Echbert

Jun 21, 2018
Is it worth playing after Being A DIK? Is it as good or close to it?
Being a DIK is better but Acting Lessons is worth playing, so yes it's on BaD's level. It's much more of an emotional rollercoaster and would probably fall under the flat out Romance-Drama genre, as it's not afraid to punch you in the gut; While BaD is more of a college Rom-Com, it's written well, and is very well rounded, but it's much more jovial, leaving you with just a good time(think American Pie). There's a lot of jank as i'm pretty sure this was DPC's first project, but not only did i not regret playing it(multiple times), there's a genuine feel of authenticity to it, like DPC put a lot of heart into it. Imo it even makes BaD even better, as you can see how DPC took all the criticism and made improvements on almost all fronts(I played that first, but did another run after finishing AL).

A Disclaimer though, this game is much more Linear than BaD

Reactions: aura95

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
How do we get the Leah scene (alive) at the end?
See a step-by-step solution below.

For starters, a lyrical digression for Leah's fans ...dang I'm once again in the minority :KEK:
To save life of our beloved fiery Irish broad from execution by DPC's rusty Chekhov gun (the most contrived and unbelievable one I've ever seen) and activate her post-credit maternal scene (best ending evar :HideThePain: for us, her fans, amongst the available ones) the following conditions need to be met:

#1. Episode 5 - Liam RPs should be over 19 --> he will answer the call after Jonas leaves Ana. That enables the event below.
#2. Episode 6 - Liam helps Megan out during Peter's incursion --> that allows Peter to get his stash back to enable Step #4.
#3. Episode 6 - Do not ship Liam to Rena at the concert and all.
#4. Episode 7 - Shoot Peter up with the handgun when at his home.
#5. Episode 7 - Do not comfort Megan
#6. Episode 7 - Accept Leah's proposal
#7. Episode 7 - Aim for Leah's pussy

Note: This secret scene is only available on the Megan path, even though the pale lady survives on the Melissa path too if you follow the guide. Nevertheless, you will get the milk flashback instead. Bug?

PS: Due credit to señor moskyx who discovered this sequence to me.
The slick dev concealed the relevant renders for this ending, so you won't spot them in the main images folder upon un'renning. They are located outside to the following address:
root_folder\game\gui\bar\nothing​

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

packor

Oct 11, 2021
See a step-by-step solution below.

For starters, a lyrical digression for Leah's fans ...dang I'm once again in the minority :KEK:
To save life of our beloved fiery Irish broad from execution by DPC's rusty Chekhov gun (the most contrived and unbelievable one I've ever seen) and activate her post-credit maternal scene (best ending evar :HideThePain: for us, her fans, amongst the available ones) the following conditions need to be met:

#1. Episode 5 - Liam RPs should be over 19 --> he will answer the call after Jonas leaves Ana. That enables the event below.
#2. Episode 6 - Liam helps Megan out during Peter's incursion --> that allows Peter to get his stash back to enable Step #4.
#3. Episode 6 - Do not ship Liam to Rena at the concert and all.
#4. Episode 7 - Shoot Peter up when at his home.
#5. Episode 7 - Do not comfort Megan / Melissa.
#6. Episode 7 - Accept Leah's proposal
#7. Episode 7 - Aim for Leah's pussy

PS: Due credit to señor moskyx who discovered this sequence to me.
The slick dev concealed the relevant renders for this ending, so you won't spot them in the main images folder upon un'renning. They are located outside to the following address:
root_folder\game\gui\bar\nothing​

???? I didn't know this was an available ending, the guide lied to me, I must get this nyao

• Haha
Reactions: Echbert

packor

Oct 11, 2021
I totally respect that others have different experiences, but am I the only one who wasn't absolutely devastated by the fire? I mean, sure, the choice (or non-choice) sucks, but it didn't ruin my day or playthrough, so to speak.
well, it's just like any other movie or book for me. I just don't have a need for immersion, so it was okay as a story, and I didn't really feel too emotional about most of it.

Echbert

Jun 21, 2018
I totally respect that others have different experiences, but am I the only one who wasn't absolutely devastated by the fire? I mean, sure, the choice (or non-choice) sucks, but it didn't ruin my day or playthrough, so to speak.
It really only works if you connect with both characters. On my first playthrough i did a Megan only route, though ironically i wasn't really feeling her character halfway through(like her personality but felt like DPC made her "too perfect" and her and Jonah's dynamic didn't really give of a peer vibe), so i was kind of bent i couldn't try to save Melissa(I originally was interested in this game because of her, but chose to "reject her" as I figured there would be a romance path somewhere down the line), then i got angry at Jonah for being so damn weak, because both women are like super tiny(i'm not very big, or even that strong, but i would totally be able to carry them both out with my adrenline going crazy in the moment). Then i kind disengaged because the whole thing felt kind of rushed, and I didn't feel like i had much of a choice at all(in my head i also wondered if they had left the door unlocked.....again). so it got to me for different reasons.

Saying all that on my second playthrough where i full on went for Melissa, i definitely got why it hit some ppl so hard, on that path all three characters are kind of on their way to being happy them Bam!! and i think that's the romance path DPC had in mind when writing the scene. I ended up feeling kind of shitty anyway because not only did it suck for Megan who was finally hitting her dream, i knew Melissa would be absolutely crushed, and feel like she doesn't deserve to live(happy DPC did not go all the way there), as Megan was pretty much her Rock and soul mate. didn't ruin my day but defintely made my fap a bit emotional and lowkey confusing.

packor

Oct 11, 2021
okay, got the Leah post-credits, it was kind of disappointing. Survived, but didn't really change anything else. Following the post, I had some issues.

1. Shoot him up could mean with the needle. I tried that first, and that was the wrong choice, have to use the gun.

2. Seems like there's more criteria than just the listed. I tried rescuing Melissa, and didn't comfort her, but it gave her post-credits instead of Leah. Possibly because I'd been choosing mainly her. After rescuing Megan instead, it worked.

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
Following the post, I had some issues.

1. Shoot him up could mean with the needle. I tried that first, and that was the wrong choice, have to use the gun.
Sorry for this ambiguity, I worded this clause based on the in-game phrases, the needle use is called "give an overdose" and the gunshot is "shoot him" in there.

2. Seems like there's more criteria than just the listed. I tried rescuing Melissa, and didn't comfort her, but it gave her post-credits instead of Leah. Possibly because I'd been choosing mainly her. After rescuing Megan instead, it worked.
That's correct: if choosing Melissa over Megan and following the guide then Leah's post-credit sequence won't get triggered, instead, the milk flashback will be revealed, even though the fiery redhead (!) survives in this case. Bug or supposed to be - it stays unclear. I will clarify my post above that Leah's toddler scene is available only on the Megan path.

The secret scene lets us know what most players do not note or realize: Jonas (playable character) gets complicit in (and we the players witness) a murder of (!) a pregnant woman, if Jonas doesn't shoot Peter on either Megan's or Melissa's route but the other conditions listed in my previous post are met. "Happy" fapping immersion :sick:

okay, got the Leah post-credits, it was kind of disappointing. Survived, but didn't really change anything else.
If not a secret, what would you want to watch in this scene without regard for the dev's agenda?

packor

Oct 11, 2021
Jonas (playable character) gets complicit in (and we the players witness) a murder of (!) a pregnant woman, if Jonas doesn't shoot Peter on either Megan's or Melissa's route but the other conditions listed in my previous post are met.
lol, I don't think so. She only gets pregnant if you did that with her on that night, which means when she moved on from that scene, she wasn't even pregnant.
If not a secret, what would you want to watch in this scene without regard for the dev's agenda?
well, I would change Jonas to not hate her, since he's a psycho killer too, I want him to find her or vice versa and go be a crazy couple. That means even changing ep. 7 to get a Leah ending.

When even Anna can get an ending, I don't see why not. I mean, she's only gonna hurt people if he cheats again(he probably will)

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
lol, I don't think so. She only gets pregnant if you did that with her on that night, which means when she moved on from that scene, she wasn't even pregnant.
She gets pregnant during the second creampie, which is revealed in her post-credit scene on the Megan path. Thus, if Jonas doesn't shoot Peter and, instead, grabs his handgun then Leah is doomed even if the second creampie took place. So she technically is inseminated and her fetus has arisen at the moment she gets killed :(

I want him to find her or vice versa and go be a crazy couple. That means even changing ep. 7 to get a Leah ending.
The evil deity namely DPC doesn't give us reasonable choices at key points. He force-feeds us with Megan and leads us away from Leah regardless of our will. I wanted to reap the same outcomes you mentioned, they do not even seem a crazy couple to me.

DPC introduced her as a main LI since the start and handled her this way throughout the first three episodes. Then he deliberately stripped us of control over Jonas and threw her overboard in order to fertilize a growth medium for shocking reveals, unbelievable plot twists, dramas, subverted expectations and other Chekhov-guns.

All the atrocities wouldn't occur, if we had a little bit more control over Jonas, to say nothing of her incredible stealth superpowers.

• Haha
Reactions: v1900 and Echbert

packor

Oct 11, 2021
well, I do not hate that. After all, choose your own adventure used to be a niche genre. I'm accustomed to characters being actual characters, which means they have more, well, character. The choices in this game alter the course of events "enough". Some events are just not within your control, unless you really want to be omnipotent and omnipresent and completely override your MC's character in favor of a "desirable" outcome.

So, the style is more traditional over most modern games of this kind that are more entitling. It's not any more unique, shocking, or interesting than a traditional novel, but the writing is not bad either. So, overall, it is satisfactory to me.

Reactions: z815 and aura95

code991

Aug 21, 2021
Anyone know which endings for megan, mellisa and rena are considerend best for each of them respectively?

I've played this game before, once, a while ago and i remember i had a bad or at least not good ending. I wanted to give it another go in order to see at least one good ending for megan, mellisa and rena but i dont want to waste too much time figuring out which ones are considered "best".

Can anyone help?

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Anyone know which endings for megan, mellisa and rena are considerend best for each of them respectively?

I've played this game before, once, a while ago and i remember i had a bad or at least not good ending. I wanted to give it another go in order to see at least one good ending for megan, mellisa and rena but i dont want to waste too much time figuring out which ones are considered "best".

Can anyone help?

Echbert

Jun 21, 2018

Can anyone help?

Reactions: Jumbi

z815

Sep 8, 2021
When I started I was aware of some kind of catch. But when I meet certain fire event I laugh from how silly and cruel it was. And closed the game. :]
But I don't consider it bad or wrong. Game is blunt and rough but short and effective. And I kind of loved it. I then start new game to spend most/more time just with Melissa and get the most out of happy times. and I do not need anyone else :]

trio is sweet but I do not believe it feasible very long term. And In the end everyone who was threat to our relations is dead and "they lived happy ever after", how better it can be :)

I get interested in this medium only several months ago, and my initial experience makes me understand spider catching references but this game changed what I'm looking for and how I play these games. So author made something interesting and It deserve it high score and notoriety. :]

I wrote this incomprehensive post to get rid of 3posts notification ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha

Joop501

Mar 19, 2021
I've played Acting Lessons, My biggest issue w/ it is that it elicits emotion using blunt narrative instruments--domestic abuse, cancer, death etc. Those things are pretty much guaranteed to get a certain emotion out of the player.

• Haha
4.60 star(s) 805 Votes