment.
probably just me but it is something with the Eyes that bother me (yes i look there too :) )

Reactions: Hyped

MrT37

Nov 26, 2017
Those brown eyes and olive complexion....:heartcoveredeyes:

Megan looks Latin/Mediterranean, underrepresented in vn's. Regardless, definitely one of the most unique looking models that I've come across. Loving Liam too, like a mix between Beavis and Leon from Curb. Hopefully some hi-jinx occurs with him at some point. More realistic/less crass approach to the story is a real plus too.

Seriously good intro @Dr PinkCake, this is one to watch :eazyHype:

Reactions: DanMachiFan

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
What the dev has to say about releasing 0.1 for free "Please note that this is a one time offer"

Single goal listed "When I reach 2000 Patreons I will be able to hire a voice actress for Megan."

Good but slightly inconsistent renders. Feels a bit like a Melody clone with unrealistic expectations from the dev. Will keep an eye on this one.

Reactions: animeking2264
D

Dr PinkCake

What the dev has to say about releasing 0.1 for free "Please note that this is a one time offer"

Single goal listed "When I reach 2000 Patreons I will be able to hire a voice actress for Megan."

Good but slightly inconsistent renders. Feels a bit like a Melody clone with unrealistic expectations from the dev. Will keep an eye on this one.
I'll be totally honest with you. I'm new to this scene. I've made games before (Two L4D/L4D2 campaigns with >500k downloads) but never worked with Daz3D or Ren'Py, let alone published a game this way. It is a scary journey once you press the upload button and reveal the hundreds of hours you've poured your heart and soul into.
I'm a pirate myself so I don't have anything against people pirating my game, hell I'm even expecting them to; I'm just glad that people are enjoying it! But doing this is very expensive, believe it or not. I'm paying out of my own pocket for everything and my computer is actively rendering 80% of the day atm. I don't feel it is wrong to ask for pledges to support that, but I'd never expect that people will pledge. That's just a happy bonus, second to people enjoying the game. But as I do a patreon campaign to support the project, it is very unfair to those who choose to support me to not give them something in return for it. In my research of Patreon creators of adult content most let patrons interact with the dev and see sneek peaks of what's to come etc as reward for their pledges. So I put that Episode 1 is free for everyone, but in the future I will personally not reach out to anyone that actively uploads the game to this site that would be hypocritical. Besides, I'm certain that it will be up within a day or two if people still are interested in the project.

For your second concern, I have looked in to voice actresses and wages. It is a profession. It is expensive. Also, if you have the demand that the actress must do all planned episodes it really adds up and there must be an incentive for her to commit to the project. Is it unreasonable with 2000 patreons? Yes maybe, but I can always adapt depending on the size of the donations. Once again, I am new to this. My only passion is to see this project through and adapt along the way. It is a learning process and no correct way of doing it. I just believe it is important to be transparent about it and be able to listen to feedback from the community.

I truly appreciate your concerns! They make me reflect and want to improve. I hope you'll stick around for the next update.

Mar 24, 2018
I'll be totally honest with you. I'm new to this scene. I've made games before (Two L4D/L4D2 campaigns with >500k downloads) but never worked with Daz3D or Ren'Py, let alone published a game this way. It is a scary journey once you press the upload button and reveal the hundreds of hours you've poured your heart and soul into.
I'm a pirate myself so I don't have anything against people pirating my game, hell I'm even expecting them to; I'm just glad that people are enjoying it! But doing this is very expensive, believe it or not. I'm paying out of my own pocket for everything and my computer is actively rendering 80% of the day atm. I don't feel it is wrong to ask for pledges to support that, but I'd never expect that people will pledge. That's just a happy bonus, second to people enjoying the game. But as I do a patreon campaign to support the project, it is very unfair to those who choose to support me to not give them something in return for it. In my research of Patreon creators of adult content most let patrons interact with the dev and see sneek peaks of what's to come etc as reward for their pledges. So I put that Episode 1 is free for everyone, but in the future I will personally not reach out to anyone that actively uploads the game to this site that would be hypocritical. Besides, I'm certain that it will be up within a day or two if people still are interested in the project.

For your second concern, I have looked in to voice actresses and wages. It is a profession. It is expensive. Also, if you have the demand that the actress must do all planned episodes it really adds up and there must be an incentive for her to commit to the project. Is it unreasonable with 2000 patreons? Yes maybe, but I can always adapt depending on the size of the donations. Once again, I am new to this. My only passion is to see this project through and adapt along the way. It is a learning process and no correct way of doing it. I just believe it is important to be transparent about it and be able to listen to feedback from the community.

I truly appreciate your concerns! They make me reflect and want to improve. I hope you'll stick around for the next update.
I'd say that was one of the best first releases I've played thaw came from someone new to Daz and Ren'py. Never gotten around to developing any games myself, maybe someday (or then I'll just tag along to someone's project x'D), but I can appreciate the effort and honesty that you've put into the game and the Patreon page.

The milestone is a bit weird though, and you've only got one. Nothing wrong with the milestone itself, but I'd maybe put in a few that are easier to achieve.

Keep at it, one of the more promising new games I've tried, and something about your style makes me feel like you might just be an exception when it comes to new devs disappearing after biting more than they can chew. But we'll see, won't we ;) Ambitious, good looking and definitely something I'll be keeping a close eye on.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@Dr PinkCake you have the right attitude going into this. That's good. I started on basically the same front as you, and yes it is expensive. I MAY turn a profit once its all said and done but I doubt it. But the main goal was to offset costs for something I wanted to do and judging by your post it seems you have the same mindset.

I agree with @Sir Cumference and you may want to set a smaller goal first. 2000 patrons is a lot :p

Sneakistepdad

May 19, 2017
kudos to Dr PinkCake, this game is one of the best I've played. the story feels really "impactful" to the player, love the build up, it feels really good playing this. the render is beautiful, not the best but still superb and also Megan is absolute beauty with that complexion <3

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Walk-through V0.1
Thank you for the walkthrough. It isn't necessary to finish the current content but I like how it explains the results of your actions.

For new players and future updates, be aware that the best response is often tied to the trait you chose at the start of the game! Don't be like me and completely forget about your trait as soon as you click to the next screen.

ShocLite12

Oct 24, 2017

I would actually be okay with this not having a voice actress. Sometimes giving a girl a voice works, but then there are other times when I think it ruins the work. My honest opinion is that the latter would happen with a voice actress.

D

Dr PinkCake

@Dr PinkCake you have the right attitude going into this. That's good. I started on basically the same front as you, and yes it is expensive. I MAY turn a profit once its all said and done but I doubt it. But the main goal was to offset costs for something I wanted to do and judging by your post it seems you have the same mindset.

I agree with @Sir Cumference and you may want to set a smaller goal first. 2000 patrons is a lot :p
Perhaps a smaller goal could be rendering Hi-res wallpapers (4k, FullHD, UWHD) of characters, every 100 patreons or so. While keeping the voice actress milestone as a final destination. I am aware that people are conflicted when it comes to voice acting; I've seen the good and the bad examples. Once the game gets traction I'll hold a community voting on what patreons like to see their money spent on.

4.60 star(s) 802 Votes