4.20 star(s) 54 Votes

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Are the Fairy image files not set up to exist in the game? I remember finding Fee but I noticed in the files there's a bunch of Fairy files that aren't properly named.

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
Are the Fairy image files not set up to exist in the game? I remember finding Fee but I noticed in the files there's a bunch of Fairy files that aren't properly named.
That's cause you have to choose, either you accept the fairy's love and get some daily energy (and an outpost) or you enslave... err.. convince her to make loooong love with you and she become a matriarch.

Reactions: nad destroyer

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
That's so weird, I've not encountered it at all. Must just be really unlucky. I was just curious looking through the files, trying to change and add things has been sorta fun/sorta stressful haha.

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
That's so weird, I've not encountered it at all. Must just be really unlucky. I was just curious looking through the files, trying to change and add things has been sorta fun/sorta stressful haha.
Just stroll around in the mountains until you meet her... it's random so may take some time.

CraysisW

Jun 16, 2017
This game was the best experience for me in the games I've played so far.Due to the fact that it is quite long, you can get hours of content.When I'm bored, there's a harbor where I can take refuge.First of all, thank you very much for this nice game.It would be nice if there was something we could do to help.(Maybe Patreon)

Reactions: Repuci

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Think I'm done messing around with the files and stuff for now xD. Was interesting looking into how Twine works and linking up files so they show up in the game properly etc. I changed a fair bit and added quite a lot of images for my own amusement expanding on existing events and making more. I would share it but I'm not really sure how worth that is, and with the changed base file it would probably become incompatible the minute the actual game updates haha.

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
That's one of my favorite things to do with HTML games is adding my own images. I do it in The Company, this one, I can't remember the name but it's about a girl in the city with a boy/girl roommate. I started doing that in Girl Life.

Reactions: Fox.Mulder

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Yeah I was pretty surprised how addictive it got playing around in Twine. Playing through the game again with my added sections is kinda cool too. XD

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
I decided I may as well just add the file here if anyone wants to check it out. It's the first time I've used Twine or any kind of coding, and not everything turned out as perfectly as I wanted to I guess; but there's a fair amount of added random encounter content in there. Images and gifs, and some of those WEBM/MP4 things but only a couple (no audio). Only thing I'll say is to backup the main game first and only add these files to a copy of it, because I changed a lot of values from the main HTML/Twine file for the game so they would become immediately incompatible once the game gets a new official release. This was mainly done to see if I could even do it just for my own amusement! It also has some increased values on food and wood and stuff so stockpiling that is easier (mainly changed for when I was testing stuff). I couldn't figure out how the other mod changed how relationship stuff works though so that remains the same. The HTML file to open the game is included here, it SHOULD work fine... ha... ha...

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
I decided I may as well just add the file here if anyone wants to check it out. It's the first time I've used Twine or any kind of coding, and not everything turned out as perfectly as I wanted to I guess; but there's a fair amount of added random encounter content in there. Images and gifs, and some of those WEBM/MP4 things but only a couple (no audio). Only thing I'll say is to backup the main game first and only add these files to a copy of it, because I changed a lot of values from the main HTML/Twine file for the game so they would become immediately incompatible once the game gets a new official release. This was mainly done to see if I could even do it just for my own amusement! It also has some increased values on food and wood and stuff so stockpiling that is easier (mainly changed for when I was testing stuff). I couldn't figure out how the other mod changed how relationship stuff works though so that remains the same. The HTML file to open the game is included here, it SHOULD work fine... ha... ha...

Welcome to the modding team I guess ^^

Would be nice if you could give a bit more details about the file. Are there additional pics too? What is altered? How big is the download? Etc.

What do you mean with "relationship stuff"? May you just send a pm and ask? :D

Since @Beornwahl said he might be busy in the future it could be a good idea to assemble the motivated guys to further develop the game? Extra events and stuff should be welcome to Beorn anyways, no? I doubt he will refuse to add it if it works and doesn't blow up the main principles of the game (like adding more males, futas, e.g.) - still a fork is legit though.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Welcome to the modding team I guess ^^

Would be nice if you could give a bit more details about the file. Are there additional pics too? What is altered? How big is the download? Etc.

What do you mean with "relationship stuff"? May you just send a pm and ask? :D

Since @Beornwahl said he might be busy in the future it could be a good idea to assemble the motivated guys to further develop the game? Extra events and stuff should be welcome to Beorn anyways, no? I doubt he will refuse to add it if it works and doesn't blow up the main principles of the game (like adding more males, futas, e.g.) - still a fork is legit though.
Yeah I didn't really consider that I just sorta shared it.

Basically I've added more content/images to the random encounters for each region (sharks, elves, ghosts etc...), including some new ones altogether (like some lamia or wolf girls and stuff). I tried to add events from each facet, the elven area, human (real life), and the monster girl variety, but only for nameless random event sorta stuff, I didn't touch the named matriarchs or anything like that. I only actually REPLACED 2 images because I found gif variants of ones that already existed, everything else is new imagery. Some of the positioning of buttons and stuff wasn't quite to my liking but I'm not experienced enough to figure out why they moved slightly, but it's only by a few pixels I guess.

I added some extra stuff in the camp/castle and the Sanctuary castle to just call in some of your harem once you've gotten a ways into the game, and tried adding a similar feature into the villages for a bit of extra fun.

Like I said earlier though I did change the variables for collecting wood and stone and food (that's easily remedied) because sometimes I would need to start new games to test stuff and didn't wanna have everyone start dying through having no food haha. I think the file is about 1.3GB in it's compressed format.

And by "relationship" stuff, I seem to remember the mod from the OP having an option "sweet talk" that just unlocked all the options with your daughters right off the bat, but using the provided Twine file it didn't have that bit so I left that out since I had no idea how to recreate that, that's all.

I think that covers everything anyway. If you want the modified Twine file I'll add that to this post while I'm here.

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
Yeah I didn't really consider that I just sorta shared it.

Basically I've added more content/images to the random encounters for each region (sharks, elves, ghosts etc...), including some new ones altogether (like some lamia or wolf girls and stuff). I tried to add events from each facet, the elven area, human (real life), and the monster girl variety, but only for nameless random event sorta stuff, I didn't touch the named matriarchs or anything like that). I only actually REPLACED 2 images because I found gif variants of ones that already existed, everything else is new imagery. Some of the positioning of buttons and stuff wasn't quite to my liking but I'm not experienced enough to figure out why they moved slightly, but it's only by a few pixels I guess.

I added some extra stuff in the camp/castle and the Sanctuary castle to just call in some of your harem once you've gotten a ways into the game, and tried adding a similar feature into the villages for a bit of extra fun.

Like I said earlier though I did change the variables for collecting wood and stone and food (that's easily remedied) because sometimes I would need to start new games to test stuff and didn't wanna have everyone start dying through having no food haha. I think the file is about 1.3GB in it's compressed format.

And by "relationship" stuff, I seem to remember the mod from the OP having an option "sweet talk" that just unlocked all the options with your daughters right off the bat, but using the provided Twine file it didn't have that bit so I left that out since I had no idea how to recreate that, that's all.

I think that covers everything anyway. If you want the modified Twine file I'll add that to this post while I'm here.

Thanks for clarification.

The sweettalk thingy is from me since I just got bored (sorry Beorn!!) with the endless talks. You may just download the mod html and import it into twine. There will be a box "SkipQuiz" you can just copy into your Twine file. Also you will need to create the button, code is in SlaveTalk, just under the cloth fix... just copy that and enjoy. Of course you may alter the code to your likings.

Also check Generate XX Creature where I changed a bit :) to skip the furry girl beating which I also never liked very much...

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Ah right, yeah that's the kinda thing I've no idea how to create. The only things I picked up were from existing passages of code in the file. Never used it before, so did that image pack as a test moreso for myself to see what I could actually manage. Even working with code on the simpler side like this could get frustrating when things don't work haha.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I'm having trouble finding Nut, please help
already tried out the search option feature on this sit (it's in the top right corner of the website)? if not, use it. plenty of people alr. asked where nut is and how to solve her "puzzle".

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
Just a quick hello!

It's been a terrible awful month - no spare time at all. I don't see any respite in the near future either. So it's more fingers crossed than solid plans and deadlines for development at the moment. I've also not been that active here, so I have missed a lot of messages. For this I just want to apologies, though again I don't spy improvements in the near future.

I'm getting a job in a new place this February, so it'll most likely take much of my time settling in. So, again, more fingers crossed than solid plans at the moment.

To sate any itch you may have in the meanwhile - I believe the Free Cities pregmod is grand and gets updated daily (farm too).
Also Epaddder's Ren'Py Version: Adam and Gaia : THXE was updated this very January. Uhhh!!!

Mental hugs all around! Stay warm and well fed in this freezing cold winter!

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
@Beornwahl - Good luck with your new job and don't worry about things here too much :D

As far as the update for this month, it was just a bug fix and making sure the links with the patches pre-applied were available... my next big update is still in the future too. :whistle:

4.20 star(s) 54 Votes