HanakoXVN

Dev | Actual Roommates
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
My apologies, I haven't checked in here in a while, I was busy doing nothing and then working on the damned cat episode (it's coming along nicely). Also at some point, last week, we were the top Lesbian VN on itch, so I had to get absolutely wasted to celebrate.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I always assumed it was poking fun at academics "straightifying" historical homosexual relationships, or people doing the same in modern times.
Of course, it could be pulling double-duty and poking fun at AVN incest "roommates" as well as queer erasure.
Yes, to both. I'm still extremely proud of how hard this title goes and how many layers it has.

I think that enough blowing smoke now. Thankyou for your work, Luna's aid to you and everyone that passed tips along.
Yeah, we don't want to inflate my ego too much. I'll pass your thanks along to Luna!

PS: Congrats bro hai fatto n'opera d'arte HanakoXVN
Oh fuck, people are realizing that I'm Italian! HOW?

As a player, we don't always grasp all the doubts a game developer can feel.
Honestly I didn't either until I started making this game. Before I was a bit of an entitled asshole, ngl, but now I understand the struggles and I'm basically a cheerleader for every dev I come across. :ROFLMAO:

Really put the MC of Superhuman on drums back there like we wouldn't notice :LUL:
I'm happy that someone noticed the reference! I don't know the dev of Superhuman, so I couldn't ask permission for a more overt reference, so I thought that this would be a nod for those who played it, since that character design is quite unique.

...or if they haven't played it, maybe they'd think it's Saejima Taiga from Yakuza 4. Wouldn't be the first thing I ripped off from that series...

There's a bug here, even if you reject her, you still get the sex scene.
Yeah... I didn't put the "jump to" command. It'll be fixed for the next release. :cry:

For everyone asking for a path with both Fujikawa sister: at the moment it's not something that's planned, it'd require massive rewrites. Though, knowing that there's interest, I'll consider it, but I don't promise anything. (You'll have to make do with a harem only 6 deep...)

And thank you all for the kind words (and for pointing out the typos and bugs)! I literally wouldn't be here without this forum, so thank you! Here's a baby catto.

1724462176498.png

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
For everyone asking for a path with both Fujikawa sister: at the moment it's not something that's planned, it'd require massive rewrites. Though, knowing that there's interest, I'll consider it, but I don't promise anything. (You'll have to make do with a harem only 6 deep...)
This sounds like the perfect time to start planning a special epilogue — available only for the top tier supporters ...
villain-chillin-like-a-villain.gif

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HanakoXVN

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Honestly I didn't either until I started making this game. Before I was a bit of an entitled asshole, ngl, but now I understand the struggles and I'm basically a cheerleader for every dev I come across. :ROFLMAO:
I have never developed a game, but I have no doubt it take a lot of time for indie developers.
Which generally can't live just from their game and need to have another job.
So can only work on it on their free time.
It requires a great deal of personal sacrifice.

It's why indie dev have my utmost admiration.
And why I'm pissed by people that just complain because they think dev should deliver update faster. When they often get games for free, and have never do something like that themselves.

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021

Work has already begun on "AR: Episode of Cat".
I wanted to start on Monday, but a plumbing issue (during the holidays the boiler started leaking, meaning that I was welcomed back home by a flooded bathroom) forced me to start on Tuesday.

s3r12.jpg
I wanted to finish everything within the week (it's a rather short story, maybe half an hour of gameplay) but, as it turns out, working with cats it's not the same as working with people.
To add to that, the episode required some new assets and the use of things I'm not familiar with (namely Ageing Morphs and Fit Control) so things started off reeeeally slowly.
I did, however, manage to pick up the pace in this past couple of days, while trying to fix my sleep schedule that got messed up during my vaction.

s5r6.jpg

Episode of Cat should release early next month. It's gonna be a short story on the first year of life of everyone's favourite cat. Where did he come from? Why does he "talk" the way he does? What was the meeting he was late for in Chapter 2?

s4r19.jpg

Obviously there won't be any lewd scenes. And even though there will be some humor it's gonna have some more serious/sad moments.
Overally I'm very happy of the result so far: despite the limited amount of "options" for the cats I managed to make them expressive enough.

After that I'll dive straight into Chapter 6. That one SHOULD be shorter than Chapter 5 and have between 4 and 5 lewd scenes, but we'll see when I actually sit down and write it.

See ya next week!

-------------------------------------------------------------

The_Chugster

Sep 13, 2021
Just started playing this and its great to sea a female MC, l love her hair and her upfront personality....seems way less creepy have a girl like that than a guy....oh and the cat narration is pure fucking genius. I would not have guessed this was your first game

Just wondering if full animations for sex scenes are planned at any point? It not a deal breaker but those scenes would be way hotter than they are right now with proper animations

Ohh and is there a discord server? I couldnt see any linked

Last edited:
Reactions: Coomer341

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Just started playing this and its great to sea a female MC, l love her hair and her upfront personality....seems way less creepy have a girl like that than a guy

Just wondering if full animations for sex scenes are planned at any point? It not a deal breaker but it does improve things for me at least

Bad animations never improve a VN and most devs neither have the time, the skill nor the hardware to do them well. it's better without...for me at least.

HanakoXVN

Dev | Actual Roommates
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
Just wondering if full animations for sex scenes are planned at any point? It not a deal breaker but it does improve things for me at least
No, I don't have the skill, time and hardware (especially the skill) to do good animations. I could cobble together something, but it'd look janky and off-putting (believe me, I've tried).

You can find it in my signature (or ). Come and see me get excited over small things like motion lines and mirrors.

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021

As usual, the first devlog of a new development cycle is free for everyone!

The first thing we need to talk about is Episode of Cat.
s7r24.jpg
The game is essentially done. I only need to apply Luna's corrections, fix a couple of renders and maybe tweak a couple of things.
As already promised, it'll be released on the 3rd of September for Roommate and above Members and on the 7th for Couch Surfers. It's going to be a short affair, about half an hour.

Next, we got Patreon rewards!
rewardsteaser.jpg
On Saturday, 14th of September, Roommates and above members will receive the first official set of 4k renders, featuring Alex, Emily, Sarah and Jessica!
I'm so happy that I'm finally able to do these and it's always fun to make them, since they allow me to do things that I normally wouldn't for the game.

And now, the game itself. Let's talk about Chapter 6. I've started working on it on Wednesday! (I had to come back from vacation, do Episode of Cat and then had to deal with some plumbing issues)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

See you next week for the Episode of Cat release!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Jplays512

Formerly 'jmshay512'
Jul 27, 2024
Just finished my first playthrough of this game and it has become one of my favorites. I really love the fact you include an optional guide in the base game. I wish this could be standard for all AVN's. Can't wait for future updates because I am hooked!

Reactions: afterlights

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I wish I could fall asleep with three pretty girls.
ar1.jpg
ar2.jpg
But rather with the lights off. Though I managed to sleep with Behemoth (death metal band) blasting in my headphones when I was very tired a few years back. Anyway the cat is the best character. :)
ar3.jpg

Is she talking about Alien: Romulus? :D
ar4.jpg

2088? Seriously?! Most of the people in this forum won't be alive to see it! :LOL:
ar5.jpg

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
This is how the confrontation at the end of the current update could go down:
MC engages Rikako. Janice jumps over to the "landlady" and knocks her out, then she joins the mc in pacifying Rikako.
They use her to lure out the person attempting the coup in the Fujikawa company. The meeting will take place in an open public space, say a stadium. When the "Fujikawa" delegation arrive the mc will greet them, but surprise, many red dots will appear on the Japanese guys. Sharpshooters will be revealed all over the place.
The end. Roll credits. :)
There may be an epilogue / after credit scene showing how everybody fared afterwards.

4.60 star(s) 20 Votes