4.30 star(s) 26 Votes
May 31, 2019
Unreal uses BC5 compression for normal maps, which already is optimized for them, so there's no point in packing any other map in the normal map texture.
Ah, I see.
I'm not too familiar with what compression algos it used.
I mainly just use these tricks myself for offline rendering to pack more detail into a scene at lower VRAM, and to save space.

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Dilly_ I've got some bugs for you.
I've had a crash, but installing prerequisites fixed it.
In the main menu and character creation screen the shadows were fucking weird. Lots of artifacts. I've only seen this in one game so far, also UE I believe and possibly found another same issue?

Almost forgot, turning shadows off removes the artifacts (and shadows). Lower/higher shadow settings do not matter. Once you go in the game itself there are no such artifacts.

My specs, for reference:
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4 3000MHz
RX6800XT
B550 chipset
Win 11

View attachment 2457141 View attachment 2457142
This appears to be an issue with AMD cards when ray traced lighting is enabled. In the character creator, you can disable ray-traced shadow in the Lighting menu which seems to resolve the issue. I will need to add a toggle for that in the graphics menu though so it isn't an issue by default with AMD cards. Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
definitely looks fun really like the customization options and would like to see how this would work on my computer. Also would like to see the minimum specifications to run it smoothly too.
The minimum card I'd personally recommend is a GTX 1060 or AMD equivalent. If you disable shadows and turn down screen percentage, you can get playable frames. The only real hard requirement is that your hardware supports Dx12, as it is a requirement for Nanite (which, this game is using both Nanite and Nanite foliage. Great for performance, unfortunately requires Dx12).

Reactions: Chellophane

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
can someone tell me why i crash everytime i edit a part of the body
Morph computes are done on the GPU so I'd certainly say this is a GPU issue. You could try as others have recommended and cap your framerate at 60 fps in the graphics menu, and turn V-Sync on. See if that doesn't prevent the crashing

Reactions: Fireglider

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
This looks interesting. Dev, please don't be discouraged by the negativity here, a lot of us have been made bitter and cynical due to many of these types of games getting abandoned or turning into 5+ year long patreon milking projects, but that's no reason to automatically assume that every similar project will fail and I always hate to see developers get (understandably) pissed off and leave the platform or even get burned out because people can't help but prophesy doom and gloom before a developer has the chance to establish themselves.
I'm cautiously optimistic, and hope that you'll prove all the naysayers wrong. If you can keep engaging with the community, and deliver on your promises, I'm sure you'll see a lot of growth and success once people are more convinced this project has a future. Good luck!

TerumiNin

Jan 9, 2019
I loved the character I made, hopefully there'll be intresting things to do with her in the future. I'll be optimistic but like others said, tons of abandoned games like this.

Know it's not going to be a horror game but running around on that street in the outfit I picked reminded me of the start of 'It Follows'.

• Red Heart
Reactions: shibatsaki

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
This looks interesting. Dev, please don't be discouraged by the negativity here, a lot of us have been made bitter and cynical due to many of these types of games getting abandoned or turning into 5+ year long patreon milking projects, but that's no reason to automatically assume that every similar project will fail and I always hate to see developers get (understandably) pissed off and leave the platform or even get burned out because people can't help but prophesy doom and gloom before a developer has the chance to establish themselves.
I'm cautiously optimistic, and hope that you'll prove all the naysayers wrong. If you can keep engaging with the community, and deliver on your promises, I'm sure you'll see a lot of growth and success once people are more convinced this project has a future. Good luck!
Thanks, that really does mean a lot. I always try to give devs the benefit of the doubt, unless it's a specific case where the developer has a history of being misleading. I want to try as hard as I can to not be misleading and set realistic expectations with this project, because my interest is in creating an actual immersive adult experience. I will always be here plucking away and writing code to improve this project, because to be honest with you, it's all I want to do.

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
I loved the character I made, hopefully there'll be intresting things to do with her in the future. I'll be optimistic but like others said, tons of abandoned games like this.

Know it's not going to be a horror game but running around on that street in the outfit I picked reminded me of the start of 'It Follows'.
It's funny people are saying this because I've thought the same thing. That's a great movie BTW. The dark interiors really do create a horror vibe even if it wasn't intended, but it does make me wonder if maybe some kind of horror element should be added. Lumen is really awesome for creating dynamic lighting scenes that make for a great horror game

Reactions: WakamoSato
4.30 star(s) 26 Votes