Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Well, the story is over, I chose Melisa's route since I liked her more than Megan, I don't know if there was a way to end both at the same time but I think I'm sad and happy, a teacher Liam, I know it's fiction and everything but I was happy when I found out that he overcome cancer

View attachment 935564
Me encanta! Obviamente Melissa es la mejor :love:

Well I've never gotten that ending but I guess it's the best or the second best. Of which I have seen the best ending for me is exactly the same as yours except that instead of Rena there is Elise who is a beautiful nurse who becomes Liam's girlfriend.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Paarl

Paarl

Dec 25, 2019
Me encanta! Obviamente Melissa es la mejor :love:

Well I've never gotten that ending but I guess it's the best or the second best. Of which I have seen the best ending for me is exactly the same as yours except that instead of Rena there is Elise who is a beautiful nurse who becomes Liam's girlfriend.
Where can I get that Melisa signature?

y concuerdo contingo, Melisa es la mejor

zhicai

Donor
Aug 19, 2020
Yeah, I respect this guy's work as the story, characters, and artwork are great, but I play these games as an escape from depressing reality so that kind of thing is not really what I'm looking for. The tragedy in this game was especially jarring because up until then it had a relatively lighthearted tone, albeit with some heavy themes as well, but I figured everything was eventually going to work out for everybody. I played Depraved Awakening recently as well which also featured some tragic stuff, but in that case it fit with the whole noir theme of the game so it didn't bother me. Another factor was that I was less attached to the characters in that game compared to this one, which I guess is a testament to the writing quality here.
I feel like it's natural to have this reaction to such a jarring twist. Like you said, it really does speak to how excellent the writing was. Like everyone else, I came out of this game emotionally devastated. However, the fact that it's lingered in my mind for over a week now really only makes me appreciate it all the more. I'm giving myself a cooldown period before I replay and aim for a less devastating ending.

Reactions: F-Zairo

G60LADDER

Apr 17, 2020
I feel like it's natural to have this reaction to such a jarring twist. Like you said, it really does speak to how excellent the writing was. Like everyone else, I came out of this game emotionally devastated. However, the fact that it's lingered in my mind for over a week now really only makes me appreciate it all the more. I'm giving myself a cooldown period before I replay and aim for a less devastating ending.
It's like life, really. You'll be hanging out and making plans with friends when you get the news that one of them died unexpectedly. It's definitely jarring, and that's what makes it realistic. I know many people play these sort of games as a form of escapism from RL, but I'm glad games like this one exist. Not everything about life is roses and lollipops, and it's okay that some games take a tragic turn. There's more than one type of release that people can have at the end of a game, and this one is a good example of it.

Last edited:

zhicai

Donor
Aug 19, 2020
It's like life, really. You'll be hanging out and making plans with friends when you get the news that one of them died unexpectedly. It's definitely jarring, and that's what makes it realistic. I know many people play these sort of games as a form of escapism from RL, but I'm glad games like this one exist. Not everything about life is roses and lollipops, and it's okay that some games take a tragic turn. There's more than one type of release that people can have at the end of a game, and this one is a good example of it.
Absolutely. Taking in a tragedy is just another dose of Adrenalin, not too dissimilar to well-made horror. After all, Shakespeare's greatest plays were tragedies. In this day and age, it's quite daring and noteworthy when done right. My immediate thought turns to Game of Thrones (the book and the first season of the series).

In the context of F95, there are very few storytellers who compare favorably to DrPinkCake.

GamerGod76

Mar 26, 2020
The very first VN i ever really played was Daughter for Dessert..then I found Acting Lessons. After the truly amazing writing,character depth and visuals, I was completely hooked on VN's. This game and DrPinkCake dont get as much praise as they deserve. I have never before or since had a game hit my feels like this game did. Acting Lessons and DrPinkCake dont get as much credit as they deserve I think. Looking forward to many more games from DPC for years to come.

Virgile85

Jan 21, 2020
Bad ending. Because mc could carry both of them out.or go in again and bring the other one out.but the writer took the unrealistic turn.Mark this when one of your loved ones is in trouble humans always do everything to save them.im really disappointed

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes