Unity Afflicted Demon Slayer [v0.1.18 Prototype] [Afflicted Mind]

2.70 star(s) 7 Votes

chesire

May 5, 2017
Best game 2020. We have reached the limit now. Not even AAA gane can challenge these graphics. 100% must play
It's like crisis all over again.

Afflicted Mind

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Hi guys! just got enough courage to get back to this thread lol.
I'm very new to making games but gaddamn, when I learn what Unity can do what I want it to do, I kind of want to rush these stuff out ASAP.
For the art it'll stay like this for a while lol, I don't have any background on any artistic stuff but I'll be sure as hell not gonna let it stay like this forever.
For a long while it'll be me testing out the mechanics and stuff, and putting out some more of these animated pixel arts lool
Thanks you for the feedback guys!!!

Jeno

Donor
Aug 27, 2017
Heh, I just opened this thread to see what the replies would be like. Actually pleasantly surprised by them. Sure, some are what I had expected, but a lot are supportive too, really cool of you guys :)
Afflicted Mind Good on you for doing what you can with what you have. You know what you need to improve on and you have the drive to do it so... good luck man :p

Reactions: noibo

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
Okay guys, I know all these lockdown is boring for us, but let's keep this thread with real discussion, okay? All these wishes, we can't really differentiate them all between real good intention or just plain sarcasm (we're just human and trying to be as critical+neutral as we can). Plus, some people take it at face value and may think it's inappropriate.

So, if this game wasn't your cup of tea, just leave it. If you like it, maybe help answering FAQ to newcomer or give actual advice (?).

Sep 4, 2018
I find it funny how many of the comments give actual good feedback when this is clearly just a trolling shitpost. I don't consider myself a good artist and I'm the type of weirdo that finds the weirdest cartoon shit hot, but it's very obvious that you put very little effort into the presentation here. The backgrounds are just a mess of colors, the proportions are off and the main character is the only thing that has any shading or highlights (and even she doesn't look good). All of these things could be acceptable in a pixel game but as a 2DCG game it's miles below the bar.
I had the exact same thought when I saw this game for the first time "This must be a joke, it can't be real, dev is a trol", but I also find the weirdest cartoon shit hot, so I had a very good time laughing to the game's art.

But maybe the dev is being honest, he's just inexperienced and trying his best in his first attempt. Well, in this case art won't be a problem if he put it in a surreal world with a lot of absurdist humour situations. Actually, here lies a great opportunity since I never saw a game like this in the eroge genre.

turkler

Apr 18, 2019
this is some awful meme garbage, I love it

/uj it's still better than the shitty unity games that seems to be everywhere

Sep 4, 2018
Well, since everybody is jumping in the "it's still better than" wagon, I'm gonna follow them too!

At least it's still better than those gazilion incest games with daz3d latex sexdolls render, who always have the same plot:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Turkish Coffee

Semi Rukiya

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
I'm not gonna join that ,,at least better than..." and other sarcastic comments. I will be honest - You fucked up. And I don't say the game itself is bad (even if it is but it depends on person, so let's just leave it), I say You were completely not prepared. The first thing You should do is to learn some basic things about pixel art, as I believe this is Your goal here seeing the pretty low resolution of... Err... Models. The art itself is even funny, and that's not a bad thing depending on what You are aiming for, but You've got a lot of jaggies, which completely ruin everything - so this is the one thing You need to learn about. The other is a color palette. Many artists struggle because of that, and if You will use ,,just some colors" it might look very bad, so learning about colors and shades is another thing that You need to learn if You want to give us some quality content. Also, there is a rule about background and foreground details, which says that You should choose between detailed background OR Foreground - pick one, and the other should be less detailed, which in this case is not a problem - yet - but You should keep it in mind just in case. Remember to make Your character coloristically different from the background and other objects, so the Player will always be able to see it.

I'm not a pro with pixel art myself yet, I'm still learning, but I've decided to share some basic knowledge with You anyway. Work on those things and You should be good to go.

Reactions: Afflicted Mind

mickky44

Jan 31, 2018
View attachment 633486

Overview:
Eterria, the war ravaged land of gods and demons, humans are nothing but pawns. Among those lowly humans, there are those who branded "Afflicted" whose body reacted differently to the power of gods and demons. With the imbued power of their enslavers, they hold the key to tip the scale of war, but at what cost?
An unknown adventurer travelling through the wood. Something sinister lay awaits for her arrival.​

Thread Updated: 2020-04-26
Release Date: 2020-04-26
Developer: Afflicted Mind
Censored: No
Version: v0.1.01 Alpha
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Message from F95zone Staff/Moderation team - HERE

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - GDRIVE -

View attachment 633520 View attachment 633526 View attachment 633527 View attachment 633528 View attachment 633529
Sorry for ripping your game file i just want to re-image
reference from AlienQuest-EVE

Afflicted Mind

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
I'm not gonna join that ,,at least better than..." and other sarcastic comments. I will be honest - You fucked up. And I don't say the game itself is bad (even if it is but it depends on person, so let's just leave it), I say You were completely not prepared. The first thing You should do is to learn some basic things about pixel art, as I believe this is Your goal here seeing the pretty low resolution of... Err... Models. The art itself is even funny, and that's not a bad thing depending on what You are aiming for, but You've got a lot of jaggies, which completely ruin everything - so this is the one thing You need to learn about. The other is a color palette. Many artists struggle because of that, and if You will use ,,just some colors" it might look very bad, so learning about colors and shades is another thing that You need to learn if You want to give us some quality content. Also, there is a rule about background and foreground details, which says that You should choose between detailed background OR Foreground - pick one, and the other should be less detailed, which in this case is not a problem - yet - but You should keep it in mind just in case. Remember to make Your character coloristically different from the background and other objects, so the Player will always be able to see it.

I'm not a pro with pixel art myself yet, I'm still learning, but I've decided to share some basic knowledge with You anyway. Work on those things and You should be good to go.
Thanks for the advice man. I absolutely know what you're talking about lol, hopefully it will improve overtime. I'm in a habit of just putting stuff out asap at the moment. It seems pretty bad on a development side I guess.

2.70 star(s) 7 Votes