Ren'Py Abandoned Aeos: The NSFW Adventure Generator [v0.4 Demo] [DergeProductions]

2.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
:) Thanks. I have more updates before then though. Steam will be special though. Any release funds are going straight into more assets and developing art to make the game better. :)

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Irony of implementing a new battle system.

Implementing it is a battle.

Here is an example of the new system.

You now have care and control over battles with:

5 actions: attack, inventory (since I know some of you cheated and pulled it up anyway lol) guard (lose turn, restore 10% hp), run away, and cast magic.

There are also a few fixes: monster def and mdef now affects damage against them

Monster types dictate their def and mdef, ie: normal creatures which have good def, and high mdef, summoned creatures which are balanced between them, and magical creatures which have very high def, and very low mdef.

The magic system is just a taste leading upto chapter two, but it completely rewrites how you will approach battles especially with slimes who now have high def, and a standard 5 mdef, which is a racial characteristic.

Group images now show the group (i see some cut off. I will fix later.)

And... weapons now have primary and magical types. Same with armours. Some are naturally more magical. -Derge

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Hey all. A little update. I have done a ton of polishing, and taken Jakus to the next chapter. I would be polishing Lucy off, but I'm not. The new battle system is taking me forever to finish upgrading fully. Especially because all the old battles need to be replaced, and some jackass made us walk six maps into a 30 map dungeon full of monsters to battle.

That guy is an A-hole. And I don't like him rn. Its been 16 hours. I am on Slime dungeon 5. Anyway I am off to bed. I will finish tomorrow so we can do at least one of these updates.

On the plus side the new battle system, atleast look Breath of fire inspired. I love it. :)

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hmm...any idea or a vague guess when i can play or test lucy? I only had the prologue so far and the current version dont even had it implemented so i had nothing since the first 2 releases. I read tons about new systems and features but thats all. I wanna play it too and see it with my own eyes :cry:

Reactions: Dergeproductions

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Hmm...any idea or a vague guess when i can play or test lucy? I only had the prologue so far and the current version dont even had it implemented so i had nothing since the first 2 releases. I read tons about new systems and features but thats all. I wanna play it too and see it with my own eyes :cry:
Soon. I am working every minute of the day on this. :( The

Son of a beotch.

My internet died while writing this.

I have to run to the store for a new modem code.

Virulent, the universe is being a dick rn and not letting me finish haha.

Soon. I will go get the cord, come back, and finish this damn thing.

The good news is once it's done you will be busy with Lucy.

70+ maps just for her

Hundreds of battles and stories.

City building.

New, new battle system.

More features. Back in 10.

Let me know if you wanna see some screen shots while I work as teasers.

Reactions: Virulenz

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Vague guess is I have 30 hours of work left at minium. Before both Jakus and Lucy are done their Chapter 1s with all the new bells and whistles.

Reactions: Virulenz

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Cool, cool, Now just finish that up in the next 12 hours and we will be happy :p
And from now on, get every weekly update done in 2 days.

*Seriously* take your time and dont burn out. Do it all at your own pace.
We are here and arent going away.
My face when I read that first line... -.-

Internet back up. It started working again without a new cord so lets hope it lasts.

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
The amount of fixes I have made in the cavern of slimes is over 1000 lines. How have you all not complained more. 23 endings, literally ended the game instead of returning to the map. XD

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Dont worry, once lucy is done i will complain about every single bug and possible improvements i find ^^
Finding problems one of my strongest points...in other areas i am also good in solving them with the most unconventional ways, sadly coding is not my area.

x~Minchen~x

Feb 26, 2019
Dont worry, once lucy is done i will complain about every single bug and possible improvements i find ^^
Finding problems one of my strongest points...in other areas i am also good in solving them with the most unconventional ways, sadly coding is not my area.
Pretty much this.

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Pretty much this.

o_O Me looking at the delete button for lucy to avoid them finding problems.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
tz tz tz...you just said "How have you all not complained more" and now you are complaining because we promised to complain...wow, never used 3 forms of a single word in a single sentence before, my english teach would either be proud or jumping down the bridge ^^

• Haha

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
tz tz tz...you just said "How have you all not complained more" and now you are complaining because we promised to complain...wow, never used 3 forms of a single word in a single sentence before, my english teach would either be proud or jumping down the bridge ^^
XD

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Okay. Thoughts on this. As it will help to lengthen the game. It's not really about grind, but to make sure we dont have people skipping battlle 10000x. You can only level up once per battle. You store the rest of the xp. So if you want to access all those levels, you have to return to town and sleep to do it. Thoughts?

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
It's definately better. And it feels like a video game now; however, for polishing I am going to need a belt sander. Tomorrow I think I am going to focus more on a forensic kind of line by line check of the code for impurities, and some "Breath of life" improvements, to make the town and city more lively. Then I will continue with the regular work of completing everything else.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hmm...not really a fan of the sleep to level idea...the first mod i ever downloaded for oblivion was one to skip that step and auto level up if the xp allow it...now i always have around 100, but this mod is still the first.
It just dont makes sense. You gain xp on the battlefield, so you get better there, not in a bed...well, except you earn xp for sex too, but that would be a separate skilltree ^^
However, flip-flopping is annoying, its enough most games have most questgivers in towns, no need to run there more often.

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Hmm...not really a fan of the sleep to level idea...the first mod i ever downloaded for oblivion was one to skip that step and auto level up if the xp allow it...now i always have around 100, but this mod is still the first.
It just dont makes sense. You gain xp on the battlefield, so you get better there, not in a bed...well, except you earn xp for sex too, but that would be a separate skilltree ^^
However, flip-flopping is annoying, its enough most games have most questgivers in towns, no need to run there more often.
this issue is also in the code. I had a friend consult on making our level up systems more concise. They did. Now it takes half the space and works half as well. XD damn it. I will adjust to sort it out.

2.00 star(s) 4 Votes