Agents of L.O.K.I. Active Development

Sep 21, 2020
Now, assuming all that’s more or less accurate here’s some mechanics and other stuff I’d love to see in the game in no particular order:

A “Living” World- the Marvel Universe is a complicated place with dozens of groups of heroes, villains, cults, and aliens all with their own agendas crashing into one another. It’d be a lot of fun watching Loki and his crew get caught in the crossfire and have to choose a side while not knowing who to trust. It could also be fun giving the players the option to join select organizations (like the Hellfire Club, The Cabal, Hydra, or the Hand) and work their way up the ranks. This sounds like a VERY long term programming goal, though.

Morality system- Nothing too complicated, I’d just like it if some choices you make in game give you either a positive or negative reputation. Reputation could effect how npc’s react to you in conversations as well as unlocking new quests. Additionally, having a positive reputation could make it easier to seduce heroes while having a negative rep would make it easier to recruit villains.

Fixed time limit- In Something Unlimited you have pretty much unlimited time to do everything, but for L.O.K.I I like the idea that you’re under a fixed time limit to get the Stones before some other villain gets to them. For instance, if each turn is one week, perhaps players have 4 months to grab the first stone. If players fail to get it in the allotted time, they’re treated to a cutscene of Thanos capturing it before the game resumes. They can still beat the game, but now Thanos will be that much tougher in the final battle. For players who find that too stressful, they could adjust how much time they have to get each stone in the difficulty options at the start of the game.

Make the Bar Fun- Don’t get me wrong, I like Something Unlimited. But if I had to level a criticism at it, it would be that it’s a business management game where it’s not fun to manage your business. Regrettably, I don’t have a ton of ideas to make managing the bar fun, but just shooting from the hip, I’d make it so that minions have stats that are separate from their combat stats that monitor how well they do in the Bar. For instance, Personality could determine how well they work as a bartender/waitress/hostess, Sultriness could determine how well they would do in a strip/burlesque show, and Sexiness could determine how well they do in the bordello. In addition, they could have a stamina stat which would slowly decrease over time, gradually giving them penalties. When a character’s stamina reaches zero, they can no longer work in the bar or go on missions until they have rested and recovered some stamina. I think this would encourage players to pay attention to the Bar without having to micromanage it.

Also having random events trigger occasionally when you enter the bar could keep it interesting. Nothing major, just little scenes that add flavor to the game, like you overhearing two supervillains talking about a heist they're about to pull, or one of your workers comes up to you demanding that you eject Dr. Octopus from the bar because he keeps pinching her ass. Stuff like that.

Capturing a Hero should be a big deal- I like the idea that you must fight a hero before you can brainwash them, as opposed to just hiring a villain to do it for you. Much more memorable.

Character Codex- Having a computer or magic tome with information on each character we encounter in the game that updates as we learn more about them would be super useful for players who aren’t as knowledgeable about the marvel universe, or those who have put the game down for a while before returning to it (“Oh yeah, I forgot that Sue Storm has a voyeurism fetish in this game. Creepy.”) It’s also a useful worldbuilding tool, as your Marvel universe is going to be different from both the comics and the movies and this could be a great way to introduce us to it.

...And that's all I've got right now. Sorry if I mentioned something you already confirmed would be in the game. I'm glad you guys are making progress, best of luck to you!

Last edited:

Kainit103

Jun 5, 2020
A question for all of you is that we'd like to know what kind of minigames and mechanics you'd like to see. We want the game to be fun and engaging rather then just a glorified interactive and unlockable gallery. We have a few in regards to the recruiting, capturing, and combat mechanics, but we'd like your input!
Well, if we talk about combat mechanics, then only step-by-step combat. It's trite because there can be too many characters and each has its own abilities and unique skills. Plus, if you do it on Renpei, then the engine simply will not pull another form of combat. But with the ability to auto-battle. Otherwise, it pisses me off when your group is already at high levels, but you still need to fight low-level mobs. And there are some mind capture mechanics ... well, maybe something like a shooting gallery or small puzzles to "create a new picture of the world in the victim's head." It's a pity, of course, to repeat the tricks from "Remember Me" will not work, but it will be fun.

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
A question for all of you is that we'd like to know what kind of minigames and mechanics you'd like to see. We want the game to be fun and engaging rather then just a glorified interactive and unlockable gallery. We have a few in regards to the recruiting, capturing, and combat mechanics, but we'd like your input!
I would advise against use of minigames, since there are not a lot of likeable ones out there. It takes more time coding them and it's very hard not to make them repetitive. I would focus on the main game loop and then see from there what you could eventually add as a minigame.

Reactions: ARB582

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Pretty much, though allow me to correct a few things.

In Agents of L.O.K.I. you play as Loki Laufeyson the Norse god of mischief who, after his most recent attempt to usurp his foster father Odin, has been exiled from Asgard. Cast into Midgard, he joins forces with Amora, the Enchantress, to track down the infinity stones, collect the infinity gauntlet, and rewrite reality in their favor.
In actuality this will be beginning just after the events of the first Avengers movie. Loki notices that, while that portal is open that's allowing the Kree to invade New York, he's losing the fight, so instead of just committing to it and hoping he'll come out on top like he originally did, he instead decides to flee back to Asgard with his staff, where the events play out as you just described.

and brainwashing them to do your bidding via the mindstone.
He won't be fully brainwashing them, in fact the only kind of "command" that'll be given using the Mindstone (at the start that is) will just be "Return to this room at night without letting anyone know, and you will not remember the events of what happened here until I tell you otherwise, except while you are here."

There'll be more uses for the Mindstone as you progress, and if a woman is into the mind control part or some aspects of it it could be used for kinky purposes as well, but that'll be the only initial use in regards to full "brainwashing."

Seducing them involves convincing them of the righteousness of your cause with minimal/no brainwashing and leaves their personality intact. Whether you corrupt or seduce minions, and how many minions you aquire, will influence the ending of the game.
Completely correct, though it'll also potentially include events to progress those characters' own personal plotlines.

You can also use funds to buy items that unlock extra content (such as gifts for you minions and rival villains, or magic/science devices that summon secret characters) as well as consumables that give you temporary boosts in combat.
Correct, but each stone will also have a purpose and give you access to additional content. The Spacestone allowing you to instantly go to any location, granting access to non-earth locations for additional content for example. You can also use stones together for even more additional content, like using the Space, Time, Reality and Soul Stones to begin Alternate Universe content or Rule63 content for example. Or (and idea we've been playing with) using all 6 stones to create Nemesis as a new assistant or hireable villain. You'd still be able to do as you like utilizing the stones powers, but it'd be through Nemesis rather then each individual stone as a result.

ranging from pyrrhic victory to complete and overwhelming victory.
It depends on how well we can impliment it, but there'd also be ranging defeats as endings. From Overwhelming Defeat to Pyrrhic Defeat to Sparse Victory, etc.

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
I would advise against use of minigames, since there are not a lot of likeable ones out there. It takes more time coding them and it's very hard not to make them repetitive. I would focus on the main game loop and then see from there what you could eventually add as a minigame.
Yea, the plan is to focus on the main game loop in general first off. The reason we're asking is because later on once we're closer to being finished with the base game and are thinking of the additional content (like Island M, Nowhere, etc) we don't want it to repeat the same over and over, we want to potentially introduce one or 2 new mechanics involving that new content.

These are all really good ideas and inputs, I'll bring them up to the team!

Sorry for the double replies, F95 went wonky on me so the only one I saw when I checked the thread was Lofi's first post and not the subsequent ones.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020
Glad you liked them! Here’s some more:

Have a clear U.I.- This may be self-evident, but I figured I’d mention it anyway. For instance, having a window where we can clearly see how much money we gained/lost since last turn and where the change came from (strip club, bar, heists, bordello, etc.) would really make managing the bar a lot easier.

Assistant bonuses- In SU, your assistant henchwoman is mostly there for flavor and to trigger a few scenes. It’d be fun if your Assistant had some sort of mechanical effect as well, either on the business side of things, or in combat, or both.

Make Heists engaging- In the same vein of my earlier post about making the Bar fun, it’d be interesting if villains had separate stats specifically for heists that would determine their chance of success. For instance: Power for jobs that require raw force, Stealth for jobs that require sneakiness, Moxie for jobs that require diplomacy or guile, and Stamina for how long they can work without needing a rest.

I also like the idea of there being two types of heists, standard heists, and event heists. Standard heists are just that, standard. They’re always available and give roughly the same amount of cash for each successful heist. Event heists are only available for a few turns each game, and are more difficult to accomplish, but give either tons of bonus cash or unique rewards (combat items, unique outfits for your characters, stuff like that). It’d be cool if event heists were a little more involved as well, were you had a short text-based event chain where you had to make decisions as the villain on the mission which would determine their chances of success.

…And that’s my two cents. I’d also be okay with more text based sex scenes than what we get in SU for the sake of taking some of the weight off the artist, but that may not be a popular opinion.

Also, who the hell is Nemesis? The name didn’t ring any bells, and I couldn’t find anything on Wikipedia.

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Glad you liked them! Here’s some more:

Have a clear U.I.- This may be self-evident, but I figured I’d mention it anyway. For instance, having a window where we can clearly see how much money we gained/lost since last turn and where the change came from (strip club, bar, heists, bordello, etc.) would really make managing the bar a lot easier.

Assistant bonuses- In SU, your assistant henchwoman is mostly there for flavor and to trigger a few scenes. It’d be fun if your Assistant had some sort of mechanical effect as well, either on the business side of things, or in combat, or both.

Make Heists engaging- In the same vein of my earlier post about making the Bar fun, it’d be interesting if villains had separate stats specifically for heists that would determine their chance of success. For instance: Power for jobs that require raw force, Stealth for jobs that require sneakiness, Moxie for jobs that require diplomacy or guile, and Stamina for how long they can work without needing a rest.

I also like the idea of there being two types of heists, standard heists, and event heists. Standard heists are just that, standard. They’re always available and give roughly the same amount of cash for each successful heist. Event heists are only available for a few turns each game, and are more difficult to accomplish, but give either tons of bonus cash or unique rewards (combat items, unique outfits for your characters, stuff like that). It’d be cool if event heists were a little more involved as well, were you had a short text-based event chain where you had to make decisions as the villain on the mission which would determine their chances of success.

…And that’s my two cents. I’d also be okay with more text based sex scenes than what we get in SU for the sake of taking some of the weight off the artist, but that may not be a popular opinion.

Also, who the hell is Nemesis? The name didn’t ring any bells, and I couldn’t find anything on Wikipedia.
A few of these I was actually thinking of doing already, so nice to see great minds think alike!

Also, it's a bit hard to find stuff on Nemesis mainly cause when you google her, the results it gives you are the Nemesis comic issue line, and not the character.

To put it simply, Nemesis was the first being in existence and she was very lonely, so she used her powers to create the first beings, but because she didn't have a concept of good and evil, she had accidentally created evil beings which were the Demons in the Marvel universe, so she destroyed them. Due to this her loneliness just grew more, so in a fit of suicidal loneliness, she killed herself, causing the Big Bang and creating the Infinity Stones, but also causing the creation of the Demons she had previously made and killed to happen once more.

Here's her page in the Marvel wikia:

It's not surprising that she's not very well known, mainly because her existence was very short lived due to only appearing like twice, and one of those times was during one of Thanos' comic issue lines ironically enough XD

Sep 21, 2020
Wow. Yeah, I've never heard of her before. I always thought that Galatus was oldest being around, since he predates the big bang, but I guess they retconned that. Also, congratulations on getting your first patron!

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
A few of these I was actually thinking of doing already, so nice to see great minds think alike!

Also, it's a bit hard to find stuff on Nemesis mainly cause when you google her, the results it gives you are the Nemesis comic issue line, and not the character.

To put it simply, Nemesis was the first being in existence and she was very lonely, so she used her powers to create the first beings, but because she didn't have a concept of good and evil, she had accidentally created evil beings which were the Demons in the Marvel universe, so she destroyed them. Due to this her loneliness just grew more, so in a fit of suicidal loneliness, she killed herself, causing the Big Bang and creating the Infinity Stones, but also causing the creation of the Demons she had previously made and killed to happen once more.

Here's her page in the Marvel wikia:

It's not surprising that she's not very well known, mainly because her existence was very short lived due to only appearing like twice, and one of those times was during one of Thanos' comic issue lines ironically enough XD
You're telling me that even at the beginning of the universe, there were already resurrections in the Marvel universe?!? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It truly is the IP where no one really dies

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
You're telling me that even at the beginning of the universe, there were already resurrections in the Marvel universe?!? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It truly is the IP where no one really dies
Indeed, let there be Life, and death, but just life! :ROFLMAO:

Wow. Yeah, I've never heard of her before. I always thought that Galatus was oldest being around, since he predates the big bang, but I guess they retconned that. Also, congratulations on getting your first patron!
Yea, honestly a lot of Marvels lore gets wonky at times mainly cause of all the different writers lol. Also thanks! Excited that someone thought our project was worth the support! Makes me really happy!

Fenix34

Jun 16, 2017
probably my biggest turnoffs about something unlimited is the stupidly gigantic boobs. Hopefully this game will keep it accurate and more to a size of like kitty pryde and rogue from roguelike evolutions.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
probably my biggest turnoffs about something unlimited is the stupidly gigantic boobs. Hopefully this game will keep it accurate and more to a size of like kitty pryde and rogue from roguelike evolutions.
On the previous page, there is a sketch of how Amora might look like. Her breasts aren't stupidly gigantic, so there's hope!

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Same, fortunately Thed is more about realistic boobs then just "Have big honkalonkamabongs, :)".

Also apologies for the lack of updates so far, life and school has been rough and busy for both Thed and SC.

wookie31

Feb 12, 2020
who have SU saves?((plssssssssssssssssss
Your Princess is in the other castle.
FYI, this isn't to do with DC Universe Something Unlimited - it is Marvel Universe.. Okay?
Hope that cleared up the confusion, and maybe this will be something else you will like ;)

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Lol, most likely came about cause SU got update recently.

Also, update wise on this, SC (our resident programmer for those uninformed) wants to try and test something using Unity and see how it compares to GM2, in an effort to speed up development time and make it easier for them to work despite their numerous college classes and personal endeavors.

Last edited:
Reactions: sexypeanut

BananaRice1

Jul 20, 2020
Lol, most likely came about cause SU got update recently.

Also, update wise on this, SC (our resident programmer for those uninformed) wants to try and test something using Unity and see how it compares to GM2, in an effort to speed up development time and make it easier for them to work despite their numerous college classes and personal endeavors.
How far are you into the game?

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
How far are you into the game?
Not that far, we're still setting up the base systems for how things work and that's taking a while mainly because real life takes precedence for all of us, especially with the other 2 members of the team actively being college.

Lorddarksoul

Mar 17, 2019
Definitely excited to see where this project goes. Honestly kind of surprised it has taken this long for someone to start a project like this, considering all the hype around marvel these days. Good luck and godspeed.