Unity Afflicted Demon Slayer [v0.1.18 Prototype] [Afflicted Mind]

2.70 star(s) 7 Votes

Afflicted Mind

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
The game has been updated quite a bit, one more monster, trigger animation change, collision, health system, game over.

Now I'm implementing shortcut system, to trigger healing item to heal player and will trigger spell book/scroll in the near future.

The art is the same though lol, will be a while until I lay out all the basic game system then I'll came back to improve the art and

I'll add some sound soon though, will need to stimulate thems animations a little bit more.

Come join at discord to discuss and help test the game!
You'll get access to experimental builds folder as a contributor!!!

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Damn, this game's art is hilarious... dunno why but I just can't stop laughing :KEK:

Imma try this coz it piqued my interest.

Jokes aside, well, seriously I still can't stop laughing...

Ahem..

So.. Game Dev, don't be to bothered by the negative reactions... Not everyone has the same art style appreciation, I mean, your's might be imperfect, but sometimes imperfection in itself is a kind of beauty.

Now, if you would change their sprite sooner or later is up to you (though I guess it's for the better since I'm probably only in the minority that likes how it looks).

SlowDance

May 5, 2017
The art is the same though lol, will be a while until I lay out all the basic game system then I'll came back to improve the art and I'll add some sound soon though, will need to stimulate thems animations a little bit more.
I'm impressed. You seem to have a right proper thick skin, and a realistic perspective on the development of your game. With this attitude I don't see why you shouldn't eventually see your game become everything you'd like it to be. Full disclosure mate, I haven't tried it yet... but I look forward to doing so when the graphics are more developed. Carry on and cheers.

FallenSkye

May 27, 2019
So bad it actually attracted 5 pages of people to come wish you good tidings lol Hope you improve and create something incredible in the future.

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
Clearly some people do like what you have done so far as you already have two supporters on Patreon and I must admit there is potential here. Current state has some cool concepts and I have seen other projects that started out with cool concepts but very bad art and very bad gameplay that eventually became amazing games.

At the same time I have seen games that started off very promising only to end up getting cancelled after year(s) of development. Sometimes the turtle truly does win the race.

In any case, I tried the game in current state and put it on my watch list I am sure things will improve as you gain skills through experience. Heck even if your finished product uses art in current shape but has good gameplay would not be too bad your next game can be better.

bobjones9792

May 27, 2017
@Afflicted Mind,

Have you considered Rpgmaker?

I don't know how difficult it is to code in Unity, but one thing Rpgmaker does fairly well is sprites and custom art. Wolf RPG also does pretty well with it. There's a rpgmaker game called "Untitled RPG" which also looks like it was made in MS Paint, but I kinda like it. NTRPG is also entirely sprite based, and pretty hot.

Another thing, if you create chibi sprites, its easier to create better looking works because you are dealing with small figures, so you can afford to zoom in max in paint and color in individual pixels. If this project doesn't work out with Unity, try using rpgmaker/wolfrpg and creating custom sex sprites.

2.70 star(s) 7 Votes