4.30 star(s) 26 Votes

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Can we please, for once, save the doom patrol until Dilly has had, oh I don't know, ONE actual month or more to show what the updates might look like? Seriously, this thread has existed for less then 24 hours, and people are predicting defeat and/or evil intentions. I know a lot of people around here have had some fairly negative experiences, but Dilly has been a user since October 2020. It's not like they don't know the history of how these things go, and we haven't had any time at all to see how things are going to go with this project. They've been open and translucent about the fact this is in hobby mode (i.e. after the day job), and they're not making big promises about the speed of the updates. The game is going to be coming along for free for those who don't want to give financial support. People are grown ups, they can make their own choices. If the updates turn out to be slow-going, and people still want to support it, that's their choice.

I think Michael Bay, and his films, are pure garbage, he even came right out and said basically that he thinks most people are stupid and will fork over money to him as long he gives them a hot girl and some explosions, and much to my chagrin, sure enough they do. But it's their money. If they wanna give it to a guy who openly has no respect for them and no concept of "art in film," then they can.

That's a worst case scenario. So far, we don't actually have any reason to think Dilly is a quitter, or is being dishonest or has any ill-intent. So, how about we just discuss the project itself and save the tears and recriminations for after we've had a few months to see where this goes?

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
0.1 version is normal. But there is one BUT. As already said here, the game is on UE. If 1 person does all this, then we will see the game completed in 10 years. They said they took an example and were inspired from other games. But yes, the team is working. You can support the developer with donations, but now the question is. Will he, like other cunning developers, simply extort money from donators who are interested in this game on release, or will he really do everything competently and seriously. As Victor Black said '' I fully agree with you about cunning devs, who are about grabbing money. It's disappointing.''
I intend to add new features as they are completed, and polish them to the degree of the character creator. I am a single person, so this will take time. But I'll never quit working on this game. Even less so now, that I have the support of many of you.
Can we please, for once, save the doom patrol until Dilly has had, oh I don't know, ONE actual month or more to show what the updates might look like? Seriously, this thread has existed for less then 24 hours, and people are predicting defeat and/or evil intentions. I know a lot of people around here have had some fairly negative experiences, but Dilly has been a user since October 2020. It's not like they don't know the history of how these things go, and we haven't had any time at all to see how things are going to go with this project. They've been open and translucent about the fact this is in hobby mode (i.e. after the day job), and they're not making big promises about the speed of the updates. The game is going to be coming along for free for those who don't want to give financial support. People are grown ups, they can make their own choices. If the updates turn out to be slow-going, and people still want to support it, that's their choice.

I think Michael Bay, and his films, are pure garbage, he even came right out and said basically that he thinks most people are stupid and will fork over money to him as long he gives them a hot girl and some explosions, and much to my chagrin, sure enough they do. But it's their money. If they wanna give it to a guy who openly has no respect for them and no concept of "art in film," then they can.

That's a worst case scenario. So far, we don't actually have any reason to think Dilly is a quitter, or is being dishonest or has any ill-intent. So, how about we just discuss the project itself and save the tears and recriminations for after we've had a few months to see where this goes?
Heh. Appreciate your reasonable take. Reminded me of this scene:

I think a fair amount of skepticism is merited. People are correct that it's a large undertaking for a solo developer. However, to my mind, the absolute hardest work is largely done (optimizing a workflow for efficient importing of assets and Daz characters into UE). Making stuff work nicely in the character creator was also a challenge. Making everything work with morphs and without clipping was/is a challenge. By comparison, features like the player inventory is just pure programming and UI, which is no problem. Once these core features are added the biggest challenge will be writing and narrative. But that is a much more enjoyable challenge because it involves far more creativity than something like programming inventory behavior.

uwfan1980

Aug 17, 2019
Great Demo.

Looking forward to seeing the world fleshed out. It ran really well on my machine.

Not sure if a bug: I turned the breast jiggle to minimum, and the breast jiggle is still really pronounced and comical.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Can we please, for once, save the doom patrol...
You know how this works, you've been here even longer: whenever there's a new game, and the preview pictures show a d*ck on a girl, you will within the very first few pages find something along the lines of "Futa? Is it avoidable? I hate Futa, this game is a disgrace!". OP has a link to the dev's Patreon? "He's probably going to milk the sh*t out of his supporters" is the next thing we'll see if there's no update within the next two weeks... And so on and so forth.

That's why we just can't have pretty things.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Great Demo.

Looking forward to seeing the world fleshed out. It ran really well on my machine.

Not sure if a bug: I turned the breast jiggle to minimum, and the breast jiggle is still really pronounced and comical.
I am both ashamed and yet completely unashamed to admit that THIS was the exact moment I decided to immediately go and download the demo. I am 41 years old, and somehow also still 14. He he, boobs.

• Haha
Reactions: theMickey_

uwfan1980

Aug 17, 2019
I am both ashamed and yet completely unashamed to admit that THIS was the exact moment I decided to immediately go and download the demo. I am 41 years old, and somehow also still 14. He he, boobs.
no shame here. 40s. I will never grow old of boobs.

The demo is decent. As the Dev said, it's just the character creation and small street to walk around in (nothing to interact with). But the Character Creation is really well done and I was able to create a few characters for fun fairly easily.

But it ran smooth. And looks polished for what it has. Hopefully Dev keeps at it.

Reactions: IXL

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
Impressive tech demo, I am waiting for enough content to be added though. Also add other pantyhose options such as stockings & all :)

Buzz Droid

Aug 24, 2018
My take on why it's crashing after loading.

This reminds me of Fallout 3's problem with Game Engine FPS and Physics Engine FPS. They had an issue where they wouldn't play well together under some conditions. Maybe that's what is happening here. The physics engine is running at one speed and not matching or being compatible with the game engine running at a different speed. There FPS being different and they crash the game. Just my guess on what's happening with the game when it crashes.

Meowmadam

Nov 9, 2021
Some Feedback:
  1. Add Labia size option for vulva
  2. Add foreskin option for penis
  3. I don't like the name Tiny Meat Games
I hope to see a lot more content soon.

flachelence

Jan 5, 2019
It's almost like a horror game when you go into the neighbors' empty houses and all the lights are off with just the dim light of the tv illuminating the room. I'm sure it is subject to change but for now with not much to do but explore it's kinda funny how creepy it is. What you have here is quite impressive and promising but I think it's fair to go into this with a bit of apprehension with how ambitious it is. There have been games to have come and gone that have had much smaller scopes. Your self imposed semi monthly update cycle also seems ambitious, as great as it would be to have that frequency that kind of timeline would give a lot of devs heart palpitations just to think about. However I would say I'm cautiously optimistic and wish you the best on your project.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
My interpretation of anticipated updates:
1. "I'm going to update once or twice a month." Okay, they'll probably be small, but that's fine.
2. "I'm going to update a full chapter at a time." Okay, they'll probably be far-between, but that's fine.
3. "I'm going to update a full chapter, every month." BWA ha ha hahha ha! Yeah, sure you are! Enjoy your heart-attack!

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
My interpretation of anticipated updates:
1. "I'm going to update once or twice a month." Okay, they'll probably be small, but that's fine.
2. "I'm going to update a full chapter at a time." Okay, they'll probably be far-between, but that's fine.
3. "I'm going to update a full chapter, every month." BWA ha ha hahha ha! Yeah, sure you are! Enjoy your heart-attack!
I intend to release features and systems as they are completed. I also never said anything about chapters, this game won’t really be dealing with chapters as it is more of a sandbox game. I already cut out a whole bunch of stuff from this release to ensure what was released is working fairly well. It will always be a free game so check out things when I do release them or don’t ‍♂

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Odd that all these Metahuman "games" (that never become games) have to have female player characters. One of the reasons I'm never gonna think they're cool.
Also, nobody cares if the girl can lift one eyebrow and smirk with the right side of the mouth. That's not what we want in a sex game.

BTW: "Afterparty is a real-time adult RPG created in Unreal Engine 5"

No, it's not. It's a real-time demonstration of animations that already existed before your animation. When you have made the RPG part and demonstrated what it's supposed to do, come back and write you description.

nemojmeje111

Nov 14, 2017
Dilly_ I've got some bugs for you.
I've had a crash, but installing prerequisites fixed it.
In the main menu and character creation screen the shadows were fucking weird. Lots of artifacts. I've only seen this in one game so far, also UE I believe and possibly found another same issue?

Almost forgot, turning shadows off removes the artifacts (and shadows). Lower/higher shadow settings do not matter. Once you go in the game itself there are no such artifacts.

My specs, for reference:
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4 3000MHz
RX6800XT
B550 chipset
Win 11

Screenshot 2023-03-10 232716.png Screenshot 2023-03-10 232742.png

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Odd that all these Metahuman "games" (that never become games) have to have female player characters. One of the reasons I'm never gonna think they're cool.
Also, nobody cares if the girl can lift one eyebrow and smirk with the right side of the mouth. That's not what we want in a sex game.

BTW: "Afterparty is a real-time adult RPG created in Unreal Engine 5"

No, it's not. It's a real-time demonstration of animations that already existed before your animation. When you have made the RPG part and demonstrated what it's supposed to do, come back and write you description.
The game is not made with meta-human characters. I suspect that many people enjoy customizing a female character and playing as a female protagonist, as it’s often said that not enough games have female protag. I am not at all opposed to adding male characters though. It’s simply a matter of ensuring that the systems I plan on putting in the game in the short term work with at least the female character.

it is interesting when people suggest that no shortcuts should be taken for a game like this as a solo developer, such as using pre-existing animations. I am not an animator. If I were to learn proper industry standard animation techniques, it would certainly extend any sort of updates for a long time. On the other hand, there is already a vast library of animations created for daz characters and unreal engine. People create them so that they can be used, which is exactly what I’m doing.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 26 Votes