4.20 star(s) 54 Votes

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
If you have Nephthys at your tent then you have screwed up if not then you need to find an ancient temple in the desert remember to take some gold.
Hmm I'm not sure offhand who is in there, if anyone. Can you not have both? Didn't seem to limit who I could have in other regions so maybe I did miss something.

jmkarlsson

Nov 25, 2017
Hmm I'm not sure offhand who is in there, if anyone. Can you not have both? Didn't seem to limit who I could have in other regions so maybe I did miss something.
You can have both and that is why I say you have screwed up if you allready have Nephthys at your tent.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Maybe I do have Nephthys then, I honestly can't remember I'll have to check later! I want to restart again though with the different image packs I'm just waiting for Mega to gimme back some bandwidth... xD

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Wait for real? XD I have that from a while ago but had no idea it had uses like that! My bad I guess. :X
well jeah, the trick is to still be able to download from mega (if ya already have your limit today, ya gotta do it tomorrow, as mega won't let jdownloader download either). put in all ya mega links into its list before attempting to download and ya should be able to get all the files without a problem, even if its much more than mega would allow for the day ^^.

ps: untick the box in the option that would otherwhise let jdownloader unpack zip and rar files for ya. you are much faster doing that manually.

Reactions: Fox.Mulder

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
well jeah, the trick is to still be able to download from mega (if ya already have your limit today, ya gotta do it tomorrow, as mega won't let jdownloader download either). put in all ya mega links into its list before attempting to download and ya should be able to get all the files without a problem, even if its much more than mega would allow for the day ^^.

ps: untick the box in the option that would otherwhise let jdownloader unpack zip and rar files for ya. you are much faster doing that manually.
Aaah well thanks for the info! I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow since I didn't know about this and already hit my limit hehe.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Aaah well thanks for the info! I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow since I didn't know about this and already hit my limit hehe.
heh. the main reason why i actually began using jdownload, is, that ya got a GB limit on firefox. i think it's around 1,5 GB a file you are allowed to download. if a file has more, then mega will simply say, that firefox doesn't support it and prompts ya to download their mega app and what not. jdownloader also pypasses that limitation. aaaaand compared to mega, it's not that ressource heavy.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Oh damn, yeah I don't blame you. That limit sounds rubbish! Never had that issue with Chrome myself, and I don't mind that it's fairly heavy on resources since my PC ain't bad.

Side note: The file downloaded anyway despite getting the bandwidth error? So yay me I suppose hahaha.

Reactions: Daxter250

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Oh damn, yeah I don't blame you. That limit sounds rubbish! Never had that issue with Chrome myself, and I don't mind that it's fairly heavy on resources since my PC ain't bad.

Side note: The file downloaded anyway despite getting the bandwidth error? So yay me I suppose hahaha.
chrome doesn't have that issue, cause it uses some outdated formating or so that mega needs in order to upload it on ya pc via explorer. firefox abandoned it years ago due to safety issues.

actually, mega uses all your ram in order for the download to function. you gotta have a strong cpu if you still don't encounter long loading times during the download procession

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
I was looking into what goes into adding images to random events and stuff, moreso for my own amusement than to make additional image packs but I noticed that in the files (at least in the Elven Forest area) there's a LOT of random event files (goes up to "girl20" I think) but I've never once seen any past the one labelled "girl1". I've seen other ones from that file show up as random events in game such as ones from the "elven1" section of images etc, so I wonder if my RNG is just astronomically awful or is something amiss that prevents it from loading up random events past the first 3 images for "girl1"?

For clarification it's the event that has the option "Have some fun". It seems to only select the first image and ignores everything past 1.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
There is a code error, the player file I'm attaching should fix it.
Damn, no idea how you fixed that so quickly but it works now! I do however get this error that doesn't seem to change anything appear:

What is the protocol for adding new images, can you just add them as long as they follow the same naming format and it'll drag them in at random? I wonder if it's tied to the specific files/numbers or not to work.

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
The original error was a random # roll, originally it was only min 1 and max 1, I changed the max to 20. Here is a version without that error.... I missed a '<' when I was helping update the code base for Beornwahl.

For anyone else, this version also has a high amount of spelling error fixes and this version supports WEBM/MP4 besides GIF. Don't use WEBM/MP4 for profile pics.

By profile pic I mean, the two pictures with the red box around them are the same image.
clarification.jpg

Reactions: Fox.Mulder

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
Damn, no idea how you fixed that so quickly but it works now! I do however get this error that doesn't seem to change anything appear:

What is the protocol for adding new images, can you just add them as long as they follow the same naming format and it'll drag them in at random? I wonder if it's tied to the specific files/numbers or not to work.
Or you get the original tws file from the first page (it is the Modding tool thingy at attachments) get Twine 1,42 (+sugarcube plugin!!) -> More info at the additional info spoiler at 1st page. Have a look into it and welcome to the Adam & Gaia Modding project ^^.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Damn y'all are fast with your fixes! I might have to fiddle around with Twine then for some idle amusement, I quite liked adding images to Brothel King but that was pretty much drag and drop haha. I quite like the way energy increases in the modded file too so that's probably just a Twine setting too.

Regardless, good game. :D

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
I did have a play around with Twine for a few hours to see how it worked with my zero understanding of coding haha. I tried adding some stuff to see if I could expand on the random events a little but I only realised late on that everything seems to be gif format even if it's just a static image, so all my jpg/png files don't seem to link properly and don't show up haha. Was bamboozled for a while why they were just blank in the game. At least that's the only conclusion I could come to!

Credit to you guys who can do this stuff!

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Is it really that simple? I mass converted them hehe. Figured that would just screw up the files somehow. Converting fixed it anyway so it's still kinda fun expanding on the random events.

Also, as a suggestion now that I've been messing around in the late game... It might be an idea to implement a toggle for your own fertility. Just so you can just fool around without consequence sometimes. I'm not sure of the limitations of Twine if it's possible but just a thought anyway. I mean I suppose you could just not take the blessing things to give you more fertility chance but sometimes you want that. Can get a little busy in the current endgame at least, I feel, haha. (If this exists already I'm obviously an idiot).

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
Yeah as long as you give a browser an image file it isn't that fussed about the extension... as long as it can display the type normally, so webp is only chrome iirc.

4.20 star(s) 54 Votes