4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

nhel

Feb 26, 2018
here is my android port of Aftermath 1.0

LeCruft

Apr 15, 2018
Just wondering, does anyone know if the dev has a blogpost or something similar where they talk about progress? or do they just update the thread whenever they come out with new content?

Reactions: VileMedia

VileMedia

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
Just wondering, does anyone know if the dev has a blogpost or something similar where they talk about progress? or do they just update the thread whenever they come out with new content?
This account and this thread is currently my only presence online so I'll post any updates here. That being said if you're curious about progress the next update will be out by next week :)

rai1810

Nov 2, 2019
Gave the game a try so I'll make a few suggestions:

1. Add tooltips to all rooms to make navigation easier. Center it at the top (like Gym) instead of above each door and you won't have to worry about space.

2. Don't enforce meals and showers. Showers can be optional to trigger "girl peeping on you/shared shower" events or such, but shouldn't be a requirement to visit them in their rooms; and meals should be for social interaction only, to progress with the girls while chatting.

3. The copying machine and paying Emma for favours (entry point to make her a sub) should be more than enough to give credits a purpose, so don't make it a paperwork/workout grind for no reason. People play these games for the seduction aspect and the sex scenes so focus on that. Using those actions as trigger for events as you did is fine, though.

4. I hope the main source of the affection/sub stats is through interaction in the library/gym/dining room and the reason they keep rejecting the MC's company right now is because you haven't implemented said conversations. You probably rushed the events in this build to show what's to be expected in the future, so it's not a big deal right now but I still had to point it out.

Finally, i don't know what your idea of submission is, but the current sub actions (showing tongue and pulling hair) really aren't what I'd expect. I'd probably go for flashing, stripping and similar actions to affection but from a different perspective (order her to kiss you instead of going for a romantic kiss, for example)

So the game has potential with the setting but need to iron out those details

VileMedia

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
Gave the game a try so I'll make a few suggestions:

1. Add tooltips to all rooms to make navigation easier. Center it at the top (like Gym) instead of above each door and you won't have to worry about space.

2. Don't enforce meals and showers. Showers can be optional to trigger "girl peeping on you/shared shower" events or such, but shouldn't be a requirement to visit them in their rooms; and meals should be for social interaction only, to progress with the girls while chatting.

3. The copying machine and paying Emma for favours (entry point to make her a sub) should be more than enough to give credits a purpose, so don't make it a paperwork/workout grind for no reason. People play these games for the seduction aspect and the sex scenes so focus on that. Using those actions as trigger for events as you did is fine, though.

4. I hope the main source of the affection/sub stats is through interaction in the library/gym/dining room and the reason they keep rejecting the MC's company right now is because you haven't implemented said conversations. You probably rushed the events in this build to show what's to be expected in the future, so it's not a big deal right now but I still had to point it out.

Finally, i don't know what your idea of submission is, but the current sub actions (showing tongue and pulling hair) really aren't what I'd expect. I'd probably go for flashing, stripping and similar actions to affection but from a different perspective (order her to kiss you instead of going for a romantic kiss, for example)

So the game has potential with the setting but need to iron out those details
Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this out, I really appreciate help. What I'm getting from it though is a lot of really good points I need to keep in mind as I take the game forward (which I will be doing). So I'll definitely start putting them into practice straight away.

In terms of forcing meals and showers though; my goal is to end up with a very small percentage of the game taking place in each character's room so very little of the content overall will "rely" on grinding. You're right though so I'll chill out on that stuff more as I add new content. And in my defense about the submission actions, those were intended more for steering your relationship in a certain direction and not to be full scenes or anything like that. But still you're absolutely right so I'll be changing that as well from now on...

Thanks again though man, this means a lot right now because getting a feel for what people want out of this game vs. what I want, is looking to be harder than I thought.

rai1810

Nov 2, 2019
Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this out, I really appreciate help. What I'm getting from it though is a lot of really good points I need to keep in mind as I take the game forward (which I will be doing). So I'll definitely start putting them into practice straight away.

In terms of forcing meals and showers though; my goal is to end up with a very small percentage of the game taking place in each character's room so very little of the content overall will "rely" on grinding. You're right though so I'll chill out on that stuff more as I add new content. And in my defense about the submission actions, those were intended more for steering your relationship in a certain direction and not to be full scenes or anything like that. But still you're absolutely right so I'll be changing that as well from now on...

Thanks again though man, this means a lot right now because getting a feel for what people want out of this game vs. what I want, is looking to be harder than I thought.
Hey, no problem at all. At the end of the day I'm just making suggestions, developers have their own vision of the game they're making so it's perfectly fine to prioritize what you want. Don't get overwhelmed by trying to give the players exactly what they're looking for, as long as the game is good people will play it.

Good luck with it

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
If this game had a prequel would it be called "Math"? If that too had a prequel would it be "Before Math"?

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I just gave it a try, but it's way too grindy still. My first week was all about workout, shower, eat, repeat. A 25 buck meal should give a full bar of eat stat, just as a shower, it would already be less forced. Finding the interactions with the girls is also a pain. I managed to do the maid one, giving her a room, btw even before I could create the clothes, she already changed into it, and found Grace at the library, but no success with the others. Managed to find Eva once at the library, though that had no purpose since she refused to hang out with me, just like the girls during dinner. The introduction to the guests though? Never happened because they were nowhere to be found from the available rooms. While I do like the premise, it seems overly complicated and tedious for no real reason.

VileMedia

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
I just gave it a try, but it's way too grindy still. My first week was all about workout, shower, eat, repeat. A 25 buck meal should give a full bar of eat stat, just as a shower, it would already be less forced. Finding the interactions with the girls is also a pain. I managed to do the maid one, giving her a room, btw even before I could create the clothes, she already changed into it, and found Grace at the library, but no success with the others. Managed to find Eva once at the library, though that had no purpose since she refused to hang out with me, just like the girls during dinner. The introduction to the guests though? Never happened because they were nowhere to be found from the available rooms. While I do like the premise, it seems overly complicated and tedious for no real reason.
I appreciate you letting me know about the clothing bug. I'll fix that right now...

As for the grinding though I would absolutely love to improve the game so that it's less complicated and tedious so if you have any specific ideas hearing them would help me out a lot. That being said though I have removed 4 stats since the first version and made it so you only need to eat and shower before you meet with a character in their room. Very little of the game takes place in the character's rooms so you hardly need to grind at all. In fact, just off the top of my head 2 of the 20 events currently in the game take place in their rooms.

From what you've said though I'm guessing a good start would be to make the hints more direct and obvious? Like for example instead of "I'm tired", have something like "Go to your room and sleep..."?

Just to be clear though, I want to make sure you know that interacting with a character is different from progressing with them through their events. Eva mentions in her first event that you can use the book on your desk to get a hint on how to start each character's next event. And I thought they were all pretty direct (I should catch up on paperwork..., I'm tired, I'm hungry, etc...). The "actions" in the character's rooms are only really meant to lightly steer your relationship with them in a certain direction...

Still though, any feedback I get right now is still really helpful so thanks man.

Reactions: girdeyordo

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I appreciate you letting me know about the clothing bug. I'll fix that right now...

As for the grinding though I would absolutely love to improve the game so that it's less complicated and tedious so if you have any specific ideas hearing them would help me out a lot. That being said though I have removed 4 stats since the first version and made it so you only need to eat and shower before you meet with a character in their room. Very little of the game takes place in the character's rooms so you hardly need to grind at all. In fact, just off the top of my head 2 of the 20 events currently in the game take place in their rooms.

From what you've said though I'm guessing a good start would be to make the hints more direct and obvious? Like for example instead of "I'm tired", have something like "Go to your room and sleep..."?

Just to be clear though, I want to make sure you know that interacting with a character is different from progressing with them through their events. Eva mentions in her first event that you can use the book on your desk to get a hint on how to start each character's next event. And I thought they were all pretty direct (I should catch up on paperwork..., I'm tired, I'm hungry, etc...). The "actions" in the character's rooms are only really meant to lightly steer your relationship with them in a certain direction...

Still though, any feedback I get right now is still really helpful so thanks man.
About the food/shower needs: The steak meal course costs 25 bucks and fills the bar by 25 or 30. To max out the eat stat, you need to do that 4 times in a row, and it costs a 100 bucks. To get that amount of money, you need to work out for 4 times, which takes more than one day. Then there is the shower, which has a similar case, so to get both maxed, you need more than 2 days just to concentrate on those, and even that, because of the decrease, it's not really enough. That's what I mean by tedious. If a 25 buck course meal would fill the bar completely, and so would the shower, it wouldn't take a day to take care of that, and it would feel less grindy already.

Where the events take place and what you need for them is the other thing. I managed to find the Gracie - maid event, and one Eva in her room. Once when I was knocking at Eva's door, the game told me where she is. That's a good idea and I was able to find her without searching in the whole compound and could be the hint system for everyone. With this, you'd make the player more comfortable and less frustrated.

I looked into the book, but I was unable to find the singer and the hostage girl beside from the diner, where they wouldn't had a meal with me or any interaction. Idk if that was a bug or something else.

LeCruft

Apr 15, 2018
Don't know about others but atm the mega link for win/linux is just sending me to the overview page of mega

VileMedia

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
About the food/shower needs: The steak meal course costs 25 bucks and fills the bar by 25 or 30. To max out the eat stat, you need to do that 4 times in a row, and it costs a 100 bucks. To get that amount of money, you need to work out for 4 times, which takes more than one day. Then there is the shower, which has a similar case, so to get both maxed, you need more than 2 days just to concentrate on those, and even that, because of the decrease, it's not really enough. That's what I mean by tedious. If a 25 buck course meal would fill the bar completely, and so would the shower, it wouldn't take a day to take care of that, and it would feel less grindy already.

Where the events take place and what you need for them is the other thing. I managed to find the Gracie - maid event, and one Eva in her room. Once when I was knocking at Eva's door, the game told me where she is. That's a good idea and I was able to find her without searching in the whole compound and could be the hint system for everyone. With this, you'd make the player more comfortable and less frustrated.

I looked into the book, but I was unable to find the singer and the hostage girl beside from the diner, where they wouldn't had a meal with me or any interaction. Idk if that was a bug or something else.
Oh that's fine, in that case I'll add those now too.

Just a little insight into how the game works though, every character has their own routine. On certain days of the week they will be in certain places and you can run into them by remembering what days they're in each place. This has nothing to do with their events or how you progress with them if it's not hinted at in the book. Also, you don't need a full hunger or hygiene stat to be invited into a character's room, it just needs to not be zero. Changing that so the meal fills the bar is simple enough though so I'm happy to change it.

Thanks again,

Vile.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020

I actually think those sub actions are fine as like "introduction to taking orders" stuff. I've definitely seen them used in that context in several other "slowly turn a character into a sub" type games.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Game looks really good, especially for a first game; art style reminds me of HS Tutor. Def gonna put this on my watch list and give it a try once I finish one of the games I'm on currently and make some HD space.

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes