Unity Afflicted Demon Slayer [v0.1.18 Prototype] [Afflicted Mind]

2.70 star(s) 7 Votes

n0-floW

Dec 3, 2017
Yeah, I think you shared your game to soon.
I mean... some weirdo tries to kill PC but instead she gets naked - that's ok I think, but where the heck those monsters came from as that dude was (for no reason) transforming everyone into a meat pulp?
Well, I hope that you will explain it to us soon.
Also think about getting some help with creating art and animation, as for now it looks more like slideshow from paint. Remember, that you can always ask for help our community (https://f95zone.to/forums/recruitment-services.117/) :)

As for the controls - ok for now, I think, but we will see as game will become more complex.

Overally, your game is in too early state to evaluate, so good luck with developing. :)

n0-floW

Dec 3, 2017
Well, if I thought I had good idea I would try to make a game in godot engine or wolf rpg (but I won't because I'm also lazy af...)
But because of covid unity gave for everyone 3 free months of unity learning premium (or whatever they are calling it) so maybe that's why unity... But well, some prefers unity over other engines.

woofie

Dec 12, 2018
All jokes aside, Games are more then their graphics, and the latter won't get you dedicated followers.
The core gameplay is solid, and I personally really like it.
Will defenitely be following this one. I just hope you won't hide it behind a paywall ..
You literally have 0 patreons rn. Who are you hiding posts from?
You could start with a 1 and 5 dollar patreon but leave everything open .. attract people who don't pledge but still follow the progress .. and switch to locking things down the line .. but ... not this.

Good creator for the effort and results! bad creator for your patreon policy.

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020
I'll be honest, having this as your first presentation to attract customers to Patreon is a poor idea.
And yes, this is about the art.
When consumers look at a new product, they don't think about the outcome, only at the initial presentation.
Your cooking may be masterchef, but if it look like shit then chances are you just scared off the majority of the potential patrons.
And that doesn't even include the 0 patron with every post locked behind the pay wall. So yeah, that look bad, real bad.
Believe me, i want you to do good, as it will benefit me in turn. But this just isn't how you do marketing. And you need the marketing if you hope to make money out of your effort, my friend.

What i would do is polishing the art to at least give it a semblance of stylistic before using it. In the mean time, use RPG sprite, commisioned art, anything else really that doesn't look like MS Paint doodles. Or hell, make it a Text game with no art whatsoever, then implement them later down the line. That would still look more professional to be honest with you.

But hey, if you don't really care about the business side of things, then by all mean. I wish you luck on this very long road, and sorry for the rant. :HideThePain:

Varmint6746

Jun 16, 2017
This is not funny. I'm 24 and Dev draws better than me :(

Jokes aside... The art needs to improve a lot if you want to hook people. There are other games where you can see they lack mechanism and has an entire hell of bugs on their first release, but they look really good.

Maybe you should have waited until your game has at least a decent art. But you have already done it, so the only thing I can say is don't give up on your project and improve your skills. If you really want to make a great game for you, be better.

Jan 12, 2020
I find it funny how many of the comments give actual good feedback when this is clearly just a trolling shitpost. I don't consider myself a good artist and I'm the type of weirdo that finds the weirdest cartoon shit hot, but it's very obvious that you put very little effort into the presentation here. The backgrounds are just a mess of colors, the proportions are off and the main character is the only thing that has any shading or highlights (and even she doesn't look good). All of these things could be acceptable in a pixel game but as a 2DCG game it's miles below the bar.

IllumiNaughty

Aug 5, 2017
I have a favoritism towards these style games due to their art/style. Its got a charming aspect on how they start and then end up looking and playing later. I'll be watching for the long haul. Keep up the work and it'll show. You'll only get better. Good luck, and don't let anyone stop you.
We all have our beginnings somewhere.

2.70 star(s) 7 Votes