sinkind

Oct 29, 2019
I salute to any brave soul that tried to play this mess. It looks fine and maybe even has okay script but the gameloop is awful. I endured 3 wipes and then gave up because playing for 10-15 minutes in hope that after slightly different dialogue you'll get decent scene is not my thing. Is this how sandbox haters see decently made sandbox games? Jeez.
I really don't like to point out only bad things but that was almost all I ever saw. Tati model was good tho.

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
I just gave the game a try.

Please, PLEASE wildtirki : allow instant dialog. The slow typing effect is maddening, and is enough to turn me off the game before I even get into the content. If I have to wait several seconds for every sentence to appear, even with Text speed set to "Fast", the game isn't worth playing.

I'm glad you took the time to learn how to program the slow letter by letter printout of the dialog boxes. You have that knowledge now and no one can take that from you. Kudos! But you also need to understand that some people don't want to see that animation on every single sentence.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016

Please, PLEASE wildtirki : allow instant dialog. The slow typing effect is maddening, and is enough to turn me off the game before I even get into the content. If I have to wait several seconds for every sentence to appear, even with Text speed set to "Fast", the game isn't worth playing.

I'm glad you took the time to learn how to program the slow letter by letter printout of the dialog boxes. You have that knowledge now and no one can take that from you. Kudos! But you also need to understand that some people don't want to see that animation on every single sentence.
Agreed. I have never seen someone say "oh, yes please make the TEXT SLOW AS HELL, because I like wasting seconds of my life waiting for something to finish showing on the screen to read". No idea why the instant text isn't the DEFAULT for games and then let people change it if they want to.

Reactions: wildtirki

wildtirki

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018
I was just referencing a viral video where a guy rages about being able to choose pronouns in Starfield. He just goes so over the top that it becomes comical regardless of whether he had valid points or not.
AH, I haven't seen that. Must have been funny, I'll try to find it.

wildtirki

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and helping me improve the game. In the next update, I will set the default to instant.

Reactions: 5mithers

wildtirki

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018
This thread is 3 years old, has very few comments for its age, and if you look at the changelog in the main post it seems to have had only one update since it started :oops:.

What has happened here in the past? Maybe there was a big fight and a lot of discussions were deleted?
Nico Odin is right.
The concept demo was taken as a real game and posted here. It wasn't supposed to be here... yet.
Then the original poster of the thread just didn't follow the updates. So I asked for control.
This thread will now stay current.

Last edited:

wildtirki

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018
I salute to any brave soul that tried to play this mess. It looks fine and maybe even has okay script but the gameloop is awful. I endured 3 wipes and then gave up because playing for 10-15 minutes in hope that after slightly different dialogue you'll get decent scene is not my thing. Is this how sandbox haters see decently made sandbox games? Jeez.
I really don't like to point out only bad things but that was almost all I ever saw. Tati model was good tho.
Yuno shot you 3 times in 15 mins of play? She must like you. :ROFLMAO:
The Looping stops being a thing on DAY 3 when everything changes...
...But what it changes to you might like even less.

• Haha
Reactions: Nico Odin

vidyaa

Mar 6, 2018
I've gotten to Day 3, up to the part where everyone is about to enter the room. Then the game just freezes? I guess that's the end of the content.

wildtirki

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018
I've gotten to Day 3, up to the part where everyone is about to enter the room. Then the game just freezes? I guess that's the end of the content.
Which room? The room on the beach?
If not I have a bug and need to fix ASAP.
The game should tell you if it is the end of the build.
Thanks for the feedback bro.
(y)

wildtirki

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018

Thanks for the bug report. here is the bug fix and it has also been added to the OP for everyone else.
Thanks for saying something.
(y)
It goes in your acumen folder under resources/app/data/scenario/

restlez

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks for the bug report. here is the bug fix and it has also been added to the OP for everyone else.
Thanks for saying something.
(y)
It goes in your acumen folder under resources/app/data/scenario/
I don't think it worked. Do I have to start a new game?

Also I noticed the Manny sex scenes in the room were too dark for normal lighting. I haven't tried playing it in the dark yet though.

Good job with the story so far, I am intrigued.(y)

wildtirki

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018
I don't think it worked. Do I have to start a new game?

Also I noticed the Manny sex scenes in the room were too dark for normal lighting. I haven't tried playing it in the dark yet though.

Good job with the story so far, I am intrigued.(y)
Thanks for the Feedback!
No, for the TextSpeed thing You shouldn't have to start a new game. Just overwrite the old wakeup.ks. all saves use the world's variables like textspeed. You should be able to use the config option now and speed it up. If you want to start a new game and do a new route, which gives different story and things, especially on the beach, you can use the saveskip on the VIP screen. I haven't gotten any feedback on that yet.

Also, the Manny scenes in DAY 2 will be brightened a little bit in the next update. they are supposed to be dark and dimly lit, but it seems many people use dark settings for their monitors already and it comes out as too dark.

If you still have problem with it, let me know.

Thank you for the kudos!
(y)

Reactions: restlez

sinkind

Oct 29, 2019
Yuno shot you 3 times in 15 mins of play? She must like you. :ROFLMAO:
The Looping stops being a thing on DAY 3 when everything changes...
...But what it changes to you might like even less.
2 times. Then I tried another approach, got into the club, got a scene with June, and then some progress finally was made. I hanged up with girls at the evening but guess I chose the wrong options because nothing else happened between girls and MC. Then some weird event was happening in the club, girls were wearing bunny suits (I wasn't interested and LCtrl through to get to next scene), then one of the girls for some reason began to fighting thin air (wtf?) an after that I was once again on day 0.
That was it for me, nothing would make play another round (and i saw scenes and girls that i liked in game files, but trying to get to them was just not worth it for me).
P.S. Sitting through Moira's slow ass dialogue every new loop is such a drag even when you skip, I straight up hate her.

I bet you had some kind of vision and I respect your creative decision as a single dev. But from the player's perspective I was just wasting my time with little gained in return. Competition is tight nowadays, 5 new games comes out every day. So will I or somebody who had similar experience return even after several updates knowing that you'll need to crawl through the labyrinth to get to content you actually enjoy? Can't say for sure but I highly doubt it.

So here's my little feedback, take it or leave it I guess.
Good luck anyway, every game finds it's players eventually.

restlez

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks for the Feedback!
No, for the TextSpeed thing You shouldn't have to start a new game. Just overwrite the old wakeup.ks. all saves use the world's variables like textspeed. You should be able to use the config option now and speed it up. If you want to start a new game and do a new route, which gives different story and things, especially on the beach, you can use the saveskip on the VIP screen. I haven't gotten any feedback on that yet.

Also, the Manny scenes in DAY 2 will be brightened a little bit in the next update. they are supposed to be dark and dimly lit, but it seems many people use dark settings for their monitors already and it comes out as too dark.

If you still have problem with it, let me know.

Thank you for the kudos!
(y)
Ok I'm not sure why some saves don't work but some do.

I found a bug when skipping:
where the screen will get stuck. Sometimes clicking the dialogue options don't allow you to progress. Other times the dialogue progress but with the stuck scene. This one had young Manny bouncing on loop.

Also is the Monika recruiting sex scene playable or just mentioned as a flashback?

Last edited:

grahegri

drunk off sake
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Acumen-B0324.7f
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

wildtirki

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018
Ok I'm not sure why some saves don't work but some do.

I found a bug when skipping:
where the screen will get stuck. Sometimes clicking the dialogue options don't allow you to progress. Other times the dialogue progress but with the stuck scene. This one had young Manny bouncing on loop.

Also is the Monika recruiting sex scene playable or just mentioned as a flashback?
Wow. you really found something!
You probably overloaded the buffer when skipping and it stopped clearing the screen.
Don't know why the text is light blue instead of yellow though. I have to look into this.
Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, you can get the scene where you have sex with Monika in the apartment room after Day1. It's another dark scene and you have to pass an angel demon check to get it. But the actual recruitment scene is something that happens before the game begins, so you don't get to see that... yet. :cool:

If you don't already have the code for +5 to all stats, contact me and i'll give it to you. I feel you deserve it.

Thanks again for improving Acumen.

Reactions: restlez

wildtirki

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018
Android at some point??
Joiplay wont work too.
Yes! Android, Mac, Iphone, and Steam are planned to be released after the release of the full DAY 3 build, which is the next build after this one. I would take a guess...about Feburary of 2025. These are harder to put together and play test so I would like to have a near bug-free version before I start to port them over to these platforms.

Reactions: Rabestor

wildtirki

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018
2 times. Then I tried another approach, got into the club, got a scene with June, and then some progress finally was made. I hanged up with girls at the evening but guess I chose the wrong options because nothing else happened between girls and MC. Then some weird event was happening in the club, girls were wearing bunny suits (I wasn't interested and LCtrl through to get to next scene), then one of the girls for some reason began to fighting thin air (wtf?) an after that I was once again on day 0.
That was it for me, nothing would make play another round (and i saw scenes and girls that i liked in game files, but trying to get to them was just not worth it for me).
P.S. Sitting through Moira's slow ass dialogue every new loop is such a drag even when you skip, I straight up hate her.

I bet you had some kind of vision and I respect your creative decision as a single dev. But from the player's perspective I was just wasting my time with little gained in return. Competition is tight nowadays, 5 new games comes out every day. So will I or somebody who had similar experience return even after several updates knowing that you'll need to crawl through the labyrinth to get to content you actually enjoy? Can't say for sure but I highly doubt it.

So here's my little feedback, take it or leave it I guess.
Good luck anyway, every game finds it's players eventually.
Hey, thanks for playing! I love hearing from people who actually took time to play the game. Bad or Good things said are okay with me! Your P.S. comment caught my eye. You might have found a bug. Once you loop once, Moira should not appear again in the apartment unless you are playing a new game. I'll look into that.

The bunny suit chaos is right on. Due to story elements, you can not see anyone other than the girls for now. So, yes as you see it, they are fighting thin air. On Day 3 you'll start to see more of the invisible people including some of the people that sat at the table with you. If you ever decide to return to Acumen, you can skip ahead to Day 3 by using the VIP menu. Type in saveskip and answer the questions for DAY 1 and DAY 2 and Jump directly into DAY 3.

My audience is people who enjoy great stories and like to solve puzzles. It's kind of like a science fiction version of Sherlock Holmes in reverse. I hope you find another AVN you enjoy!

Thanks for reading! (y)

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote