3.40 star(s) 57 Votes

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
It is kinda annoying that it went on development hold RIGHT after one of the biggest moments in the game
Yeah the timing wasn't exactly amazing, but at least it still feels relatively early in the game, so when it gets back on track there's plenty to look forward to.
I think it would have been worse for me if we had got even more of a taste of Meg and then it had stopped.

yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018
I've never seen a game with more development problems. I've given up on it for coping purposes, but am hopeful dev gets to work out his irl issues.

Redelin

Sep 20, 2017
The game is lucky it has a good story, because the devs handled this situation terribly imo. First stating “irl issues” that they wanted to keep private that turned out to be the artist having to prioritize work? How was this not communicated until now? They made it seem like a death or some hospitalization happened in their life. That could’ve definitely been communicated a lot clearer. Hopefully they handled it more professionally with their publisher. Especially with learning that the game hasn’t had an actually update to its content since 2021 I’m really starting to think the future of this project is not very promising.

Reactions: Yuuki Ban

bcgibson

Mar 5, 2022
The developers were really scummy predating when they haven’t even started the project and it was just an announcement. It was supposed to be a fully fledged animated game that was supposed to be better than their old flash animations. They scaled back to still images that always end up lacking in appeal, had development hell losing the code to the game, demanded more money to fix their problems. Just all around a shit show. Who the hell keeps someone employed or paid just to promise something less than what was promised and ask for a raise? Fuck these people.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
I mean they stated in April that they were "busier than usual", the same month as it went on hold. I don't think the nature of the issues were ever a secret to anyone who ever read the thread in discord.

Redelin

Sep 20, 2017
I mean they stated in April that they were "busier than usual", the same month as it went on hold. I don't think the nature of the issues were ever a secret to anyone who ever read the thread in discord.
From what I recall, they went about saying “IRL problems” were what was preventing progress on the game. At no point was it indicated that a prior work commitment was the issue and until a guy recently asked what the problem was to which the artist revealed that it was work related. Pretty unprofessional to be so cagey about that to your audience especially after having just came back from a previous delay the year prior that resulted in them losing the unity dev (and I’m pretty sure over the course of this project, the original writer left). The worst part was the momentum they had, telling their community that they’re back in business, getting a publisher for steam and posting a steam release that was originally set for May before being changed to August and then postponed indefinitely. I’m really curious how the publisher took it, especially since the steam page is still up, but now has no release date.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
From what I recall, they went about saying “IRL problems” were what was preventing progress on the game. At no point was it indicated that a prior work commitment was the issue and until a guy recently asked what the problem was to which the artist revealed that it was work related. Pretty unprofessional to be so cagey about that to your audience especially after having just came back from a previous delay the year prior that resulted in them losing the unity dev (and I’m pretty sure over the course of this project, the original writer left). The worst part was the momentum they had, telling their community that they’re back in business, getting a publisher for steam and posting a steam release that was originally set for May before being changed to August and then postponed indefinitely. I’m really curious how the publisher took it, especially since the steam page is still up, but now has no release date.
Yeah I think that's fair. I think it was "IRL issues" and not "problems" but potato karate.
I just distinctly remember the dev saying he was "busy" a few days after the original announcement of being on hold.
The disappointing thing to me is the inability to foresee that previous work engagements could have an impact on the development, but I attribute that to incompetence, not to malice.
It's funny I'm participating in a similar conversation in another thread where my stance is pretty much the opposite.

3.40 star(s) 57 Votes