4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Guardra

May 29, 2018
so far it seems ok i am just thrown off why we need a money system in a world thats destroyed (but in all honesty i have never ever been a fan of money/stat grinds i feel like it kills VNs)

Reactions: tazaaron

VileMedia

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
Wanna hear some advice? Never save in png (well maybe except some UI pics or other small stuff). You won't notice the difference between png and jpg at 1280x720 anyway, but it will make the whole game a lot lighter.
Thanks for the advice. I'll start compressing and using alternate formats from now on depending on how well they retain quality...

could you tell me why you don't want to use Patreon?

View attachment 607828
Well the main reason is so that this doesn't look like a money making operation, I feel like I need to prove that I'm doing this out of a passion for making the best game I can right now. Especially since I'm so new to this... And second is that I'm financially in a position right now where I can afford to pursue this. Which is why I said that it's my ideal situation to finish this game without having made one because obviously this could change very quickly...

I appreciate the interest though, thanks.

Vile.

VileMedia

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
good job when next update is out?
Thanks a lot man, my plan was to always aim for monthly releases depending on if I feel there's been enough new content to make it worth updating. But since the feedback I've received so far has been to fill out existing features it could be a lot sooner.

Thanks again,

Vile.

Reactions: ChiefStefan

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
Not bad, not bad at all. Will keep an eye on this, i do agree with some of whats been said i do also personally hate grinding on showers and eating and money. Think my first shower only got me to 35%, maybe a shower should give you 100%, i did take one, did i miss 65% of my body lol

Not doing a Patreon and your reason for it is admirable but even being an established developer it takes time to build up a following and the sooner you start the better but your choice in the end, good job and good luck

Guardra

May 29, 2018
i noticed a small glitch with Emma and Gracie (maybe it was just me idk) but at one point with both girls you are given a choice to pay 30 credits and i had the money both times but the VN acted like i didnt have enough credits to do it

Aarghvark

Feb 25, 2019
This has potential, but there are so many things that could be improved upon...

1. Choices. The system of Affection/Submission is interesting, but so far every dialogue option in the story events has 2 answers with nicer one giving +1 Affection and the other +1 Submission... even if it doesn't make much sense for a particular scene. Perhaps the effects should vary to better reflect what's being said/done. And no need to have only 2. Also, from what I've seen so far nothing else alters these stats. Although I guess if repeatable events do that there would be another thing to grind. Anyway, what I'm worried about is that it will end up being a game where I want 2 saves with each going 100% one way, while the "normal" way to play, which is picking the option I feel I would in the situation, will be suboptimal and lock me out of content (I ended more or less 50/50 playing like that). Also, the choices often poorly indicate what's being said. Especially "degrade" options which are for the most part kinda neutral. "Compliment/Don't compliment" would be better descriptions in most cases... and I'm not sure if nor complimenting should raise Submission?

2. Grind. The grind is real and not fun. The quest so far that requires money is to get Zoe's dress and it was too grindy already, with having to work multiple times just for that, and if meanwhile you needed to eat or decided to pay Emma it got even worse. Also story events where you need to meet a girl in a specific place and she goes there only once a week...

3. Layout. First, to build upon the grind, the way to the shower is way too long. You need to shower only to enter girls' rooms, but the easiest way to check where she is is to try the door... which you can't do without showering. At the very least I'd suggest having "is the girl inside" check before "do you need to shower" check. Another idea to improve that would be to have eat/shower icons accessible with one click regardless where you are at the moment. Or just assume our character showers, and keep the manual option for events, it's not like doing it manually all the time adds anything to the game.

But back to the layout - it's confusing. Takes a bit to figure what's where. I originally assumed the office is supposed to be "my room", and was surprised to see there was another one to sleep in. All the corridors and doors look the same, and for some reason the only place without a door leading to it is the office, which has an arrow instead. I don't have specific advice as to how to improve, but maybe having buttons that take you where you want to go would help. No more trying to remember if the library was on the left or on the right, or which room is whose.

4. Dungeon. A dungeon is always nice :) but I'm not sure what is the purpose of this one. From conversation with Eva I assumed a punishment would be leaving her locked up for a while, but only options are spanking her or letting her go. Could well enough do that in the office. Also there's an option to call her there, but why? If it's supposed to be for punishment, why punish her for nothing? I mean I get why ;) but there should be consequences for doing that for no reason (unless she's into that I guess).

Now some story suggestions:

I feel like saving Zoe from Gracie was rushed. There could be an event (or more) to better establish their relationship before we come in to save the day. Doing this in the very first event was kinda... anticlimactic? We are told Gracie is abusive, but actually seeing it first would have more impact. Also, in the future if you're planning sort of a redemption arc for Gracie, she could be Zoe's maid for a while.

For the "body inspection" perhaps add handcuffs option? After all, Gracie just can't keep her arms still ;). A blindfold would be nice too. But that's just a suggestion.

Also a bug: when you pull Gracie's hair (which is kinda silly thing to do anyway), she turns into Emma. Now that's surprising.

Reactions: VileMedia

VileMedia

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
This has potential, but there are so many things that could be improved upon...

1. Choices. The system of Affection/Submission is interesting, but so far every dialogue option in the story events has 2 answers with nicer one giving +1 Affection and the other +1 Submission... even if it doesn't make much sense for a particular scene. Perhaps the effects should vary to better reflect what's being said/done. And no need to have only 2. Also, from what I've seen so far nothing else alters these stats. Although I guess if repeatable events do that there would be another thing to grind. Anyway, what I'm worried about is that it will end up being a game where I want 2 saves with each going 100% one way, while the "normal" way to play, which is picking the option I feel I would in the situation, will be suboptimal and lock me out of content (I ended more or less 50/50 playing like that). Also, the choices often poorly indicate what's being said. Especially "degrade" options which are for the most part kinda neutral. "Compliment/Don't compliment" would be better descriptions in most cases... and I'm not sure if nor complimenting should raise Submission?

2. Grind. The grind is real and not fun. The quest so far that requires money is to get Zoe's dress and it was too grindy already, with having to work multiple times just for that, and if meanwhile you needed to eat or decided to pay Emma it got even worse. Also story events where you need to meet a girl in a specific place and she goes there only once a week...

3. Layout. First, to build upon the grind, the way to the shower is way too long. You need to shower only to enter girls' rooms, but the easiest way to check where she is is to try the door... which you can't do without showering. At the very least I'd suggest having "is the girl inside" check before "do you need to shower" check. Another idea to improve that would be to have eat/shower icons accessible with one click regardless where you are at the moment. Or just assume our character showers, and keep the manual option for events, it's not like doing it manually all the time adds anything to the game.

But back to the layout - it's confusing. Takes a bit to figure what's where. I originally assumed the office is supposed to be "my room", and was surprised to see there was another one to sleep in. All the corridors and doors look the same, and for some reason the only place without a door leading to it is the office, which has an arrow instead. I don't have specific advice as to how to improve, but maybe having buttons that take you where you want to go would help. No more trying to remember if the library was on the left or on the right, or which room is whose.

4. Dungeon. A dungeon is always nice :) but I'm not sure what is the purpose of this one. From conversation with Eva I assumed a punishment would be leaving her locked up for a while, but only options are spanking her or letting her go. Could well enough do that in the office. Also there's an option to call her there, but why? If it's supposed to be for punishment, why punish her for nothing? I mean I get why ;) but there should be consequences for doing that for no reason (unless she's into that I guess).

Now some story suggestions:

I feel like saving Zoe from Gracie was rushed. There could be an event (or more) to better establish their relationship before we come in to save the day. Doing this in the very first event was kinda... anticlimactic? We are told Gracie is abusive, but actually seeing it first would have more impact. Also, in the future if you're planning sort of a redemption arc for Gracie, she could be Zoe's maid for a while.

For the "body inspection" perhaps add handcuffs option? After all, Gracie just can't keep her arms still ;). A blindfold would be nice too. But that's just a suggestion.

Also a bug: when you pull Gracie's hair (which is kinda silly thing to do anyway), she turns into Emma. Now that's surprising.
I really appreciate you taking the time to write all of this out, especially this clear and concisely. I know this must of taken a lot of effort and time so know that I will be making significant changes in response to this.

1. My intentions behind the two dialogue options was to allow people to play through the same story with a personality of their choice or just to treat character's they might not like as much poorly. Later on in the game there are going to be events with slight changes depending on Aff/Sub rolls but I tried to make it really clear in the quick start guide that you were always going to be able to access every scene outside of events anyway regardless of your choice. This came from me not wanting to do the whole two save files thing (which I also hate). To try and explain how I want this to work though; The only time your actions generate points is during events, so for example if you chose not to spank Eva you'll get the affection points for that decision while still being able to see the spanking scene after the event and have it not effect your chosen relationship with her. My hope in doing this was to allow players to lock in the decision they wanted while avoiding any actions they do for fun after from affecting future events. Also restricting points based decisions to one time only events also means there will be no grinding actions for points... Saying all of that though I absolutely see exactly where you're coming from so I now plan on adding more than two options and making menu items clearer...

2. One of the most surprising things to come out of the feedback I'm getting is how certain parts of the game seem to appeal to people more than I thought they would, It honestly did not occur to me once that anyone would be so fixated on the actions in the character's rooms. I didn't really think there was anything in there worth seeing so the 'grinding' seemed like a much smaller deal to me when I implemented it. That obviously means I am going to have to do something about that though so again, good shout. I'll start by charging a lot less to fill a stat bar and have it deplete less over time. As for replicator items and Emma's favors though, I plan on having a lot more events tied to doing paperwork so once I fill out the game with more content it should be impossible to come out of a lot of events with little money, my hope is that it should balance itself out but I could be wrong... So I'll keep that in mind.

3. It's funny that you made this point because in a really really early version of the game I had a 'map' option accessible from the HUD that allowed fast travel. I took it out at the last second because I thought people would think having fast travel in such a small area would be laughable. I'll look into putting it back in somehow but depending on how well I reduce the need for grinding stats I might not need to (which is what I think you're saying)...

4. You're absolutely right, there's no reason you couldn't just do that in you office and hopefully as I properly implement features and fill out the content in each room it'll be clearer why the two are distinct. Until then I can only really just be aware of that, sorry.

Also those are all really good suggestions, I'll keep them all in mind.

Thanks again for this, including the bug. I'll never stop being amazed at my ability to make dumb mistakes like that and not catch them so it's always appreciated.

Vile.

Wesieboy56

Dec 7, 2017
i try to do things with the girls but says i dont have the credits, even when i do, is that because its not in the game yet?

VileMedia

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
i try to do things with the girls but says i dont have the credits, even when i do, is that because its not in the game yet?
I think the issue you're talking about was fixed in the bug fix I put out yesterday... If not you might have found a new bug I missed. I'll look into it.

WeRLegion

Nov 28, 2017
I think the issue you're talking about was fixed in the bug fix I put out yesterday... If not you might have found a new bug I missed. I'll look into it.
Downloaded the game yesterday, but I still got that bug while eating with Emma. But I am playing the mac-version.

Edit: Happens while eating with Gracie, Happens when Emma offers to let you look while undressing in your room.

Last edited:

VileMedia

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
Downloaded the game yesterday, but I still got that bug while eating with Emma. But I am playing the mac-version.

Edit: Happens while eating with Gracie, Happens when Emma offers to let you look while undressing in your room.
This is really strange and frustrating since I don't own a mac and can't test that version myself. I've been trying really hard to replicate this issue on my end and it's just not happening...

Wesieboy56

Dec 7, 2017
This is really strange and frustrating since I don't own a mac and can't test that version myself. I've been trying really hard to replicate this issue on my end and it's just not happening...
it happens on PC as well, maybe i should re-download the game?

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes