BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021

With Episode of Cat done I dove straight into Chapter 6 in full force.
This is the first chapter that I'm doing on the new rig (let's ignore the last 100 renders I did for Chapter 5) and I had to adapt to working with an actual GPU.
c6s1a42.jpg

Very briefly: I need to manage the GPU's VRAM, so scenes, environments and characters need to be prepared carefully beforehand and, sometimes, testing is required to get the most out of it.
Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT problem to have, I just needed to get used to it and, now that I believe I am, I'm working FAST. How fast is "FAST"? Let me give you a comparison:

weeklyrendercomp.jpg

This is a snippet from the sheets I use to keep track of my work. If we ignore the 28th of July (I was sick) and the 2nd of September (I had to do the prep to release EoC) you can clearly see the increase of renders-per-day.
And the best part is that not only the new renders look better, but so does my work schedule.

c6s1f10.jpg

Before I had to work around each render taking from 20 to 35 minutes to be completed, meaning I had to wake up early and go to sleep late to maximize the time available for rendering.
Now I get up in the morning, do my work, have dinner and I'm done! I actually get to have some time for myself in the evening, which is helping my mental health A LOT!

But, since I can't leave shit alone, lately that "time for myself" is still spent on the game, but for another reasons.
I stopped working on my side-projects (Neon Heart, my monthly Pharahposting on Twitter, where I render Pharah from Overwatch in extremely lewd poses, etc...) to go back and fix some of the crap I thought was "acceptable" in Chapter 1.

remasterexample.jpg

This is not a "rework" or "remaster" and my focus is 100% on the new chapter, but I was replaying the game recently and just couldn't stand how some of the old renders looked (overexposed, grainy, sometimes with the wrong aspect ratio). So, in my free time, I'm working my way through and redoing some of the worst ones while listening to wrestling podcasts.

c6s1ft42.jpg

Anyway, if it wasn't clear enough, work on Chapter 6 is proceeding smoothly. The aim is to release it by the end of the month.
Next week I'll give you a more detailed overview of the chapter. See ya then!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Selyn

Jul 9, 2020
anyone have any recomendation for game like this? i mean like female/futa protag with harem(or not) but VN? maybe like bad memories or this game?

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020

With Episode of Cat done I dove straight into Chapter 6 in full force.
This is the first chapter that I'm doing on the new rig (let's ignore the last 100 renders I did for Chapter 5) and I had to adapt to working with an actual GPU.
View attachment 4009018

Very briefly: I need to manage the GPU's VRAM, so scenes, environments and characters need to be prepared carefully beforehand and, sometimes, testing is required to get the most out of it.
Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT problem to have, I just needed to get used to it and, now that I believe I am, I'm working FAST. How fast is "FAST"? Let me give you a comparison:

View attachment 4009019

This is a snippet from the sheets I use to keep track of my work. If we ignore the 28th of July (I was sick) and the 2nd of September (I had to do the prep to release EoC) you can clearly see the increase of renders-per-day.
And the best part is that not only the new renders look better, but so does my work schedule.

View attachment 4009022

Before I had to work around each render taking from 20 to 35 minutes to be completed, meaning I had to wake up early and go to sleep late to maximize the time available for rendering.
Now I get up in the morning, do my work, have dinner and I'm done! I actually get to have some time for myself in the evening, which is helping my mental health A LOT!

But, since I can't leave shit alone, lately that "time for myself" is still spent on the game, but for another reasons.
I stopped working on my side-projects (Neon Heart, my monthly Pharahposting on Twitter, where I render Pharah from Overwatch in extremely lewd poses, etc...) to go back and fix some of the crap I thought was "acceptable" in Chapter 1.

View attachment 4009023

This is not a "rework" or "remaster" and my focus is 100% on the new chapter, but I was replaying the game recently and just couldn't stand how some of the old renders looked (overexposed, grainy, sometimes with the wrong aspect ratio). So, in my free time, I'm working my way through and redoing some of the worst ones while listening to wrestling podcasts.

View attachment 4009025

Anyway, if it wasn't clear enough, work on Chapter 6 is proceeding smoothly. The aim is to release it by the end of the month.
Next week I'll give you a more detailed overview of the chapter. See ya then!

-------------------------------------------------------------
It's a good new that you can now have time for yourself in the evening.
Buuuut... don't take this time for redoing the game, even if it's in your head!
I think you're an Italian? So go outside in a coffee shop, and enjoy a cup of coffee on the terrace while watching the pretty girls walking down the street.
Dolce Vita!
:)

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
This is how the confrontation at the end of the current update could go down:
MC engages Rikako. Janice jumps over to the "landlady" and knocks her out, then she joins the mc in pacifying Rikako.
Let's just say Rikako is already quite pacified in my playthrough. ;)
please let us have both sisters
I do second this, though I can see how that might be tricky to do with the branching paths.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Technically speaking, I didn't know I was choosing between the sisters when I made the choice. :LOL:
I read through this thread beforehand. :) But yeah, I wanted to piss off Rikako during their first meeting. :D

HanakoXVN

Dev | Actual Roommates
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
I'm not releasing Episode of Cat on Itch because of reasons. It's out for free on my Patreon, but I thought I'd save you guys a click ♥

Episode of Cat:
- -

AREOCPromo1.png

HanakoXVN

Dev | Actual Roommates
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
Who are Valerie and Rhea? :unsure: Does the MC have a twin sister? ;)
Start a new game from Chapter 4, make sure that you're on Stella's path and, when Arisu asks, choose to "Get out". You'll see who Valerie is. ;)

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Start a new game from Chapter 4, make sure that you're on Stella's path and, when Arisu asks, choose to "Get out". You'll see who Valerie is. ;)
Thanks! I'll check it out.
"30 min. later."
Oh. That one! ;) OK. I had forgotten. :D

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 20 Votes