4.20 star(s) 54 Votes

Ponyniac

Jul 25, 2017
After sitting and translating the Intro I thought of a solution that would google translate without breaking the code:

If you use chrome a translation feature is built into the browser - I can for example right click and ask chrome to translate a Russian page to English, maybe the same can be done the other way around? I admit the translation would slow down the game, but it's the best quick solution I could think of o_O
That's how I play. It looks so... Sreen.jpg
You can dress things only in English.
Do not worry, in Russia anyway soon disconnect the Internet :coldsweat:.

Reactions: Humlebien

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
Ok i swear you all are lying to me lol I encounter Tiamat once and then i build her temple then no where to be seen. it is like she vanishes

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
First off, Great! I love when I have something to look forward to (even if it is far away.)

Second,
the first error (which stupidly of me, I can't find the screenshot) it had to do with a random battle. I started one, and all of a sudden the new matriarch was there and there was a bunch of battle text and a error of some kind all at once, and I was like 5 minutes into the game.

Second error, I start a battle in the plains and defeat a simple enemy and *boom* I end up having defeated Freia in the mountains (who is a much harder enemy) This happened all three times and was how I progressed the quest with her (and no, I've been doing a clean run, no cheats...this time)
I've sent word of this to our top combat guy and will try what I can. Give us a few days though!

I had something similar happen where i was in camp and turned on the logs and all of a sudden i was in the mountains at a Freia scene...

The errors i was getting were mostly when trying to visit various outposts:

***Note that these are 3 different outposts, poison, wood, etc... all generate the same error. Only seems to occur in Jungle, haven't seen any in other regions.
I've fixed the outposts! How on Earth you could get to Freia from the camp is beyond me. What do you mean: you on the logs? Did you chop wood? Was it the cheat passage something?

One thing I found out recently from having to redownload on a new machine- none of the current DL options have the pictures for the "wild daughter" encounters after you send one away (checked all three mega downloads and the torrent (torrent seems very out of date btw), none had them), so those pics are currently unavailable unless you still had an older version as a base
I just checked too, and they're not even in my base master file! They've straight up disappeared!
I'm going to look through some old mega files to see if they're still in there somewhere...

Well spotted, Tidalbore. Cheers from here.

No clue if it was already reported or not, but the Sarai images always fail to load. Maybe theres a typo on the file path in the code? I'm talking about her random encounters, I've not got her to the camp yet. Also, those are the first two encouters so I can't say anything about the sex scenes because I haven't got them yet.
Yeah, I got the same problem. Still get the encounters in the game, but no images. Which is weird.
Hey, ox and farmer (great name combo btw), what events does this happen for? Is it all of them? Do you use Linux?

You may want to alter the models for Mia Khalifa or for the new indian one. Both have Sunny Leone and Priya Rai as possible kids.
Oh yeah! Must admit I'm inclined to let them be, but I'll put it on the fix list. Cheers!

Beornwahl, I've made some clarification/reorganization to the sidebar, if you're interested.
The conditions on Blessings are removed because I don't see the point to them.
View attachment 91721
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmm, interesting! Maybe it is time for a little revamp of the UI...

That's how I play. It looks so... View attachment 91748
You can dress things only in English.
Do not worry, in Russia anyway soon disconnect the Internet :coldsweat:.
What the hell?! Is Russian gonna make its own Internet then??

Ok i swear you all are lying to me lol I encounter Tiamat once and then i build her temple then no where to be seen. it is like she vanishes
The last bit of her quest, after building the portal, contains a choice that can remove her from the game. But are you talking about after successfully finishing her questline? Cause that would be a bug I'd have to look into.

Reactions: Hoostevall

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
The last bit of her quest, after building the portal, contains a choice that can remove her from the game. But are you talking about after successfully finishing her questline? Cause that would be a bug I'd have to look into.
I think that is where i messed up. When i talk to her the first time i tell her about the crystals and what i have to do then i dont build the portal. That is where i messed up lol ok now off to get Tiamat :) then i build the zigg and i cant find her that is probably why

fireox

Mar 17, 2018
I've sent word of this to our top combat guy and will try what I can. Give us a few days though!

I've fixed the outposts! How on Earth you could get to Freia from the camp is beyond me. What do you mean: you on the logs? Did you chop wood? Was it the cheat passage something?

I just checked too, and they're not even in my base master file! They've straight up disappeared!
I'm going to look through some old mega files to see if they're still in there somewhere...

Well spotted, Tidalbore. Cheers from here.

Hey, ox and farmer (great name combo btw), what events does this happen for? Is it all of them? Do you use Linux?

Oh yeah! Must admit I'm inclined to let them be, but I'll put it on the fix list. Cheers!

Hmm, interesting! Maybe it is time for a little revamp of the UI...

What the hell?! Is Russian gonna make its own Internet then??

It's happening in all her events, I got Sarai to the camp and even there the images don't work. Not sure if there's a problem with her daughters too since I did not have any with her yet. Also I'm playing on Windows 10.

EDIT: Just had a child with her, no images from the child either.

EDIT2: Just had a look inside the images folder there's no Sarai folder in the characters folder.

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
It's happening in all her events, I got Sarai to the camp and even there the images don't work. Not sure if there's a problem with her daughters too since I did not have any with her yet. Also I'm playing on Windows 10.

EDIT: Just had a child with her, no images from the child either.

EDIT2: Just had a look inside the images folder there's no Sarai folder in the characters folder.
And you downloaded the image folder via the mega/nofile link and not just the html-Player file attached?

I've just checked the mega download, and it contains the pictures. It's really a shame you went through the quest line without the pics, some of them are wunderbar!

Apr 7, 2018
Beornwahl, I want to launch a discussion.
After extensively LINUX-Bashing your HTML file so I could read the near native pseudocode, I've skimmed it, and I've had multiple ideas after my experience playing it.

To check for impregnation chances, it would be easier to set a variable threshold (ex: $ImpregThreshold) and purchasing fertility perks diminish the threshold. For example you currently use in High Preg and Low Preg these threshold: 80, 60, 40, 20, 10, and effectively 0. You currently use a bloc of 13 lines for that. You could do it in just 3 lines like that:

HP and XP both suffer from a problem of scaling. XP become useless at some point, because each perks has been purchased, and HP only continues to grow, where even a fight become a foregone conclusion. In contrast, Energy becomes the great precious resource. Changing the leveling system could be the solution and/or modifying the perks and their cost.
Example: Purchasing HP instead of automatically gaining it, with increasing costs, same for fertility, energy, well all perks.

Currently, using a bow is no different from using a sword, except for the limitation of arrows. Perhaps initiate a fight a little differently, with a chance of starting far from the opponent, and using a bow then does not allow for retaliation for a certain number of rounds (1 to 3). The initial chance of starting far away could be a detection variable, which could then be modified by perks.

For CSS, I can only recommend you to contact others Twine creators for how to incorporate them (such as Whiskeyrose), but these resources should be quite useful anyway:

Anyway, I'll continue playing it and making some small changes/optimizations.

Apr 7, 2018
New improvements and completion for the sidebar.
AdamGaiaSidebar2.png AdamGaiaSidebar3.png

The second thumbnail shows the sidebar when any link from the sidebar (except the wiki) is accessed, which allows to return to the previous page from the sidebar itself. As such, in each of those pages, the <<return>> code can be safely removed.

If the text presentation for iron and potions is changed, it's because I'm a maniac and I wanted to group each Variable by alphabetic order and by theme (consumables & infrastucture).

Also, you should decide whether you use armor or armour, and stick to it. It is jarring to see both used.

For the camp ("Castle"), there are only tests for Rheia, Freia, Inanna, Izanami, Nambi, the other matriarches are not included in the description. Also, currently the image is the same for the camp, the display condition is useless.

Corrections:
  • in "End Week", when calculating the return of $OutpostPotions, you should remove the s to $Potions, as there is no such variable.
  • in "Food Farming", there is a double THE: Using the the preservatives you've gathered, you work it into the food to inhibit the growth of bacteria, yeasts, and mold.

Reactions: Halfelf

fireox

Mar 17, 2018
And you downloaded the image folder via the mega/nofile link and not just the html-Player file attached?

I've just checked the mega download, and it contains the pictures. It's really a shame you went through the quest line without the pics, some of them are wunderbar!
Yep I downloaded everything there through NoFile. Maybe check to see if the NoFile has the images too, I'm really positive that I've downloaded everything I should have, going to download the Mega file now to fix the missing images problem. Ty for the replies.

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
Something should be done about the resource encounters, walking around with 8,000 wood and getting the wood encounter in the jungle three times in a row was actually infuriating. Sure there were some other monster encounters that weren't really what I was looking for but at least they served a purpose.

Reactions: Hoostevall

Amenahek

Oct 8, 2017
I can also confirm that the wild child event pics are missing in my game. I downloaded the main folder, the updates and the separate html file.

FutaFan69

Jun 24, 2017
For some reason Sita is not appearing for me. I've explored the jungle 120 times (with all villages/dens and izanami at camp) and can't find anything involving her.

Hoostevall

Aug 15, 2017
I can also confirm that the wild child event pics are missing in my game. I downloaded the main folder, the updates and the separate html file.
I've never experienced wild child events, so can't weigh in on this discussion. Although, now that it's been mentioned I really wanna see what it's all about:eazyHype: Shame, it doesn't exist in the new version:pokerFace:

Denn17

Jul 21, 2017
Apparently you need 50 daughters first
Well,time to start pumping some love into this game.

On a side note,Beornwhal,what's the plan from now on,bro?I assume fixing bugs,adding more images and GIFs,improving the interface,but sooner than later,you are going to need to work on that whole,"oh shit elfs" stuff.I bet it will all be about some lonely elf chicks,but please,allow me to improve on this idea.

What if an elf guy was "awoken" along you?

A rival in a competition for women,power and the world.You take a matriarch and pump out some kids,you become more powerful and while that happens he does just the same,but with other elfs and creatures,heck you could even say human women,but you could also make some reason that he finds us repulsive or something.It should depend on the route you take.You go for genocide(the one I enjoy the most for some reason,killing all those furries is really enjoyable)you finish what your ancestors started and make the elfs extinct.You could make some population mechanic where your girls could go fight them on the field,you know,some of them dying,you could capture some elf babes and so on and so forth...Peaceful route,just fucking them into extinction,something we,the homo sapiens,are known for.I await for your response.

Reactions: fireox

fireox

Mar 17, 2018
I like the war route because it will also incetivize you to breed an army into existence. Some actual kingdom mechanics would be cool like upgrading your castle, forming an army, growing the villages and eventually merging villages close together into cities. Maybe when the curse is lifted the game takes an empire management direction, maybe there's a lost continent out there that you should conquer. Also the rival elf would be fun, perhaps there is another and mysterious god (Gaia's rival) out there that just isn't too fond of humanity. We got hints to this already (with Rheia's curse, the rat altar, the portal) and etc. Also don't we have a lost brother somewhere? I remember reading something about it on Rheia's quest line.

Reactions: Denn17

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
Beornwahl, I want to launch a discussion.
After extensively LINUX-Bashing your HTML file so I could read the near native pseudocode, I've skimmed it, and I've had multiple ideas after my experience playing it.

To check for impregnation chances, it would be easier to set a variable threshold (ex: $ImpregThreshold) and purchasing fertility perks diminish the threshold. For example you currently use in High Preg and Low Preg these threshold: 80, 60, 40, 20, 10, and effectively 0. You currently use a bloc of 13 lines for that. You could do it in just 3 lines like that:

HP and XP both suffer from a problem of scaling. XP become useless at some point, because each perks has been purchased, and HP only continues to grow, where even a fight become a foregone conclusion. In contrast, Energy becomes the great precious resource. Changing the leveling system could be the solution and/or modifying the perks and their cost.
Example: Purchasing HP instead of automatically gaining it, with increasing costs, same for fertility, energy, well all perks.

Currently, using a bow is no different from using a sword, except for the limitation of arrows. Perhaps initiate a fight a little differently, with a chance of starting far from the opponent, and using a bow then does not allow for retaliation for a certain number of rounds (1 to 3). The initial chance of starting far away could be a detection variable, which could then be modified by perks.

For CSS, I can only recommend you to contact others Twine creators for how to incorporate them (such as Whiskeyrose), but these resources should be quite useful anyway:

Anyway, I'll continue playing it and making some small changes/optimizations.

New improvements and completion for the sidebar.
View attachment 92025 View attachment 92026

The second thumbnail shows the sidebar when any link from the sidebar (except the wiki) is accessed, which allows to return to the previous page from the sidebar itself. As such, in each of those pages, the <<return>> code can be safely removed.

If the text presentation for iron and potions is changed, it's because I'm a maniac and I wanted to group each Variable by alphabetic order and by theme (consumables & infrastucture).

Also, you should decide whether you use armor or armour, and stick to it. It is jarring to see both used.

For the camp ("Castle"), there are only tests for Rheia, Freia, Inanna, Izanami, Nambi, the other matriarches are not included in the description. Also, currently the image is the same for the camp, the display condition is useless.

Corrections:
  • in "End Week", when calculating the return of $OutpostPotions, you should remove the s to $Potions, as there is no such variable.
  • in "Food Farming", there is a double THE: Using the the preservatives you've gathered, you work it into the food to inhibit the growth of bacteria, yeasts, and mold.
Thank you, Innominatus! I'll get right on the fixes, but looking into the CSS will take a while - not my forte :frown: I'll wait with UI tweaks until the Elven update, where potions and clothes will finally become useful. The flavour text for the camp is indeed outdated, I'll add text for the new matriarchs in the next 1.9 update.

Yep I downloaded everything there through NoFile. Maybe check to see if the NoFile has the images too, I'm really positive that I've downloaded everything I should have, going to download the Mega file now to fix the missing images problem. Ty for the replies.
I've just given the Nofile a download too, and it contains everything - seems to be in the right folder build too. Are you sure you can't find a Sarai folder? If you do, and it still doesn't work, make sure its placed with the other matriarch folders, that's the best I can say :(

@Beornwahl you probably already are aware of this, but the links to the images for the wild daughters are broken
Wild child events. I get the events, but no images and I go looking in the image folders and they're not there anymore.
I've never experienced wild child events, so can't weigh in on this discussion. Although, now that it's been mentioned I really wanna see what it's all about:eazyHype: Shame, it doesn't exist in the new version:pokerFace:
I'll make sure the next grand upload contains the (mysteriously) missing pictures.

For now you can get them here:

For some reason Sita is not appearing for me. I've explored the jungle 120 times (with all villages/dens and izanami at camp) and can't find anything involving her.
What's your Player file version name? Have you had the initial encounter or none at all?

Woot i finally got Tiamat lol the problem was i didnt build the portal. Dumb me lol. And i did like the story as well @Beornwahl
Thank you - it really was one of my favorite stories to write too. Are you an old COC fan perhaps?

Well,time to start pumping some love into this game.

On a side note,Beornwhal,what's the plan from now on,bro?I assume fixing bugs,adding more images and GIFs,improving the interface,but sooner than later,you are going to need to work on that whole,"oh shit elfs" stuff.I bet it will all be about some lonely elf chicks,but please,allow me to improve on this idea.

What if an elf guy was "awoken" along you?

A rival in a competition for women,power and the world.You take a matriarch and pump out some kids,you become more powerful and while that happens he does just the same,but with other elfs and creatures,heck you could even say human women,but you could also make some reason that he finds us repulsive or something.It should depend on the route you take.You go for genocide(the one I enjoy the most for some reason,killing all those furries is really enjoyable)you finish what your ancestors started and make the elfs extinct.You could make some population mechanic where your girls could go fight them on the field,you know,some of them dying,you could capture some elf babes and so on and so forth...Peaceful route,just fucking them into extinction,something we,the homo sapiens,are known for.I await for your response.
The requirement for number of children isn't in regard to meeting her, but to a later quest stage. If you haven't meet her at all you need to ensure you have the latest Playerfile version or contact me since it might be a bug.

You're closer to the plot than you relize there lad! Now this is all totally hush hush! Buuut:

There is indeed one single other male alive in the world of Gaia, and he is indeed an elf. It happens to be the very elf that planed and cast the deadly Curse upon the human race, and that even now stands as the pure antagonist of Gaia's Chosen, for he uses his abilities to prevent the birth of any male child, de facto annihilating the new human race, and harnesses their power. He will be the last battle of the player, and the game.

However, he isn't part of the Elven Update. He will be the final update to the game, before I end development -so don't be too hasty wishing for his arrival!

I like the war route because it will also incetivize you to breed an army into existence. Some actual kingdom mechanics would be cool like upgrading your castle, forming an army, growing the villages and eventually merging villages close together into cities. Maybe when the curse is lifted the game takes an empire management direction, maybe there's a lost continent out there that you should conquer. Also the rival elf would be fun, perhaps there is another and mysterious god (Gaia's rival) out there that just isn't too fond of humanity. We got hints to this already (with Rheia's curse, the rat altar, the portal) and etc. Also don't we have a lost brother somewhere? I remember reading something about it on Rheia's quest line.
This sounds like an idea for a sequel! One day into the far future where I've become good enough at coding to achieve this wonderful dream! Though there will be a Castle update after the Elven one.

4.20 star(s) 54 Votes