redman12

Apr 11, 2018
Which is a good thing, since they can add to it instead of recreating already existing animations for every game.

They also should re-use the clothing from the previous games and add new stuff to it, which means more content for us, for almost zero effort for them.

The same would go for the building blocks we have for our housing now, just add the current ones to the next game, if the visuals fit, its free content.
Yeh it really wouldnt take much effort to get it done, but judging from previous titles iv played they seem to import very few over to the next game. I wouldnt worry about it too much though since someone usually releases mods to import old cloths, and i believe even positions in the case of Honey Select and Play Home ( tho i never got it working)

redman12

Apr 11, 2018
is the game being released on the 25th at 12:00 AM Midnight? and also it would be according to Japanese local time right?

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
H-scenes are mostly lifted from previous Illusion games like Honey Select, which sucks.
Not really. Have you play previous Illusion games? Animations in Playhome is quite different from HoneySelect . They are not recycle animations. Of course you still have same missionary, doggy...etc but they improved it and allow you to drag slider to change posture . Only thing missing from Illusion games compared to other adult games use UE4 is genital collision physics. But I guess it make sense they don't make it because it gonna be pixelated anyway.

Reactions: kpoppapi

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
Only thing missing from Illusion games compared to other adult games use UE4 is genital collision physics.
They are using Unity, not UE4.
If they were using UE4, the games wouldnt be as crappy and limited as they are.

I could actually make a better game than illusion using UE4, i just cant do the animations or voice-acting.
Illusion is held back by their own incompetence, as the logic behind their games is plain simple, but they still need eternities to make them.

Im not joking, the entire "build your own house" thing illusion has built, i can create in a few hours, with more freedom too.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaltLord

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
They are using Unity, not UE4.
If they were using UE4, the games wouldnt be as crappy and limited as they are.

I could actually make a better game than illusion using UE4, i just cant do the animations or voice-acting.
Illusion is held back by their own incompetence, as the logic behind their games is plain simple, but they still need eternities to make them.

Im not joking, the entire "build your own house" thing illusion has built, i can create in a few hours, with more freedom too.

Community project anyone?
If you have the skills to program, model and create a compelling game design even above their level, why not hiring voice actors and an animator?

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
If you have the skills to program, model and create a compelling game design even above their level, why not hiring voice actors and an animator?
Because its expensive.

I think that such a project would work best if it were a Free game, since it would need to be a community driven project anyway. (so that good content made by the community could be added to the game, if there are no copyright issues.)
I could do the game logic, the world, the UI, some modelling and texturing, materials obviously too.

I have been working with UE4 for years, but one person cant possibly know and do everything, especially in an engine thats constantly changing and evolving.

I alone cant do it, as i (currently) lack the skills in animating things and have not yet put a lot of effort into blender either, especially since the ui-rework mid year.
Personally, i would rather focus on the gameplay etc. instead of being frustrated with blender.

On a side note: I have been playing illusion games since Sexy Beach 2, and it really annoys me that they cant get their stuff together with every single release.
If my assumption is correct (judging from the trailers), that you can only rotate walls and objects by 90 degrees in the new game, i simply dont see a reason why that limitation exists.
It doesnt make a difference if you are changing a rotation by 90 or any other value, as its basically just 3 floats, which usually range from -180 to 180 (have seen -90 to 270 in other games too), but illusion, for some reason decided that 90 degrees is "the hot shit" now.)

You saw, a few posts earlier that it took me merely minutes to dissect illusions weird way of "adding visual damage to clothes" and turn it into something different.
In UE4 i would simply have two different textures for transparency, one for "damage" and one for "length", and you could have both at the same time, and technically even let players choose the patterns.
This is simply two float values that range from 0 to 1, and two sliders added to the UI, takes 5-10 minutes, at best, and here is illusion trying to sell it as "big new feature".

The same goes for the "studio", it could (and should) not be a secondary executable, it should be inside the actual game, and work everywhere in the game world, not just some small limited area.
The same goes for the bulding areas in the new game... technically they could allow us to build everywhere, but they seem to have issues with that.
Every building piece technically isnt more than an arbitary Id and a transform value, if its places in the world, there is no reason to limit it to 10x10m areas.

That said, i will still play around with their games, even if they lack a lot of things, it just sucks to know their games for 15 years, knowing what they could be.

EDIT: I will probably create a prototype in the near future, maybe that will raise some eyebrows and interest :p (if i werent lazy as fuck, i probably could do the entire thing solo, but i hate blender.)

Anyway, when will we geta BetterRepack?

Last edited:
Reactions: thejackel

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
Nice to see you here, welcome :p

Im glad we have your Repacks, since it was/is a Pain in the Ass to install all these things, find all the mods etc.
And a big thanks for putting them on GDrive too, very fast DL-Speed without buying premium-accounts for some stupid hoster that may even have a daily limit thats smaller than the games size.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
I can't help it, I'm at MAXIMUM HYPE, this is THE LAST and FINAL stretch, and I've NEVER been this excited for an illusion game before! (And I probably won't again. not until AA3, and not what Koikatsu was, but something given effort like this, with KK and AI level character creation stuff, and AI type level detailed gameplay, if not more. :p)

zomkung

Sep 28, 2017
Because its expensive.

I think that such a project would work best if it were a Free game, since it would need to be a community driven project anyway. (so that good content made by the community could be added to the game, if there are no copyright issues.)
I could do the game logic, the world, the UI, some modelling and texturing, materials obviously too.

I have been working with UE4 for years, but one person cant possibly know and do everything, especially in an engine thats constantly changing and evolving.

I alone cant do it, as i (currently) lack the skills in animating things and have not yet put a lot of effort into blender either, especially since the ui-rework mid year.
Personally, i would rather focus on the gameplay etc. instead of being frustrated with blender.

On a side note: I have been playing illusion games since Sexy Beach 2, and it really annoys me that they cant get their stuff together with every single release.
If my assumption is correct (judging from the trailers), that you can only rotate walls and objects by 90 degrees in the new game, i simply dont see a reason why that limitation exists.
It doesnt make a difference if you are changing a rotation by 90 or any other value, as its basically just 3 floats, which usually range from -180 to 180 (have seen -90 to 270 in other games too), but illusion, for some reason decided that 90 degrees is "the hot shit" now.)

You saw, a few posts earlier that it took me merely minutes to dissect illusions weird way of "adding visual damage to clothes" and turn it into something different.
In UE4 i would simply have two different textures for transparency, one for "damage" and one for "length", and you could have both at the same time, and technically even let players choose the patterns.
This is simply two float values that range from 0 to 1, and two sliders added to the UI, takes 5-10 minutes, at best, and here is illusion trying to sell it as "big new feature".

The same goes for the "studio", it could (and should) not be a secondary executable, it should be inside the actual game, and work everywhere in the game world, not just some small limited area.
The same goes for the bulding areas in the new game... technically they could allow us to build everywhere, but they seem to have issues with that.
Every building piece technically isnt more than an arbitary Id and a transform value, if its places in the world, there is no reason to limit it to 10x10m areas.

That said, i will still play around with their games, even if they lack a lot of things, it just sucks to know their games for 15 years, knowing what they could be.

EDIT: I will probably create a prototype in the near future, maybe that will raise some eyebrows and interest :p (if i werent lazy as fuck, i probably could do the entire thing solo, but i hate blender.)

Anyway, when will we geta BetterRepack?
Yes

Reactions: kreuzer2

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
I can't help it, I'm at MAXIMUM HYPE, this is THE LAST and FINAL stretch, and I've NEVER been this excited for an illusion game before! (And I probably won't again. not until AA3, and not what Koikatsu was, but something given effort like this, with KK and AI level character creation stuff, and AI type level detailed gameplay, if not more. :p)
Same here. I think the last illusion game that I actually hype for is artificial academy 2.

Reactions: KekKoo
3.30 star(s) 32 Votes